IT.COM

"The King is full of it"

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, thanks for setting me straight. That statement about Amazon was pretty lame.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
dotprofan said:
Very funny video. Anyone who calls themselves "The King" of anything opens themselves to this type of satire.

I seriously have no idea, and could care less to be honest ... but does he actually refer to himself, and call himself, "The King"? :| :red:
I'm curious now ...

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Sadly, yes.

He should buy castle.com or king.com at least :blink:

Jeff said:
I seriously have no idea, and could care less to be honest ... but does he actually refer to himself, and call himself, "The King"? :| :red:
I'm curious now ...

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Reece said:
Sadly, yes.

He should buy castle.com or king.com at least :blink:

Yeah, that is completely sad ... I think when I've heard passing reference to it in the past, I've thought it was someone or someones else calling him "The King" (versus he himself referring to it as that in that manner), IMHO. :red:

This makes me even further question the legitimacy of the HYPE "sale" of (still) undeveloped and (still) non-compliant Flowers.mobi (and at a Traffic show, no less)! :| :snaphappy:

Just my two sense. :imho:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff, you have to check this out: http://www.erealestate.com/ ;)

I knew he called himself the domain king, but I really didn't think he'd put it on his main site, crown and all :laugh:

Fitting that the domain king uses an aol email with the word king in it :!:

I've been wondering about the Flowers.mobi sale for awhile too... Good move on his behalf imho. With how much attention the sale got and how much he likes attention, I'd say he got his 200k worth.

Jeff said:
Yeah, that is completely sad ... I think when I've heard passing reference to it in the past, I've thought it was someone or someones else calling him "The King" (versus he himself referring to it as that in that manner), IMHO. :red:

This makes me even further question the legitimacy of the HYPE "sale" of (still) undeveloped and (still) non-compliant Flowers.mobi (and at a Traffic show, no less)! :| :snaphappy:

Just my two sense. :imho:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Reece said:
Fitting that the domain king uses an aol email with the word king in it :!:

I wonder WHY, there were many other domainers before him like the owner of Sex.com, Match.com [Gary]

•••
No clue.

Quoting Rick: "Of the six billion folks on the planet, NOBODY saw what I saw nor do they see it or understand it now."

I'm sure glad I don't attend his shows if that's the kind of BS he babbles on about :yell:

Domain King is a Registered Trademark? Says so at the bottom of his page :o

Charley said:
I wonder WHY, there were many other domainers before him like the owner of Sex.com, Match.com [Gary]

•••
Reece said:
Quoting Rick: "Of the six billion folks on the planet, NOBODY saw what I saw nor do they see it or understand it now."

I think this relates to his ego.

•••
DomainRaiders.com said:
So he's not a baller if he doesn't develop his uber premium, generic, category killer domains? I think this video is kind of uncalled for.
Hello Domain Raider,

- You are the very first person that I've heard say anything negative about that video. I'm not kidding. You are the only one.

- I'm not sure how showing 100% factual information, and showing how things are NOT what they are claimed and hyped to be -- could be considered "uncalled for". On the contrary, everybody I've heard from says it's exactly what was needed. I also want to point out, in case it's not obvious, this is not about his personal life, or his status as a decent human being. This is only about the stuff he does and says in the name of Domaining. I'm sure he's a swell guy, outside the domain world.

- With all due respect, you seem to have missed the point. This is not about being a "baller". It's about saying and claiming to do things - and not doing them. It's about somebody claiming to be the Godsend of the industry -- just feeding the public AND his own domainer colleagues nothing but complete lines of B.S. regarding the Adult industry, Cybersquatting, (etc.). How can anybody read this man's words, and walkaway with any other impression -- besides that of a used-car salesmen.

Anyway DomainRaider, I totally respect your opinion. :) So let me warn you ahead of time, if you didn't enjoy or appreciate Episode I, you REALLY aren't going to like Episode II. I suggest you not watch it.

