Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check out this updated review, especially the part how Rob Monster responded to the customer's question if his $237,000 will be returned in full.

Rob: "Nobody is promised tomorrow".

Show attachment 225609
That is nuts! "no one is promised tomorrow". Imagine being owed $240k and getting that response? I would totally lose it.

•••
Technically speaking:

Simple Queue
In a simple queue, insertion takes place at the rear and removal occurs at the front. It strictly follows the FIFO (First in First out) rule.

Priority Queue
A priority queue is a special type of queue in which each element is associated with a priority and is served according to its priority. If elements with the same priority occur, they are served according to their order in the queue.

Since some withdrawals are paid (initial paypal payments for example), but others are not. Trustpilot-reported large withdrawals with similar waiting time (6 figures: there are at least two) - one is paid, other (UK-based customer) is not. I'm wondering is Epik actually using priority queue type, and, if so, what are criteria for priorities? Location of customer /U.S. based customers do have easier access to U.S. legal system/? Mininizing public exposure risks? Anything else?

Last edited:
•••
That is nuts! "no one is promised tomorrow". Imagine being owed $240k and getting that response? I would totally lose it.
Could you imagine if your bank said this to you? Could you imagine if GoDaddy said this to you?
Could you imagine any respectable company saying this bullshit?

These are customer funds. Period.

It is not their slush fund to do with as they please and keep jerking people around.

Brad

•••
Technically speaking:

Simple Queue
In a simple queue, insertion takes place at the rear and removal occurs at the front. It strictly follows the FIFO (First in First out) rule.

Priority Queue
A priority queue is a special type of queue in which each element is associated with a priority and is served according to its priority. If elements with the same priority occur, they are served according to their order in the queue.

Since some withdrawals are paid (initial paypal payments for example), but others are not. Trustpilot-reported large withdrawals with similar waiting time (6 figures: there are at least two) - one is paid, other (UK-based customer) is not. I'm wondering is Epik actually using priority queue type, and, if so, what are criteria for priorities? Location of customer /U.S. based customers do have easier access to U.S. legal system/? Mininizing public exposure risks? Anything else?
yes, but I would also include, obviously, who is making most noise effectively and who has financial incentive and ability to sue. Most people won't sue over $2K but $200K they certainly will.

•••
Technically speaking:

Simple Queue

Priority Queue

It seems MasterBucks is using the "Mysterious Queue" especially when Rob says "Nobody is promised tomorrow" and they give no estimated time/update or anything, they keep customers guessing, which is not cool.

Last edited:
•••
Technically speaking:

Simple Queue

Priority Queue

Judging by the people who have received payouts, and those that still haven't it sure doesn't seem like the queue is paying out on a "first-come first-served" basis.

I have no idea on the actual order they are paying out.

Could it be paying out based on some type of priority queue? Sure.

I mean if you have potential exposure, you are likely going to prioritize those payments over other ones.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
New claims keep popping up, and some of these appear to date back much further than was initially reported.

epik_new.jpg

•••
New claims keep popping up, and some of these appear to date back much further than was initially reported
Since August? OMG. And Epik was celebrating #BeEpik @ Namescon Aug 31 – Sep 3, 2022 ??

•••
yes, but I would also include, obviously, who is making most noise effectively and who has financial incentive and ability to sue. Most people won't sue over $2K but $200K they certainly will.

Yes it probably is a case of "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" - the noisiest most public claims get paid, or the ones with legal and financial muscle, so making a noisy public fuss is probably anyone's best bet at this point. And for anyone who does not know, winning a court judgement does not guarantee payment, it may just lead to further legal action and costs to to try to force payment. But the bigger the public record of Epik not paying, the greater the difficulties for them to not pay - or to stay afloat longer term.

It's worth people looking at whatever small claims court proceedings your country may have - in the UK that is cheap for the layman to initiate, and low risk, and if the respondent does not respond, they automatically lose.

Surprised at the lack of media coverage, or attention from regulators.

