IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
JB, in relation to the population of the United States, the number of individuals that actually think a woman who has been raped has any obligation is insignificantly insignificant. I would imagine it is significantly less than the number of liberals who think it is okay for the IRS to target Tea Party non-profits.Yet, that is the excuse liberals always use, the one scare tactic they throw out at the voters in close elections. "Quick, make the conservative state he is pro life, so we can suggest through innuendo that he wants raped women to raise the rape-offspring." Phhhtt.

That's a red state too, isn't it..

Any state that voluntarily sends Al Franken to the Senate to represent their needs, is a pretty f----- up state. As for gay rights -shrugs- like I've said before who cares, government shouldn't be involved in marriage either way.

Last edited:
•••
I would imagine it is significantly less than the number of liberals who think it is okay for the IRS to target Tea Party non-profits.

Once we stop targeting "Tea Party" because it's bad we can start talking about non targeting "black people" in some neighborhoods and middle eastern looking gentlemen at airports. Agreed.

Non statistically driven "profiling" is either bad or it's not.

Last edited:
•••
....we can start talking about non targeting "black people" in some neighborhoods and middle eastern looking gentlemen...

But, there's something suspicious about those middle eastern men. I think it's their scraggly beards.

19588623_BG1.jpg

Oh, wait, middle east, midwest, I get confused sometimes ;)

•••
JB, in relation to the population of the United States, the number of individuals that actually think a woman who has been raped has any obligation is insignificantly insignificant. I would imagine it is significantly less than the number of liberals who think it is okay for the IRS to target Tea Party non-profits.Yet, that is the excuse liberals always use, the one scare tactic they throw out at the voters in close elections. "Quick, make the conservative state he is pro life, so we can suggest through innuendo that he wants raped women to raise the rape-offspring." Phhhtt.

Any state that voluntarily sends Al Franken to the Senate to represent their needs, is a pretty f----- up state. As for gay rights -shrugs- like I've said before who cares, government shouldn't be involved in marriage either way.

Yeah, the only difference between Franken and someone like Reagan is that Franken is smarter than 90% of congress, left and right (and Reagan). He can actually read and think for himself and doesn't need advice from his wife's psychic network.

Government shouldn'tbe involved in marriage either way, eh? That's the kind of offhand cavelier remark I've come to expect from concerned conservatives. It's right up there with suggesting raped women who have babies from being raped is insignificant, or that those women are used as a scare tactic.

Please enlighetn me on the real beliefs of conservatives when rape produces babies, however insignificant you believe the number to be. Grt it out in the open. The women or young girls are expected to carry and give birth, aren't they? Who is forced to pay for the meical bills?There's no free pass to get an abortion, is there? Going to give the rapists paternal privileges, too?

And though I've asked several times, no conservative has answered my questrion about what happens if they get their way and a constitutional amendment is adopted forbiding abortions. Besides being the ultimate form of government interference (if you look at the existing amendments, rthey focus on what people can do, not what they can't), what happpens to girls and women who get illegal abortions? Since conservatives consider abortion murder, will the females be put to death in states with the death penalty? Sent to prison for life for pre-meditated murder? This isn't a scare tactic. You can't have it both ways. Either it's murder or it's not. if not, what is it? If it is, simply answer my question: death penalty or not?

Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996 Aug;175(2):320-4; discussion 324-5.

Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women.

Holmes MM, Resnick HS, Kilpatrick DG, Best CL.

Source

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425-2233, USA.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

We attempted to determine the national rape-related pregnancy rate and provide descriptive characteristics of pregnancies that result from rape.

STUDY DESIGN:

A national probability sample of 4008 adult American women took part in a 3-year longitudinal survey that assessed the prevalence and incidence of rape and related physical and mental health outcomes.

RESULTS:

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. Among 34 cases of rape-related pregnancy, the majority occurred among adolescents and resulted from assault by a known, often related perpetrator. Only 11.7% of these victims received immediate medical attention after the assault, and 47.1% received no medical attention related to the rape. A total 32.4% of these victims did not discover they were pregnant until they had already entered the second trimester; 32.2% opted to keep the infant whereas 50% underwent abortion and 5.9% placed the infant for adoption; an additional 11.8% had spontaneous abortion.

CONCLUSIONS:

Rape-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency. It is a cause of many unwanted pregnancies and is closely linked with family and domestic violence. As we address the epidemic of unintended pregnancies in the United States, greater attention and effort should be aimed at preventing and identifying unwanted pregnancies that result from sexual victimization.

