Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only reason i see that we got booted out of Bodis for was the ( 100% Revenue Share ) offer.

If Bodis will still exist in 2008 (after the expiration of 100% offer) Matt will reopen Bodis registration again.

I have been watching this thread for the last three days and i noticed that almost everybody got booted .. no one still in !!

Matt, if all of our domains are "low-quality" traffic .. what about showing us some domains from the 300 "medium to high quality traffic" accounts ( don't include your domains :) )

BTW, what you did with us .. known as "SCAM"

•••
cfguru360 said:
Maybe it is not clear to many:

The reason we were forced to close many low-quality accounts and accounts that did not have enough traffic to determine low-quality, was due to the high fraud rate we have had over the past few weeks.

Our upstream ad providers have contacted us several times that we would not be able to continue our partnership if the fraud rate would continue at the rate that we had. Unfortunately, without a partnership with our main upstream ad provider, we’d have to close our doors completely for business.

We have used third-party fraud software to determine the quality score of all accounts. As mentioned previously, our upstream ad providers are pushing us to immediately disable all accounts other than accounts that receive very high-quality traffic.

All earned revenue payments will still be paid out by the company to the user.

As I have mentioned, I will try to re-instate as many accounts as possible of trusted members that have acceptable traffic. Other than that, there's not much we can do. It is either that or we must close our doors for business in the upcoming weeks.

Ah, so what you are saying is that there were fraudulent clicks?

Not that I was making a ton of money, but there were hardly enough clicks to be considered fraudulent.

Why not just say that your servers were overloaded and you only wanted to keep high income accounts? That seems to be the painfully obvious answer.

•••
I know everyone is pissed with Matt, and to be honest I was too when I saw THE MAIL.
However, this lasted for a grand total of 1 minute and 23 seconds.

In fact, I would like to thank Matt and congratulate him for even conceptualizing something like Bodis.

This was the first time that I ever imagined Domain parking as a means of livelihood. In fact, before Bodis happened to me, I had only around 15 domains under my belt earning $15-20 a month. Today, this figure has jumped to an incredible 230 and I am earning over $500 a month only through parking. And guess what, none of this would have happened if Bodis hadn't happened.

Matt is a true revolutionary and a great visionary and I am pretty sure that his vision will inspire a number of new startups in this fledgling industry offering higher payouts than ever before.

Unfortunately, all great revolutions have to come to an end some time or the other and like the rest, I too am immensely disappointed with the fate of Bodis.

I personally hope, actually I am pretty sure, that Matt will come back with a bang in the near future. In the meanwhile, I would like to wish Matt all the best in his future ventures.

•••
I suggest that everyone make a screenshot of their "Full Domain Revenue Report".

Just in case...

thetruman said:
Have an idea,
we could hang Matt head down and show him a video of Britney Spears life 24/7 for a full month :yell:

Last edited:
•••
Well i'm still in "for now" and i really don't know why.
Some much larger and more profitable accounts have been given their marching orders.
Apart from a few good names the rest are pretty rubbish - very strange selection process.

•••
This is my opinion, I havent more evidence than the one given by the facts and my interpretation of them.

I see that Bodis is closing account because "non existing entity" says that our traffic arent good enough. The fact is that this entity puts the major part of sponsored links on our parked sites, because there have never been a decent ammount of announces, sometimes they display 0.

If he has started a Parking company and did not develop or have good policies against Frauds or Sammers, he have no idea of the world in which we live, what i really dont believe...

I dont believe in Matt and I think he has got a bag full of dollars in behalf of our support and now he is retiring or appearing to take this business "more carefully" to stay, kicking out all that does not make a REALLY BIG REVENUE, with who will continue profit under other conditions.

This does not been supposed to end in this way... I did not believe in him, i have believed in Bodis since they has all the support from this community as the majority of us.

Im very disappointed with this child.

P.S. For those who claims "what was you doing as his age?"... i wasnt thinking how to take profit of third part goods and then discard it, doesnt giving a damn on all their RESEARCH WORK, INVESTION and DEVELOPMENT.

•••
Matt must pay

I donot know what is a good or great ctr but I think 25% is worth keeping Matt per the interveiws alot of money in the domain game...and if he does not offer a settlement soon we must start class action please pm me if anyone would like to go over the steps we need to take..not is civil problem but laws were broken and Matt could be looking at alot of jail time as this would be in the feds hands. Matt you will have to pay to make this right...you made a big mistake and I am sorry or I will reinstate is not enough I personal want to be paid anyone else pm me and we can get started

•••
Wow , this is getting personal . And talk of lawsuits. Can you sue , sure , in this country you can sue for anything, BUT it would cost a small fortune to do it. No lwayer would work pro bono for this case . theres no garentee of recovering anything. Its more about a loss of time and effort. (Now if they opened the books and found something ,thats a different story.). (ANd for the people who say its only money and move on, try telling that to the people ar Enron. )
Its just business , I got laid off 3 months ago ( Still without a job) and the company let me go as I was walking out the door on my 2 weeks vacation. It was unprofesional to do that as I was leavning on vacation and I told them so. And to let me go without any warning. No bad reports or bad reviews. I was mad but it was buisness. Everyone under the sun told me to sue. I just sucked it up and moved on. They did pay me severance to sign a no-sue document. ( They were scarred i would , so there was something there I guess) .

