Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cfguru360 said:
Thank you, all! Especially to those that BELIEVE thus far! B-)

THANK YOU!! I'm a believer!!!

•••
Big Believer, Apprecaitive of what you did for me and cant wait for the new stuff.

Only suggestion I have would be the ability to preview websites as you customize them. I will shoot an Email to you about that.

•••
I can only jump on the "train" that Hark is riding on.
It's a considerable feat and accomplishment to start a parking service like this. It's like being a little goldfish in a huge pool of sharks. Granted, Matt has the enormous advantage to be a well established member of a board that accounts for tens of thousands of domainers. However, with his portfolio, he could have sat back, relaxed and continued to make a decent coin of his domains. Risking many months of his parking income and then some, is a validation that he believes in his project and i'm not opposed to handing over a few names to be part of the "test crew". Opposing to him, we all have the luxury of choice and Matt is one of the first to know that the glory he has today, can easily turn to doomsday reviews that he may be getting "tomorrow". It's thin ice that he's walking and without this knowledge, i'm sure he wouldn't even have started Bodis, as the constant frustration with many parking providers was one of his driving elements.
I'm relatively certain that he's working on a few elements that he hasn't even mentioned yet and that these elements will make the essential difference between Bodis and the rest.
Hark & Co, I'll be there for the ride...

IB

•••
Thank you, all! Especially to those that BELIEVE thus far!

Thank you for a 100% revenue share.

•••
Thanks to those who chipped in a few positive comments. Having been a software developer in one of my past lives I know well how it helps to get some positive feedback when in the middle of the 'shake down cruise'.

I just got the feeling that he could use a bit of encouragement + I firmly believe what I posted.

I can't wait to see if I am right as to what I think the V2.0 might be like.

IntelBank,
We have different views on some things but it appears we are on the same train here and we have a good engineer at the controls.

Last edited:
•••
I'm wondering if this is some kind of bug...

I had Pigtures (.com) parked at Sedo for almost two months. In August it had 4012 uniques - 29 clicks - 0.72% CTR - $1.20 revenue. I put it on Bodis and these are my stats for 9 days: 67659 uniques - 10 clicks - 0% CTR - $2.96 revenue.

At Bodis, the least amount of uniques (on Bodis it's called visitors) I've gotten IN ONE DAY is 5041! That's 1000 more in one day than the whole month at Sedo! Is my domain bot & spider heaven or something? WTH?! :-/

•••
sashas said:
My .co.in domains were getting 2 cents per click at Sedo.
But here, I'm getting 27 cents+

On the contrary, my PPC is very low compared to Sedo. A member here mentioned that he got $ 7 a click for a travel domain but I recvd only $ 6.50 for 10 clicks. I don't understand how this occurs. I have used the same keyword " Travel "

My forex names are going really low in terms of PPC i.e. 35 cents, but on Sedo 1.5-4 euros a click.

kwan said:
From what I see Google is taking 50% of the revenue which is I can understand because they provide the platform and sedo takes at least 70% of what's left because, well, they're sedo.

•••
hark said:
Second; Someone is now complaining about Matt drawing interest for 45 days. I think (ain't gonna look back through this monster thread) that for a new company funds are not paid to him for some period of time. Really I don't care if he collects some interest as after the first 45 days it will be monthly.

I wasn't complaining, I think it's brilliant actually. I would be doing exactly the same thing in his shoes.

Simon

Last edited:
•••
briman1970 said:
I put it on Bodis and these are my stats for 9 days: 67659 uniques - 10 clicks - 0% CTR - $2.96 revenue.

Did you use the Automatic or Custom landing pages ?

•••
Charley said:
On the contrary, my PPC is very low compared to Sedo. A member here mentioned that he got $ 7 a click for a travel domain but I recvd only $ 6.50 for 10 clicks. I don't understand how this occurs. I have used the same keyword " Travel "

There are several ads to click on, also it depends from which country did you received that click.

•••
hark said:
Thanks to those who chipped in a few positive comments. Having been a software developer in one of my past lives I know well how it helps to get some positive feedback when in the middle of the 'shake down cruise'.
Good one Hark, but I trust Matt is smart enough not to let the doubters get to him. I've been making a living on the internet for a few years now and I really envy what Matt has accomplished in such a short time. Bodis is a textbook example how to start an online business in a highly competitive market.

Just be glad not many people have the insight that Matt does, or the rest of us would be flipping burgers by now :rolleyes:

•••
Charley said:
Even for same domain, same keyword at same
parking company will give different PPC every time.
I think it depends on which ad your visitor clicked at.

Another possible reason...
Let's assume below for "Travel" keyword.
1 advertiser bid for $5/click - budget $500 meaning 100 clicks.
10 advertisers bid $1/click - budget $500 each meaning 5,000 clicks.

Again, assume bodis.com gotten all of the above bidded
ads from upstream providers such as Google or Ask.com

Google may pay $2.5/click to Bodis.com for the $5/click
ad until it reaches advertisers budget.
After that, $2.5/click will not show any more on your page.

Page on your domain will show $5/click ad and $1/click ads at the same time.
Your visitor may click $5/click or $1/click, you never know ;)
My forex names are going really low in terms of PPC i.e. 35 cents, but on Sedo 1.5-4 euros a click.
Every Domain/keyword PPC value is different at different parking company.