Last edited:
•••
Verbster, where did I say that raped women were insignificant, or that those numbers were insignificant? I said neither. The entire basis for your last post is false.

Once again, Verbster proves to be the model liberal, misdirect mislead, misquote.

•••
Rouge, you skipped the question, went around it like some politician:

"Woman gets raped. She wants to abort. If it were up to you, could she? Or would she be forced to have the child? This is for any of the lurking Republicans."

•••
If a woman gets raped, YES, she should get a free government paid abortion. The vast majority of abortions however are done by promiscuous women who like to fornicate with every Tom, Dick and Harry and have a good time without thinking about her responsibilities, I say let them also have their abortions, except for one thing.... LET THEM PAY FOR THE ABORTION out of their pockets. Their boyfriends, if they can be identified, should also be made to pay for the abortion, since they are also partly responsible. As an alternative to paying, in case they have no money, they could perform community work and made to take some lessons on responsibility. Again this also applies to the guys

If that were to happen, the 1.3 million abortions annually in the US would drop dramatically. People have to take responsibilities for their actions. Why should the rest of the population have to pay for someone's promiscuity?

•••
Verbster, where did I say that raped women were insignificant, or that those numbers were insignificant? I said neither. The entire basis for your last post is false.

Once again, Verbster proves to be the model liberal, misdirect mislead, misquote.

And still waiting for you to answer a simple question. Guess you got misdirected, huh?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

If a woman gets raped, YES, she should get a free government paid abortion.

Thanks for answering the question, Gilsan.

•••

"Woman gets raped. She wants to abort. If it were up to you, could she? Or would she be forced to have the child? This is for any of the lurking Republicans."

And my question to you is, "Why are you asking me this question? It is not representative of the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of republicans. So, why ask it of a republican? It is a distraction from the true discussion, which is, "Why are you so willing to allow babies to be killed all the time instead of fighting to protect them whenever possible?"

The -only- way you guys can sleep at night is to pretend that since there is an issue that allows for the aborting of babies, all abortions are good.

•••
I'm asking because I want to know. Why do you keep skipping it?

"there is an issue that allows for the aborting of babies"

Well, I'll take that as you think it's ok for abortions in the case of incest/rape, right?

I can sleep at night because I really believe it is a woman's right on what she does with something growing in her body. It's not only my belief, it's the law. Not the Republicans Anti-Freedom, Big Government view of them deciding. I know if you forced those women to go thru with those pregnancies, the end result would be higher crime, usually horrible lives for those children. Is that good?

Last edited:
•••
And my question to you is, "Why are you asking me this question? It is not representative of the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of republicans. So, why ask it of a republican? It is a distraction from the true discussion, which is, "Why are you so willing to allow babies to be killed all the time instead of fighting to protect them whenever possible?"

The -only- way you guys can sleep at night is to pretend that since there is an issue that allows for the aborting of babies, all abortions are good.

To answer your question:

I'm asking about what happens because aborting a fetus is only the first half of the issue. I know your stand on the abortion itself, but I want to know your stand on what happens to the woman and other people involved after the abortion. I've not heard anything about this from conservatives or you, so I want to know if you've thought this through. And I'm not talking about a rape victim; I mean any pregnancy that is a planned abortion.

Since the pro-life movement is based on the premise that abortions are the taking of a human life with the full rights of a citizen, that would have to mean abortion is the planned murder of human beings. And if that is the case, that means that a woman who gets an illegal abortion is a pre-meditated murderer. (And those who participate in the abortion are accessories to murder.)

The question: If the pro-life movement succeeds in passing a constitutional amendment that makes abortions illegal, if a woman has an illegal abortion, does that mean she is guilty of pre-meditated murder and can be sentenced to death in states (like Texas) that allow the death penalty?

Last edited:
•••
I really believe it is a woman's right on what she does with something growing in her body. It's not only my belief, it's the law.

The same words could be used to describe a tumor. Why not say "pre-natal baby?" I'm curious as to when that "thing growing in a woman's body" becomes a human being worthy of human rights.

I don't see it as anti-freedom to consider these questions, any more than it was anti-freedom to demand human rights for slaves. And at one time, the law was in favor of slavery, and considered black Africans less than human. That didn't make it right.

How can you be sure that, in 100 years, an enlightened society (and all societies consider themselves enlightened at the time) won't be equally shocked that pre-natal babies were considered less than human?