Now I do understand why people are so mad and this thread is a great place to get your anger out. What forums are for . I see the biggest problem people have is the fact that for 2 months the payouts were tiny or non exsistent. Customers were told to hold on, give me time. so people waited the 2 months and made nothing and as soon as he said it will go up from here, he booted almost everyone.That is an issue .
BUT in the end its his business and he has to do what is in his best interest.

•••
Bad Bodis.com Business Practice

I have no problem with them closing my account due to not enough traffic, HOWEVER, a little notice would have been nice. With bodis you can create custom pages with content and images. I would have liked to grab that before he closed the account.

I spent quite a bit of time building the pages to have a custom content.

If your going to slit my throat (in a business sense of course) do it to my face please and don't try to be some kinda ninja.

How about a some notice...geez.

Ben

Dear Member,

We regret to inform you that your account at Bodis.com has been suspended from further parking any domain names. Our upstream ad providers are pushing us to close any medium to low quality traffic accounts at the earliest convenience.

In an effort to meet their needs and improve the network earnings, we were forced to close your account, due to either the low to medium quality traffic, or due to the minimum amount of traffic that you have sent us which may have not allowed us to determine the full potential of your traffic.

Your past earnings will still be disbursed to the payment information you have on file. You may still log into your account management area on Bodis.com to manage your payment settings and view your past earnings. For any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected].

•••
I applied to bodis 3 times. I never even got a reply. It is DEFINATELY their loss to not accept. They are losing ALOT of money.

When I see their stats on domains for sale, I move on. I have no respect for them and their program.

Customer service is a joke!

My prediction, this service will be closed in a year or so!

•••
REVOLUTION was end. Many people got suspend.

•••
•••
•••
kev said:
is the cull over yet? :)
Cull. 2: To reduce or control the size of (as a herd) by removal (as by hunting) of especially weaker animals; also : to hunt or kill (animals) as a means of population control.

I had to look that one up. Nice analogy. :)

•••
CoolMark said:
Question 2: How many times has Matt stated that you can PM him if your account has been disabled?

I did.. he didnt reply :yell:

•••
Once you are kicked off can you not access your account anymore? I can, even though I received the email which I find a littel bit odd.

•••
kev said:
is the cull over yet? :)

I was wondering that too......

Stephen.

•••
Ben42 said:
I would have liked to grab that before he closed the account.

You can still access both, your account and this info, even if you have been suspended. At least that's what I've understood.

So the optimizing work is comparatively safe. You can also use the same keywords/images/descriptions at any other services you choose. You also have the benefit of having your domains indexed, even new hand regs, like I have.

And I dont honestly think its about amount of revenue. I think this is some Traffic Quality score they're working on.

I can tell you what I think caused this problem for most -
1. Redirection of traffic from other domains.
2. Advertising parked pages.
3. Submission of bodis 'sites' to search engines, as people are wont to do, without a thought to the state of the web with only parked pages...

I do agree a lot of people are pissed coz they waited two months with revenue in the pits and feel the supported the company which has since given them the shaft.

But if you honestly think that Ask is going to allow Matt to keep a few hundred thousand dollars on account of this, you are being naive. We all know how bloodsucking most of the ad companies are.

•••
Das Boot !

Did any of you guys get re-admitted ? Matt mentioned to PM him and some could be re-admitted.

After waiting a couple of months, I would wait again if I could get re-admitted. I really think Matt was onto something. I think the scammers got into it was the main problem (just speculation). I also think there were some competitors that were nervous - I even think there may have been some pressure applied to the sponsors.

I still think that customized pages - content, colors and images - is the way to go. While I should probably be mad - I really want to finish testing this out. I sent a PM, but I guess he's just too busy at the moment to respond.

Good luck to all you guys (and gals).

•••
mwzd said:
You can still access both, your account and this info, even if you have been suspended. At least that's what I've understood.

So the optimizing work is comparatively safe. You can also use the same keywords/images/descriptions at any other services you choose. You also have the benefit of having your domains indexed, even new hand regs, like I have.

And I dont honestly think its about amount of revenue. I think this is some Traffic Quality score they're working on.

I can tell you what I think caused this problem for most -
1. Redirection of traffic from other domains.
2. Advertising parked pages.
3. Submission of bodis 'sites' to search engines, as people are wont to do, without a thought to the state of the web with only parked pages...

