NameSilo

The official .mobi, .asia, .IDN sucks thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The official .mobi/ .asia/ .me/ .TV sucks thread

It seems every good thread these days gets filled with .mobi/ .asia/ .IDN/ .TV/ .us, debates. So here's a thread we can have at it! We can also refer people here if things get heated.

;)

I'll start with a neutral statement:

WTF is the point of .mobi?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DBADT2007 said:
PS, Toward the end of your post, you state its your opinion. So which is it? FACT or OPINION.

In my opinion, I have clearly stated the FACTS ... do you disagree that mTLD is not enforcing the firm development and compliance mandates? That 1,000's upon 1,000's of "reserved" "dot Mobey" domains still languish ... under the ownership of mTLD? :| :snaphappy:

mjnels said:
no but i was.... quite frankly i was shocked he agreed to come on a domainer forum and talk about .mobi

Wait, Keith (above) wasn't even present when Pinkard was here on #1 Namepros? :blink:
Then, obviously, he doesn't have all of the information to intelligently pose the question, "Since when does mtld owe anyone here at NP anything?" :guilty:
IMHO.

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Wait, Keith (above) wasn't even present when Pinkard was here on #1 Namepros? :blink:
Then, obviously, he doesn't have all of the information to intelligently pose the question, "Since when does mtld owe anyone here at NP anything?" :guilty:
IMHO.

-Jeff B-)
So I'll ask you 2 simple questions again.

1. Do you feel Pinky owes you answers because he visited NP in 2006?
(over 2 years ago, LOL)

2. How many mobis do you own Jeff?

•••
keithmt said:
Do you feel Pinky owes you answers because he visited NP in 2006?

I feel very strongly that the #1 Namepros membership deserves candid answers from Pinkard and mTLD ... to their growing lists of questions and concerns "dot Mobey" stemming from 2005/2006, IMHO. :yell:

How many mobis do you own Jeff?

I have sold three "dot Mobey's", and I still own two that are bought and paid for from the proceeds of the sales, IMHO. I would not advise anyone invest in the "dot Mobey" without specific answers to the ongoing lists of questions and concerns regarding both mTLD and the extesnion from Pinkard and mTLD, IMHO. :gl:

Thank you for understanding.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
I feel very strongly that the #1 Namepros membership deserves candid answers from Pinkard and mTLD ... to their growing lists of questions and concerns "dot Mobey" stemming from 2005/2006, IMHO. :yell:

I have sold three "dot Mobey's", and I still own two that are bought and paid for from the proceeds of the sales, IMHO. I would not advise anyone invest in the "dot Mobey" without specific answers to the ongoing lists of questions and concerns regarding both mTLD and the extesnion from Pinkard and mTLD, IMHO. :gl:

Thank you for understanding.
-Jeff B-)
I have a feeling that mtld and Pinky would rather address questions and concerns coming from the #1 mobi forum (not to be mentioned). They do not owe you, me, or NP anything.

So you own 2 lonely mobis. Why the need to put up a stink in every mobi thread then? After all, you're break even on your mobi investment at this point. Nothing to lose, everything to gain! Sit back, relax, and let things develop :tu:

•••
Jeff,
Respectfully, once again you are sidestepping the question.
You are claiming to be stating FACTS, yet you don't provide any sources for these alleged FACTS. The mere fact you have said "in my opinion" completely debunks your use of the word "FACTS" and turns it into your opinion. In previous posts you are candid in stating that some dotMobi enthusiasts hype the extension, yet you are guilty of hyping your own opinions as FACTS as well.

Personally, I cannot agree or disagree with your opinion regarding the compliance issues, since these arrangements have been made between mTLD and the companies/individuals involved. Arrangements between mTLD and each respective party may have come up with an agreement, which neither you or myself are privy to, therefore I cannot state whether compliance is being enforced, delayed, or otherwise not being enforced.
-DBADT2007

Jeff said:
In my opinion, I have clearly stated the FACTS ... do you disagree that mTLD is not enforcing the firm development and compliance mandates? That 1,000's upon 1,000's of "reserved" "dot Mobey" domains still languish ... under the ownership of mTLD? :| :snaphappy:

-Jeff B-)

•••
keithmt said:
They do not owe you, me, or NP anything.