•••
Will be interesting to see the tactics the Obama kiss-ass Liberal Media is going to use, to cover up Benghazi, IRS and AP and possibly other scandals, that are still to show up, plus all the Dishonesty, Corruption, Cheating, Electoral Theft and Fraud that they (Liberal Media) were so successful in covering up in order to get Obama to win the elections.

Or are the flood gates of all these scandals just too big to be able to control now?

Last edited:
•••
Or are the flood gates of all these scandals just too big to be able to control now?

In the end, he is a liberal and the media will continue to carry the water. I don't think any of this will affect Obama. A year from now people will continue to gripe about Obamacare even as they implement it, they will continue to complain about Benghazi while promoting Hillary as a viable Presidential candidate, a few IRS employees will be let go, and the administration will be working on a second honeymoon with the media, as they try to juice up some legacy content for his post-Presidential life.

-shrugs-

Business as usual.

•••
This one funny thread. Americans no like each other and other countrys.

Not sure why this is. if Obama no win as some say then why he president?

Why argue abortion? How many people talking abortion in here are women?

•••

1) Because abortion is one of the primary issues that liberals use to scare independents into voting democrat. 2) Roughly 50% of the babies killed are male, so why shouldn't they have a voice?

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

........usually horrible lives for those children. Is that good?

Doctor to unborn baby: "Hey, we all voted, and we think you just aren't going to enjoy living all that much, so, ahhhh.... we're just going to go ahead and kill you before you have a chance to realize how much your life would probably have sucked maybe. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it does me, but dying is for your own good. Trust me."

•••
In the end, he is a liberal and the media will continue to carry the water. I don't think any of this will affect Obama. A year from now people will continue to gripe about Obamacare even as they implement it, they will continue to complain about Benghazi while promoting Hillary as a viable Presidential candidate, a few IRS employees will be let go, and the administration will be working on a second honeymoon with the media, as they try to juice up some legacy content for his post-Presidential life.

-shrugs-

Business as usual.
Unfortunately, for the sake of the truth, I believe you are right. It's really difficult to win a game fairly and squarely when the ref is totally biased.

Doctor to unborn baby: "Hey, we all voted, and we think you just aren't going to enjoy living all that much, so, ahhhh.... we're just going to go ahead and kill you before you have a chance to realize how much your life would probably have sucked maybe. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it does me, but dying is for your own good. Trust me."
Sounds like Dr "Baby Killer" Gosnell talking to the many babies he killed, the same doctor who was convicted to life imprisonment just last week and which the Liberal Media didn't want to talk about.

Last edited:
•••
Eh, I'm going to stay out of this thread as well, circles upon circles upon circles. I need to go make money, lol, see ya.

•••

This from a lurking Republican.. I simply don't have the time to respond to each and every post from you and verbster, I wish I did, because it's quite easy to do, as well as entertaining...

To your question above, if a Woman is in her first trimester, YES, I think she should have the right to abort, and it doesn't matter if she was raped or not, that's my personal view..

The problem with pro abortionists like yourself is that you think it's OK and justified to terminate a pregnancy all the way to LATE TERM, even AFTER the baby is outside the womb, this is where pro-abortionist's lose all their credibility on this issue, It's downright barbaric.

It's true the majority of Woman want the right to make that choice, but it's a choice that should be made in the EARLY stages of pregnancy.. Your selling a LIE when you say that conservatives want to end abortion as we know it.. I know a lot of conservative Women who feel the same way I do, that it should regulated, that woman should NOT have the right to murder their child anytime they want to... Unfortunately you do.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

1) Because abortion is one of the primary issues that liberals use to scare independents into voting democrat. 2) Roughly 50% of the babies killed are male, so why shouldn't they have a voice?"

If we buy into the asinine argument that it's a Woman's body and she has the right to do whatever she wants, that would mean she has 2 hearts, 2 brains, 2 vaginas or 1 vagina and 1 penis.

And your right, it's all about scaring Woman voters in the LIE that Republicans want to END abortion, that they hate Women, that they don't think Women should earn the same wages as Men, but in reality, history proves that it's the democratic party that has been the least favorable to Woman, and Republicans the more favorable.

Democrats successfully hijacked the black vote, and are doing the same with Women vote, problem with Republicans is they allow it happen.

Last edited:
•••
This from a lurking Republican.. I simply don't have the time to respond to each and every post from you and verbster, I wish I did, because it's quite easy to do, as well as entertaining...

To your question above, if a Woman is in her first trimester, YES, I think she should have the right to abort, and it doesn't matter if she was raped or not, that's my personal view..