I do agree a lot of people are pissed coz they waited two months with revenue in the pits and feel the supported the company which has since given them the shaft.

But if you honestly think that Ask is going to allow Matt to keep a few hundred thousand dollars on account of this, you are being naive. We all know how bloodsucking most of the ad companies are.

I dont think submitting names to seo had anything to do with it that happens all the time with parked domains, google indexes parked sites all the time some stay some drop,.
In addition i think there may have been a lot of traffic from countries which upline advertisers dont like especially countries where gdp is a couple hundred dollars a year per family, or countries where click fraud abounds.

Last edited:
•••
Alternatives - Mini-Sites ?

After testing Bodis, I am even more interested in customizing my domains (sites). I can see that some domains will need to be developed to make good revenue. I took these expired domains and developed the content, colors and graphics using Bodis and got these results (3 1/2 months):

Visitors Clicks CTR Revenue
Chandelier-earrings.net 1209 434 36% $106.08
Perverse-pleasures.com 2499 389 16% $93.59
Airsoft-Outlet.com 1925 409 21% $84.77
AllAmericanBowling.com 2206 322 15% $75.81
EDiamondHeartJewelry.COM 798 313 39% $61.56

What do you guys recommend for developing small mini-sites. I am encouraged that I can develop these into small mini-sites and do just as well as Bodis. I have some sites that are doing well at Whypark - but they are ones that are oriented towards articles and information.

Can any of you guys recommend a service that has great hosting prices and allows for multiple domains? It will need to be a great price to be profitable.

•••
At this point there are few lessons to be drawn:

1. Bodis has been and still is in beta stage. We all know we are guinea pigs from the beginning. I have never expected that everything would run smoothly.
    When I design software I know there will be bugs and improvements to be made :hehe:
    These talks of lawsuit are just ridiculous. OK I know we are in the US but for God's sake... are you going to sue for a few bucks.
  2. I think Matt has underestimated how difficult it is to start a business venture. Bodis has been a one-man show and a business cannot grow fast and well without adequate staffing. It takes at least one full-time employee just for customer support. Of course if support is non-existent people are pissed and move away...
  3. Somebody said earlier that it's the advertiser that's calling the shots and that is very true.
    Fraud is a real problem that affects all of us. Fighting fraud requires sophisticated software, auditing, staffing (again), time and resources just to keep business afloat.
    Now Bodis is swamped up and must strike hard to salvage its standing with the advertiser.
    I'm not commenting on the handling of this but we all know that without advertisers the parking providers can close doors.
  4. I tend to think that parking providers (as a rule) tend to be amateurish when it comes to redundacy or error handling not to mention DOS countermeasures. IMO they should have more redundant systems with load balancing like the banks. Downtime means loss of revenue.

When a business grows too fast at some point it cannot keep pace. As a result it's forced to trim down operations dramatically. Let's hope that if Bodis survives it will now pursue a strategy of cautious sustained growth. That will come at a price and they will have to be more selective... other parking companies close down accounts every day, not always for good reasons - if the traffic doesn't convert (for the advertisers) they can't help you.
If you think google adsense is the solution: they also close accounts for somewhat arbitrary reasons or events beyoud your control.
Hopefully everyones now realizes that starting a parking business is complex and not for the faint of heart.

•••
Everybody is a poor victim. I don't get it. It's obvious that in an industry like this one there will be 3 fraudsters or semi-fraudsters for every legitimate account. Matt has got to be very strict with the accounts he allows or he'll be out of business soon. Unfortunately some muscle will be be discarded along with the fat, but that's the nature of the business. If I were an advertiser I wouldn't invest one dollar without assurances for the validity of the clicks.
Don't be mad at Bodis, get angry at all those people trying to beat the parking pages (Bodis and others). If having a parking service is so easy, I invite you to create your own.
I haven't been cut yet, but if I receive the doomed email tomorrow, I'll understand it's because there are thousands of people with garbage domains gaming the Parking system.

•••
sopranoland said:
Everybody is a poor victim. I don't get it. It's obvious that in an industry like this one there will be 3 fraudsters or semi-fraudsters for every legitimate account. Matt has got to be very strict with the accounts he allows or he'll be out of business soon. Unfortunately some muscle will be be discarded along with the fat, but that's the nature of the business. If I were an advertiser I wouldn't invest one dollar without assurances for the validity of the clicks.
Don't be mad at Bodis, get angry at all those people trying to beat the parking pages (Bodis and others). If having a parking service is so easy, I invite you to create your own.
I haven't been cut yet, but if I receive the doomed email tomorrow, I'll understand it's because there are thousands of people with garbage domains gaming the Parking system.
Please .. tell us more !! :)

•••
sopranoland said:
How do you know ?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back