Again, you were not present to that conversation ... and likely do not know exactly what ensued at, and shortly after, that visit IMHO. I believe Pinkard and mTLD do owe the #1 Namepros Community© answers to the growing lists of "dot mobey" questions and concerns, as I've stated IMHO. :yell:
There are, of course, other venues to discuss the "dot Mobey" ... but they do not provide - or even permit - the requisite balance and insight that is necessary for folks to make informed business and investment decisions, in my view! :guilty:

Sit back, relax, and let things develop ...

Two years has now passed, friend! :tri:
Ashame you weren't hear from the beginning to fully understand ...

-Jeff B-)

•••
This may have already been said but this is a long thread.

Some might throw .net .org into the pot also.???

•••
Jeff said:
Again, you were not present to that conversation ... and likely do not know exactly what ensued at, and shortly after, that visit IMHO. I believe Pinkard and mTLD do owe the #1 Namepros Community© answers to the growing lists of "dot mobey" questions and concerns, as I've stated IMHO. :yell:
There are, of course, other venues to discuss the "dot Mobey" ... but they do not provide - or even permit - the requisite balance and insight that is necessary for folks to make informed business and investment decisions, in my view! :guilty:

Two years has now passed, friend! :tri:
Ashame you weren't hear from the beginning to fully understand ...

-Jeff B-)
I was, and NOTHING was said or implied that Pinky OWES any kind of explanation to ANY forum period!!! You Jeff take the cake!! You have spent the last two years, criticizing everyday, .mobi, mtld, Pinky, anybody that owns or talks about .mobi, and you think Pinky or anyone wants to come to this negative .mobi forum and 'explain' things to you!! For what???? To be criticized and berated by you??? Yeah, that's a treat!! And it's not like you're going to have a 'revelation' and start buying into it!!!! As usual, all you want to do is instigate and berate him and others here with your lame and overly redundant negative and unfounded .mobi bashing!!! This forum was nice and peaceful these last 19 days, while those kids buried you somewhere on the beach, or garbage dump, or wherever you disappeared to!! But to be point on with your negativity posting little life, the first thread you run to upon returning, is this one and start right in getting things going again with your lies and untruths. But that's what you're truly here for, negative baiting for some nice flame war starting. (We must remember..eyeballs is the game!!)

Jeff, Pinky or no one owes you anything for answers!! You don't like the extension, you think it's pointless, you berate it, and you berate those that invest in it! So WHY does anyone owe someone like you an explanation for anything!!! If anything, you owe every member here an explanation for your consistant rude demoralizing, negative berating, unsubstantiated bashing posts!!

So nice to know the ocean undertow wasn't that strong there at the beach. (NOT!)

And Jeffie, may you always be looking up, as birds fly above you!

^v^ ^v^
..:.......:..

_\|/_ _\|/_

•••
.MOBI Agenda™ ...

hawkeye said:
So nice to know the ocean undertow wasn't that strong there at the beach. (NOT!)

And Jeffie, may you always be looking up, as birds fly above you!

^v^ ^v^

_\|/_ _\|/_

^ To once again repeat: :gl:
Jeff said:
FACT:
Mutitudes of questions and concerns regarding mTLD and the "dot Mobey" extension continue to go unanswered!

FACT:
Instead of candid answers to these myriad of questions and concerns, those closest with mTLD and the "dot Mobey" continue to post immature spam and personal attacks (ie, distraction and subterfuge)! :guilty: :snaphappy:

-Jeff B-)

•••
There you go pick and chose the parts you want to use so you can blame others, but you never seem to reply to the rest of peoples questions or requests made to you directly. (Something from your 'How to Berate Others Handbook'??) DBAT is still waiting for a reply, as are others found in this thread where you've ignored their questions for justifiable proof etc.! A pattern you've left through-out all your bashing postings! (Probably has something to do with that newly painted yellow pole you leaned against!)

