Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It may be a domainer trend, but in the future, there will be a lot more domainers

•••
Doesn't really matter who is picking them up, whether it's domainers or the man on the moon, the fact is that the buyout is holding...

For What?? Read back through my post here, and you will see i said LLLL.com was only domainer trend and would die off, Boy did it! I can buy them today at reg fee in bulk. For the most part, It is still a Domainer trend, and will remain that way IMO

•••
It may be a domainer trend, but in the future, there will be a lot more domainers

Great point, And i made that point as well. So basically, Domainers will pass the LLLL.coms around until the water well runs dry. Whats the purpose??? I can't see any, They have bottomed out now, Game Over.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Doesn't really matter who is picking them up, whether it's domainers or the man on the moon, the fact is that the buyout is holding...

The buyout makes no difference if they can't bring healthy end user sales, I see them on Ebay being resold for reg fee every day.

So in essence, the seller on Ebay is actually loosing money from listing fees and ect.

Am i missing something here???

The bottom line is, I stood my ground in the forum, getting mauled by LLLL.com wanna be millionaires a year ago on this topic. And now the results are in, I was right.

•••
First of all I sell LLLL.com all the time to end users. However, you have to proactively go and find them like with any domain from short domains to keywords.

Any good LLLL.com still has value from CVCV, Quad, Pronounceable, etc.

The bottom of the market are what make up the buyout names, which is still holding. That means more people than not think the low end are worth more than reg fees.

I am not sure what you were "right" about, but I guess congratulations are in order.

Brad

The buyout makes no difference if they can't bring healthy end user sales, I see them on Ebay being resold for reg fee every day.

So in essence, the seller on Ebay is actually loosing money from listing fees and ect.

Am i missing something here???

The bottom line is, I stood my ground in the forum, getting mauled by LLLL.com wanna be millionaires a year ago on this topic. And now the results are in, I was right.

•••
First of all I sell LLLL.com all the time to end users. However, you have to proactively go and find them like with any domain from short domains to keywords.

Any good LLLL.com still has value from CVCV, Quad, Pronounceable, etc.

The bottom of the market are what make up the buyout names, which is still holding. That means more people than not think the low end are worth more than reg fees.

I am not sure what you were "right" about, but I guess congratulations are in order.

Brad

Thanks for the Congrats, Because i went at it in the forum with some people who said the bottom dollar price of ANY LLLL.com would be $100 at this time. I was just trying to save new domainers from vesting all their money into LLLL.com, Only to get no return.

If you sell to ANYTHING to end users ALL THE TIME, you are making a living domaining, Lemme see some of your sales??

•••
For What?? Read back through my post here, and you will see i said LLLL.com was only domainer trend and would die off, Boy did it! I can buy them today at reg fee in bulk. For the most part, It is still a Domainer trend, and will remain that way IMO
Well I guess the buyers spending $20-$30 per name on TDNAM everyday haven't heard your wise words yet !!

•••
Well I guess the buyers spending $20-$30 per name on TDNAM everyday haven't heard your wise words yet !!

They are Domainers that are purchasing the LLLL.coms at TDNAM LMAO, Exactly my point of all the LLLL hype that was going on a year ago.

•••
Well, if anyone thought that the worst of the worst would be at $100 that was totally irrational to start with.

I am not sure what you want here; how about a virtual pat on the back?

Brad

Thanks for the Congrats, Because i went at it in the forum with some people who said the bottom dollar price of ANY LLLL.com would be $100 at this time. I was just trying to save new domainers from vesting all their money into LLLL.com, Only to get no return.

If you sell to ANYTHING to end users ALL THE TIME, you are making a living domaining, Lemme see some of your sales??

•••
Well, there are end-users for many of the names.

I could even speculate that the desire for a short domain may stretch to the general population in the future (the way people want vanity license plates or phone numbers), giving an LLLL inherent value. Like I said, speculation.

Speculation in itself is not a bad thing, by the way. There are all kinds of items in the real world that have price tags way beyond their real end-user value. Diamonds, artworks, collectibles of all kinds, Madonna concert tickets. Tulips had their day, too.

I believe the LLLL names will make a comeback when domaining in general picks up again.

Maybe this is off-topic, but look at the excellent .net domains being dropped recently. They have obvious end-user value and yet are going cheap. The point is that this is a bad time to sell investments, especially speculative investments. But it's far from the end of the story.

If your prediction was that the buyout wouldn't hold, well you seem to be right. But that doesn't mean it won't kick in again. And I perfectly understand anyone's aversion to these kinds of names. They are irrational and risky as compared to nice keywords. But, they are undeniably fun.

•••
Well, if anyone thought that the worst of the worst would be at $100 that was totally irrational to start with.

I am not sure what you want here; how about a virtual pat on the back?

Brad

What i really want is, For you to show me your end user sales of LLLL.com , That you make all of the time.

I hand reged LLLL.coms 5 years ago, and i made a killing of them to Domainers, I figured, Oh well, they want em, I'll sell em. And i had some pretty nice ones. Still have around 60 LLLL.coms, I can always sell them to Domainers huh?? LOL

•••
What i really want is, For you to show me your end user sales of LLLL.com , That you make all of the time.

I hand reged LLLL.coms 5 years ago, and i made a killing of them to Domainers, I figured, Oh well, they want em, I'll sell em. And i had some pretty nice ones. Still have around 60 LLLL.coms, I can always sell them to Domainers huh?? LOL
I like users that use LOL, WTF, LMAO, and ROTFL in their domain discussions. Sometimes I feel like I am on MySpace talking about domains.

•••
I generally do not report sales publicly.

However since you are so interested I will give you one recent end user sale.

RRVR(dot)com to RRVR(dot)net

I contacted them, explained the benefits and closed the deal.