The problem with pro abortionists like yourself is that you think it's OK and justified to terminate a pregnancy all the way to LATE TERM, even AFTER the baby is outside the womb, this is where pro-abortionist's lose all their credibility on this issue, it's barbaric.

It's true the majority of Woman want the right to make that choice, but it's a choice that should be made in the EARLY stages of pregnancy.. Your selling a LIE when you say that conservatives want to end abortion as we know it.. I know a lot of conservative Women who feel the same way I do, that it should regulated, that woman should NOT have the right to murder their child anytime they want to... Unfortunately you do.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

If we buy into the asinine argument that it's a Woman's body and she has the right to do whatever she wants, that would mean she has 2 hearts, 2 brains, 2 vaginas or 1 vagina and 1 penis.

And your right, it's all about scaring Woman voters in this LIE that Republicans want to END abortion, that they hate Women, that they don't think they should earn the same wages as Men, but in reality, history proves that it's the democratic party that has been the least favorable to Woman.

Democrats successfully hijacked the black vote, and are doing the same with Women vote..Problem with Republicans is they allow it happen.

You just flip flopped just like Romney. Now you're ok with abortion at the beginning, earlier in the thread it was at conception. And it is what most Republicans want. For you being a Republican and not knowing your own party's platform is pretty amazing.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Sounds like Dr "Baby Killer" Gosnell talking to the many babies he killed, the same doctor who was convicted to life imprisonment just last week and which the Liberal Media didn't want to talk about.

And we go to Gilsan, who likes to continually lie about things or he doesn't know how to read.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...gosnell-convicted-of-first-degree-murder?lite

He continually says liberal media doesn't report on this and that. And I can continually post articles proving him wrong.

Will be interesting to see the tactics the Obama kiss-ass Liberal Media is going to use, to cover up Benghazi, IRS and AP and possibly other scandals, that are still to show up, plus all the Dishonesty, Corruption, Cheating, Electoral Theft and Fraud that they (Liberal Media) were so successful in covering up in order to get Obama to win the elections.

Of course you're loving it. I thought it was about the economy and jobs? Unemployment keeps going down, stock market up. How about the deficit?

"A continued decline in the federal budget deficit this year is resulting in a better than expected fiscal forecast for 2013 from the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/05/14/budget-deficit-cbo-estimate/2158945/

This will come back and bite you guys.

And I actually agree with some of that stuff above. Well, Benghazi is old news. IRS should should look at all those types of groups, it just so happens there are more "tea party", "patriot" type stuff. I would look at them too. As far as the AP "scandal", no laws were broken, you can thank the Conservatives for that:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-r-stone/the-ap-scandal-the-straig_b_3289973.html

So sorry Conservatives that the economy is getting better. This stuff will blow over time the next election happens and our economy will be even better, that's what most Americans care about. Knowing the right, you're going to try to push and push, and in the end will come out looking like witch hunters. So I'm all for it.

Last edited:
•••
This one funny thread. Americans no like each other and other countrys.

Not sure why this is. if Obama no win as some say then why he president?

DN-101
SanFran
ZigmundF

What's your next user name going to be?

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

You just flip flopped just like Romney. Now you're ok with abortion at the beginning, earlier in the thread it was at conception.

You would be a liar to say that I posted abortion should not be allowed at conception.

•••
You would be a liar to say that I posted abortion should not be allowed at conception.

"As for Ron Paul's position on abortion, I commend him for introducing and re-introducing the "Sanctity of Life Act" which I hope will be passed when Republicans take over both houses of congress and the executive branch next year."

"The Sanctity of Life Act would have defined human life and legal personhood (specifically, natural personhood) as beginning at conception,"

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctity_of_Life_Act"]Sanctity of Life Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://www.namepros.com/743640-ron-paul-why-he-being-ignored-17.html#post4343467

More quotes:

"Doesn't our Government do this already with Murderers? That's what abortion is you know, it's Murder no matter how you look at. "

"Do this include the "Right" for every women to KILL their unborn child, early or late term and not have to provide a reason why?"

See that word early in bold?

Need I go on?

And where in the world do you see Republicans being ok with abortion at anytime?:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012_RNC_Platform.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Republican_Party_Abortion.htm

So now, you're cool with abortion at the beginning, also cool with prostitution. Republican?

Last edited:
•••
Eh, I'm going to stay out of this thread as well, circles upon circles upon circles. I need to go make money, lol, see ya.

That is well said!

I will also do as you said.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back