•••
In my opinion, I have clearly stated the FACTS that are in the context and germaine to our discussion (that the "dot Mobey" sucks!) ... and the very real possibility of an new .CELL or .IPHONE extension(s) will further dilute and confuse the "dot Mobey", in my best estimation. These new extensions - also including the highly brandable .TEL and .WEB - are major league additional and extremely problematic headaches for mTLD and "dot Mobey" enthusiasts! :guilty: :yell: :imho:
Do you disagree that new extensions will further cloud and confuse the "dot Mobey"? IYHO's.

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
In my opinion, .....
Exactly, and nothing more so!

Jeff said:
Do you disagree that new extensions will further cloud and confuse the "dot Mobey"? IYHO's.
Yes.

•••
hawkeye said:
Jeff said:
Yes.

You disagree, thanks for the insight friend. :|

-Jeff B-)

•••
yea i hate .mobi
but the others u listed are ok in my book! tho i dont own any of em!
i think if they were smart the would do .m for mobile being who wants to type .mobi on their mobile phone?????

i assume thats what .mobi stands for ?
to assume is to make a ass of u&me

•••
this thread is only kept alive because .mobi supporters are feeding the trolls. Simply place the trolls on ignore and stop falling into the same trap of replying to redundant/ignorant posts.

It's quite simple.

.MOBI doesn't need anyone to protect it. No extension does. Supporters are always needed...but Protectors are not necessary. By constantly standing up to defend the merits of .mobi, you give trolls an ongoing venue to make themselves heard. If you ignore them... they will disappear.

It's a shame that sometimes "page views" are more important than actual "point of views". There's very little substance, if any to all the baiting.

IMHO, trolls single-handedly destroyed the benefits of the .mobi forum on NamePros. Stop feeding the trolls so they can find other ways to entertain themselves. Trolling is a sad existence. It must be troubling to watch others attain success and move forward, only to be left behind crying,bitching & belittling others, just to make yourself feel better.

I'm sure the trolls will have plenty of time left over to focus on .ME, .TEL, .ASIA, etc...

sad.

•••
^ Back on topic, please!

MrRhee said:
There's very little substance, if any to all the baiting.

We can finally agree ... as I've been calling for actual SUBSTANCE regarding both mTLD and the struggling "dot Mobey" for a long, long time - and obviously rather than getting straight answers and actual stand-alone developments (to build the critical "ecosystem" of unique and compelling websites for use by those that are "on the go"!), I - and others - are instead constantly personally attacked for our opinions, and for raising those very germaine, and long-standing, questions and concerns! :| :imho:

I think this post sums it up best - here from a related "News" thread in the #1 Namepros "Industry News" Forum: :gl:
Jeff said:
labrocca said:
I would like to see some new innovative mobi sites.

Had the published and promised RFP process not been abandoned, and had the firm and contractual development requirements for the premium-auctioned "generic" domains been enforced, and had not mTLD still reserved 1,000's and 1,000's of undeveloped and languishing "premium" domains ... we might have seen some ACTUAL unique and compelling stand-alone developments (and respective promotions!) for those that are "on the go", IMHO. :yell:
Alas, the aforementioned questions and concerns persist ... :guilty:

Enjoy the summer! :music:
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
MrRhee said:
this thread is only kept alive because .mobi supporters are feeding the trolls. Simply place the trolls on ignore and stop falling into the same trap of replying to redundant/ignorant posts.

It's quite simple.