Parking Company A:
Vacation/Travel/Tour related domain - $1 average PPC
Stock/Trade related domain - $2 average PPC
Mortgage/Loan related domain - $5 average PPC

Parking Company B:
Vacation/Travel/Tour related domain - $2 average PPC
Stock/Trade related domain - $1 average PPC
Mortgage/Loan related domain - $.5 average PPC

Parking Company C:
Vacation/Travel/Tour related domain - $5 average PPC
Stock/Trade related domain - $.2 average PPC
Mortgage/Loan related domain - $1 average PPC

Each domain work differently at different parking companies.
You need to find best Parking Company for your domain.

But, in general, from my very short/small testing...
Bodis - Much better than Sedo
Parked - Much better than Sedo
Bodis against Parked? - not enough data to compare ;)

Bodis -
  • Still under beta (I consider beta :)) and improving fast.
  • Support - Fast
  • Statistics - Not much with few bugs, but, improving.
  • Payout - I am happy with stat, but, waiting to see actual payout ;)
Parked -
  • Fully functioning, mature and keep getting better.
  • Support - Fast
  • Statistics - Plenty and happy with it.
  • Payout - pay twice/month and on time every time except
    one time which delayed few days caused by paypal issue.
    But, paid 10% extra for few days of delay D-:

If everything goes well with Matt, Bodis will become one of
the major parking companies real fast especially after first
few actual payments are made to members.

•••
copper said:
Even for same domain, same keyword at same
parking company will give different PPC every time.
I think it depends on which ad your visitor clicked at.

Another possible reason.....

Nice post! Repped!

•••
I placed domains on Bodis 2 days ago. They should get over 1500 vists/day, but so far am not seeing any stats.
how long usually take stats to show on bodis?

•••
shoval said:
I placed domains on Bodis 2 days ago. They should get over 1500 vists/day, but so far am not seeing any stats.
how long usually take stats to show on bodis?

I saw mine within 24 hours.

•••
Sometimes take around a day to start seeing the stats.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Thanks for the backup from some people here. :)

Our ad providers are paying anywhere from NET 30 to NET 45. That is why our payouts will also be NET 45. We are not collecting interest.The URL Forwarding will come soon. It is a lot of work to have something like that fully functioning and secured. Maybe a few more days!

Who are your ad providers? Is Google one of them?

Thanks,

•••
mckingtom said:
Applied today and got accepted in less than 3 hours. Nice that bodis.com is such an inclusive service, allowing newbies like me to join in :)

The account interface is simple, the parking pages look neat and are easily customizable - thanks, Matt!
Hmm...applied 2 weeks ago, maybe my application got lost in the post =P.
Either that or Matt thinks the names I submitted are crap? :red:

•••
romm said:
Who are your ad providers? Is Google one of them?

Thanks,
not too sure bout google, but ask is one of them

•••
lzy said:
Sometimes take around a day to start seeing the stats.

It always takes a day. Right now they only upload stats once a day.

•••
Charley said:
Not all clicks are created equal. There seems to be that occasional click which stands out and then back to normal. I did get a $7.22 click but since then the clicks have been averaging a bit over 50 cents. I will also mention that the clicks for the same name at the other place were much less.

I do think there are some spider/bots getting through Bodis filters. As an example I offer the following:
I closed down a sort of blogish site which I was bored with + it had served its original purpose. It was generating only a buck or so a month. Average uniques was about 1900/month (over last 4 months). Since moving to Bodis it shows 1452 visits since August 2nd. At that rate it will get around 4000 visits which seems a bit high.

I am really not that concerned yet about click percentages -- what counts is the $$$. Traffic as well as $$$ was down yesterday but that is normal.

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday was good for one domain.
Little over $10 for 10 clicks :D

•••
My domains didn't do so hot over the weekend but no complaints --- still better than before with my old parking service plus I was working on many of them and some are new acquisitions and have to get going. Re the stats updates, once a day is fine with me. Bodis is head over heels better than the others, and I'm glad they are weeding out bad traffic because it made no sense to me that one of my domains that I bought from a reseller had ridiculously high traffic stats for what it was.

Andrea

•••
mine are doing lousy .. just not performing at all .. the FEW and I do mean few clicks have only happened on a default template .. so I am confused to say the least ..

Sad to say.. some may rave about it but ... I am not a huge fan of seeeedddooo at all, but for whatever reason.... it massively outperforms at the moment .. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

This is such a great initiative and one that domainers could surely happily park their names with and long term at that! .. for me its not working ... done some great bespoke templates .. nadda not a single click and beggar all traffic depite being indexed and having decent rankings

Just one example that I am watching ..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=tiny+tots+childrens+dvd+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

no3 outta 500k plus results thats fab for tinytots.tv but nothing click wise ..

Just a thought to perhaps consider .. these bespoke templates are great the best for any parking site for sure .. but would they benefit from just a simple underline on the keywords on the left hand side??? to encourage navigation ?? alternatively any chance of ads on the lander at all ???

- thoughts please

I have only moved over a few names so in fairness it is hard to appraise fully .. sticking with it for now ... but would like to see some of the action that others seem to be getting :(

Scooby

•••
I wanted to share one of my successful music domain name that was transferred from Name Drive to Bodis:

ND (combined stats FOR 4 MONTHS)
---
Uniques: 114
Clicks: 36
Comm: $2.46
Avg per Click: $0.03

Bodis (combined stats FOR 2 WEEKS)
-----
Uniques: 34
Clicks: 28
Comm: $12.71
Avg per Click: $0.37

I know this example may be unique, but holy &^%$!!

1000% increase in avg cost per click? Talk about breaking the barrier. Way to go Bodis! The REVOLUTION has indeed ARRIVED!!

:bingo:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back