Dynadot

The LLLL.COM Buyout Status Has Investors Worried

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
I have to be the first to admit that the LLLL.com buyout is not holding up. Before you know it, LLLL.com hand regs will become an understatement of drop catching abilities around this forum.

I myself have passed on double & even triple premium drops. The vast majority of hand reg LLLL.com are triple awfuls, but still. The market needs to match the current domaining crisis at hand & skeptical investors need to wake up.

I hope that snap & all the other d/c's will catch on & only go after the backordered drops. If they keep going after other stuff, they will realize that their drops (domains without bids) become avail for hand reg later on.

Just need to keep your eye on the domains you want - they will become available again if no one bids on the major drop catcher auctions.

Just my 2 Cents.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Think of it this way -- if nobody backordered it and nobody caught it, then probably nobody wants it. The LLLL.com market's performance has nothing to do with the rest of the domain market -- it's something entirely different which has experienced losses far higher on the low end, right up to weaker quads.

As stated above, I would question why nobody else is buying it if it really was so "regworthy". The minimum wholesale on the very worst expiring LLLL.com is very near $0, so I wouldn't see the purpose of not being willing to pay $1 or less + renewal for it from a domainer and then jumping for joy when it drops and you can pick it up for regfee.

By the way, I mentioned this a week ago and Snoop's been saying similar statements for quite some time -- that the low end LLLL.coms have been struggling really isn't something new and their resale prices very much reflect that reality.

•••
By the way, I mentioned this a week ago and Snoop's been saying similar statements for quite some time -- that the low end LLLL.coms have been struggling really isn't something new and their resale prices very much reflect that reality.

I agree,it used to be that the quad premiums were holding their value strong while the weak ones lost their worth. Now I am noticing all premium letter LLLL.com aren't selling for what they would have before. I am all for drop catching LLLL.com's. It's just a shame that it impairs the value of all LLLL.com's. I hope the buyout holds up, just giving everyone a heads up.

I will need to check up on similar posts before posting a new one - my bad.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back