For everyone else, here is the link to Episode II. "The King is DOWN."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuIRvFaMhls

Have a nice weekend. :)

•••
db, you're my hero :hearts:

I needed another episode to watch :)

And that stuff about Amazon... IMHO Amazon is one of the biggest success stories there is. I don't know how anyone is qualified to call them a failure.

-db- said:
For everyone else, here is the link to Episode II. "The King is DOWN."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuIRvFaMhls

Have a nice weekend. :)

•••
lzy said:
When was this video made? :o

Candy.com now redirects me to HersheyGifts.com
For the record -- The link on his site was edited AFTER the video came out.

I think it's safe to assume it was the result of the video being seen. :)

Perhaps Hershey's owes the angry domainer some chocolate love for their new traffic.

•••
Jeff said:
I'm curious now ...

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

http://erealestate.com/king.htm

•••
Nice move -db- . Really enjoyed the video.

And yes Domain King is TM'ed.

Anyway, floks will NEVER understand how SMART this RICK (King of Kings) is.

•••
Alex,

I have no doubt Rick is an intelligent person, on at least some levels, especially when it comes to monetizing parking page traffic. He's good at building traffic to conferences too, at $2,000 a head.

The man knows how to make money. Absolutely.

•••
-db- said:
Alex,

I have no doubt Rick is an intelligent person, on at least some levels, especially when it comes to monetizing parking page traffic. He's good at building traffic to conferences too, at $2,000 a head.

The man knows how to make money. Absolutely.

I don't doubt that, however his ego is too strong to fit such a small industry as domaining.

•••
•••
Rick has always caled himself the King. Personally i quite like him, colourful character. You can never have too many of them.

The video was hilarious though, nice one angrydomainer. I detected a hint of a Kiwi accent in that american accent? Am i right? Would account for the dry sense of humour.

:sold:

As far as him not owning realestate.com, he does own property.com though :sold: . An amazing domain.

At first i thought wow, he's really developed this out, but is really just a very fancy parking page really. It kind of makes sure a visitor never comes back, which is the opposite point of development imo.

Question is, who's the Queen? :sold:

•••
Alex said:
his ego is too strong to fit such a small industry as domaining.
Some might even say... his ego is too strong to fit such a small planet as Earth.

:)

arnie said:
It kind of makes sure a visitor never comes back, which is the opposite point of development imo.
YES, that's a reply I was hoping to see.

Returning visitors -- A wonderful word. Get to know it.

That's something parking pages simply cannot compete with.

•••
-db- said:
used-car salesmen.
actually, lol, that hits nail on head. Rick was a travelling salesman before he got into domains.

I pronounce 'the King is dead' :laugh:

Rick is 'Swiss Toni' ...........................

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r_E0ZF2uIKs :sold: :p :laugh:

•••
DomainRaiders.com said:
So he's not a baller if he doesn't develop his uber premium, generic, category killer domains? I think this video is kind of uncalled for. Raise your hand if you convinced the eccentric, elusive Germany.com owner to sign a lucrative development contract and get rid of that supid cat picture. Uh, I only see Rick raising his hand.

So just how many Ubers does this guy really have? We keep hearing the same names over and over, and disregarding dot Mobi, which I regard as being pretty much worthless, we keep coming back to the same half a dozen or so, and I am not convinced about all of those either!

•••
I wonder if kingofcocks.com is available...

•••
that's twice i've heard the term 'uber premium'

just to remind everyone i trademarked that a while back :sold: :hehe:

(not kidding) we went from super premiums, so i started saying 'uber premium' as a pisstake and people are using it rofl. ok, what's next?

:o :hehe:

btw, can we all agree to call Rick 'Swiss Toni' from now on? even to his face? ROFL

•••
Rubber Duck said:
So just how many Ubers does this guy really have? We keep hearing the same names over and over, and disregarding dot Mobi, which I regard as being pretty much worthless, we keep coming back to the same half a dozen or so, and I am not convinced about all of those either!

Duck, I hereby declare IDN's worthless.

Why? because i know zero about them, and i said so. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back