There are plenty more examples exactly like that. If you buy domains that have potential end users, then find those end users you can make nice sales.

Brad

•••
I generally do not report sales publicly.

However since you are so interested I will give you one recent end user sale.

RRVR(dot)com to RRVR(dot)net

I contacted them, explained the benefits and closed the deal.

There are plenty more examples exactly like that. If you buy domains that have potential end users, then find those end users you can make nice sales.

Brad

Looks like he developed the .NET but keeps the .COM pointed at Sedo and listed for sale. He should point the .COM to the .NET. Plus he's running private registration on the developed .NET and public on the .COM. Strange.

•••
Yeah, I don't know why they are not forwarding it at least.

The .NET already was developed. I got the .COM in a drop and parked it at SEDO. It is still parked there I guess since the nameservers have not changed.

I have noticed on many end user sales the buyer takes their sweet time to do anything with the domain.

Brad

Looks like he developed the .NET but keeps the .COM pointed at Sedo and listed for sale. He should point the .COM to the .NET. Strange.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like he developed the .NET but keeps the .COM pointed at Sedo and listed for sale. He should point the .COM to the .NET. Plus he's running private registration on the developed .NET and public on the .COM. Strange.

I noticed that myself Micro, Doesn't make sense at all.

•••
By the way the domain listed in your profile and listed as your homepage (Adzaz.com) does not resolve and is in RGP.

Updated Date: 24-aug-2009
Creation Date: 13-jul-2007
Expiration Date: 13-jul-2009

You might want to check that out.

Brad

I noticed that myself Micro, Doesn't make sense at all.

•••
At Namejet:

ASCD - $2,072 (wonder why it went so high...)
DATM - $223

•••
AMD has had a similar fate as LLLL.coms the past few years -- it was over $40/share in Feb 06 and was under $2/share in Nov 08. I'm still kicking myself for not buying some back then -- it's now trading around $4.50/share.

If I can buy a domain for X and sell it for X+Y tomorrow, then it's a good buy. If holding long term, Y needs to be greater than the sum of renewal fees. Not really anything else to say...

They are Domainers that are purchasing the LLLL.coms at TDNAM LMAO, Exactly my point of all the LLLL hype that was going on a year ago.

•••
ASCD is big-time trademarked by an educational supply company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The LLLL.com market is amazingly thin. A few thousand dollars added or removed from any segment and it moves noticeably. What that means is that
Domainace said:
can and, I believe, will create shockingly large price appreciation. The "game" has just begun.

•••
By the way the domain listed in your profile and listed as your homepage (Adzaz.com) does not resolve and is in RGP.

Updated Date: 24-aug-2009
Creation Date: 13-jul-2007
Expiration Date: 13-jul-2009

You might want to check that out.

Brad

I let that name drop. Had to dump some lesser value DN's because of the economy and renewal fee's for 1,263 DN's

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

AMD has had a similar fate as LLLL.coms the past few years -- it was over $40/share in Feb 06 and was under $2/share in Nov 08. I'm still kicking myself for not buying some back then -- it's now trading around $4.50/share.

If I can buy a domain for X and sell it for X+Y tomorrow, then it's a good buy. If holding long term, Y needs to be greater than the sum of renewal fees. Not really anything else to say...

I agree Reece, Quick flipping LLLL.com is a sensible thing to do, Easy money and painless

I still own 60 LLLL.coms, And i am not trying to be a hater, I am just trying to get the message across that, If you buy crap LLLL.coms and expect to tuck them away and make a lot of money, It's not gonna happen.

I think quite a few people have gotten torched by the down fall of LLLL.com, I remember crap LLLL.coms selling for as much as $250, Now they are worth reg fee.

some people come into the industry and start buying what ever most talked about and popular, The fund themselves out, Then get no return on their investment, A Domainer Bankruptcy so to speak. That is the only reason i came into this forum a year ago, and TRIED to warn some new domainers that LLLL.com low and mid quality names, Would not bring a return on their investment at the prices they were buying them for.

•••
When exactly were "crap" names selling for $250? I was buying quads around the peak for near there.

Domains that were ever selling for $250 on a steady basis are not worth anything close to Reg Fee now.

Even near the peak the worst of the worst LLLL.com were normally selling for about $45 - $65 on eBay. Yes many of those have little value now.

Brad

I think quite a few people have gotten torched by the down fall of LLLL.com, I remember crap LLLL.coms selling for as much as $250, Now they are worth reg fee.

•••
Sales are still quite strong with "quality" LLLL.coms......Only single and anti premiums have suffered major damage.... CVCV, and pronouncables are almost as strong as ever....

•••
When exactly were "crap" names selling for $250? I was buying quads around the peak for near there.

Domains that were ever selling for $250 on a steady basis are not worth anything close to Reg Fee now.

Even near the peak the worst of the worst LLLL.com were normally selling for about $45 - $65 on eBay. Yes many of those have little value now.

Brad

I said "As much as $250

I saw these sales via different domain auction sites. LLLL.coms were selling like candy bars at that time, And people who did not know better, were paying outrages prices for pure crap LLLL.coms.

I always say, Things are fine if nobody gets hurt, Some people got hurt during the LLLL.com boom, I guess they can take it as a lesson learned.

•••
Yeah, they are. The domains that are barely worth Reg Fee represent a small portion of the total LLLL.com market.

Brad

Sales are still quite strong with "quality" LLLL.coms......Only single and anti premiums have suffered major damage.... CVCV, and pronouncables are almost as strong as ever....

•••
Yeah, they are. The domains that are barely worth Reg Fee represent a small portion of the total LLLL.com market.

Brad

How is that???

The majority pf LLLL.coms are either low or mid, Premium quality is a minority in LLLL acronyms

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back