.MOBI doesn't need anyone to protect it. No extension does. Supporters are always needed...but Protectors are not necessary. By constantly standing up to defend the merits of .mobi, you give trolls an ongoing venue to make themselves heard. If you ignore them... they will disappear.

im not "protecting" mobi... this is no trap for me.. ive been watching this thing the entire time.

it just so happens im as bored as Jeff is sometimes.. i dont really even care that much about them disappearing at this point. its funny and fun. Jeff aint going anywhere.

you really cant help but laugh and have fun with the kind of sensationalism that is being dished out..

•••
mjnels said:
you really cant help but laugh and have fun with the kind of sensationalism that is being dished out..
:sold: :sold:

:bingo:

•••
mjnels said:
im not "protecting" mobi... this is no trap for me.. ive been watching this thing the entire time.

There are a couple - such as yourself and Hawkeye - remaining "dot Mobey" teeny niche enthusiasts that feel the need to constantly defend the struggling extension, as well as mTLD's mishandling of it! :o :imho:
Typically, they also add personal assaults and immature jibes such as referring to me (and others that don't agree with them) as "Jeffie" and the "little one", etc. and they are apparently extremely threatened by the highly brandable .TEL (as well as other new extensions, such as the potential of the diluting .WEB, .CELL, .IPHONE etc., as well!) as you'll consistently witness in the related ".TEL" discussion threads, IMHO. :|

As already documented, this behavior is simply distraction (from the ongoing and very real - and unanswered - questions and concerns "dot Mobey"!) and subterfuge folks! :yell: :snaphappy:
Actual substance simply cannot be provided, so this repeated staunch and very public protecting of the faltering "dot Mobey" and attempt to belittle others' opinions are the only things left in their formerly hyped "bag of tricks", in my view. :guilty:

Tick. Tock.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
There are a couple - such as yourself and Hawkeye - remaining "dot Mobey" teeny niche enthusiasts that feel the need to constantly defend the struggling extension, as well as mTLD's mishandling of it! :o

uh-huh, and you feel the need to constantly bash it. your a nayayer, im a yaysayer.

and i dont defend anything about mTLD's handling.... i dont care when it comes all the way down to it.

domaining is about making money for yourself, not supporting some company. get with the program, sir.

•••
mjnels said:
and i dont defend anything about mTLD's handling.... i dont care when it comes all the way down to it.

Fair enough. :gl:
Then is it fair to say, should one care, that mTLD has mishandled - namely; abandoning the published RFP process and not enforcing the firm development mandates and coding compliancy while 1,000's+/+ of domains still languish undeveloped in their sole ownership - many critical aspects with regard to the "dot Mobey" extension? Furthermore, do you agree that these lingering questions and concerns need to be promptly and ADEQUATELY ADDRESSED before they are permitted to release even one single character "dot Mobey" for - again - pure GREED profit?? :$: :blink:
IYHO.

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Fair enough. :gl:
Then is it fair to say, should one care, that mTLD has mishandled - namely; abandoning the published RFP process and not enforcing the firm development mandates and coding compliancy while 1,000's+/+ of domains still languish undeveloped in their sole ownership - many critical aspects with regard to the "dot Mobey" extension?

if one feels insulted enough... sure they can characterize it as being mishandled, but they wouldnt necessary be accurate because its a private company. things change. they are a for-profit company too. i really believe they have the interest of longterm viability in the TLD... why take our money once or twice in registration fees when they could take it dozens of times if they build a good foundation.

Jeff said:
Furthermore, do you agree that these lingering questions and concerns need to be promptly and ADEQUATELY ADDRESSED before they are permitted to release even one single character "dot Mobey" for - again - pure GREED profit?? :$: :blink:
IYHO.

i will take all the additional info i can get from mTLD regarding any of their plans. but, again i understand a private company in a competitive environment is not likely to give everyone all the answers they want.

....now dont just go quoting the part of my responses you liked... taking things out of context is bad and misleading.

•••
i missed out on the .mobi landrush, are good .mobi still available?

:cy:

•••
•••
ATL.tv said:
i missed out on the .mobi landrush, are good .mobi still available?

:cy:
No but drops are right around the corner.
Never know what you'll find!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back