There are three states where Epik.com says it does not offer escrow - but how do they check or verify? Even one customer living or transacting in one of those states could trigger regulator action. Remember what brought the whole mugshots.com extortion scheme down? California changed their laws to make mugshot sites explicitly illegal, then were able to take action against mugshots.com on behalf of California victims. Not sure what national, EU or USA regulations might apply here to what is effectively a financial service.

Does anyone remember that at one time Adam Dicker was pushing mugshot websites as a moneymaking opportunity? I wonder if Adam Dicker is a consultant to Epik?

Last edited:
•••
Yes it probably is a case of "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" - the noisiest most public claims get paid, or the ones with legal and financial muscle, so making a noisy public fuss is probably anyone's best bet at this point. And for anyone who does not know, winning a court judgement does not guarantee payment, it may just lead to further legal action and costs to to try to force payment. But the bigger the public record of Epik not paying, the greater the difficulties for them to not pay - or to stay afloat longer term.

It's worth people looking at whatever small claims court proceedings your country may have - in the UK that is cheap for the layman to initiate, and low risk, and if the respondent does not respond, they automatically lose.

Surprised at the lack of media coverage, or attention from regulators.

There are three states where Epik.com says it does not offer escrow - but how do they check or verify? Even one customer living or transacting in one of those states could trigger regulator action. Remember what brought the whole mugshots.com extortion scheme down? California changed their laws to make mugshot sites explicitly illegal, then were able to take action against mugshots.com on behalf of California victims. Not sure what national, EU or USA regulations might apply here to what is effectively a financial service.

Does anyone remember that at one time Adam Dicker was pushing mugshot websites as a moneymaking opportunity? I wonder if Adam Dicker is a consultant to Epik?
I would also recommend everyone to start posting on BBB https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint Those can't ever be removed and they actually follow-up.

The thing everyone needs to remember here is that Rob was recently given $16,000,000 so he has the money, unless he blew it all on crypto, which would be hilariously dumb, so he is just not paying for whatever reason. I would not be surprised if he is trying to stuff his pockets to fold up epik or even run.

•••

That is me. My life is a living hell at the moment. And if you can believe it, Brian Royce did a podcast for DNW due out Monday...

•••
That is me. My life is a living hell at the moment. And if you can believe it, Brian Royce did a podcast for DNW due out Monday...
I sure hope DNW will discuss the Masterbucks matter instead of just letting Royce advertise Epik services. I am really disappointed that none of the domain industry news sites seem really interested in this serious matter.

•••
The good news is, his back surgery went well apparently. Meaning he should be able to approve all payments now without excuses. Let's see what he has to say on DNW, because nothing surprises me with Epik anymore.

•••
Ugh, he will probably just pretend like everything is great. Not good people. I am not super well versed in what publications are important in the domain industry but if you all make up a little lists I will do what all I can to make them report this story and others regarding Epik.

•••
I sure hope DNW will discuss the Masterbucks matter instead of just letting Royce advertise Epik services. I am really disappointed that none of the domain industry news sites seem really interested in this serious matter.
I have nothing but respect for Andrew @ DNW. I listed him in my AMA as someone in the industry I have respect for.

With that said, I hope he actually asks the hard questions and addresses the multitude of complaints from pissed off customers because of their actions.

It needs to address the frozen funds, new TOS, new fees, lack of communication, among other things.

If not, that episode has real potential to be a shitshow for everyone involved if it just turns into an Epik promotional opportunity. I assume Andrew is probably aware of that.

Brad

•••
I have nothing but respect for Andrew @ DNW. I listed him in my AMA as someone in the industry I have respect for.

With that said, I hope he actually asks the hard questions and addresses the multitude of complaints from pissed off customers because of their actions.

It needs to address the frozen funds, new TOS, new fees, lack of communication, among other things.

If not, that episode has real potential to be a shitshow for everyone involved if it just turns into an Epik promotional opportunity. I assume Andrew is probably aware of that.

Brad
Imagine him not addressing anything about the frozen funds/issues going on, that may backfire for sure both for DNW and Epik. Brian should apologize for everything and explain all in detail now, it's his opportunity to try and make things right. And to give a deadline for all customers when they will be paid.

Last edited:
•••
Imagine him not addressing anything about the frozen funds/issues going on, that may backfire for sure both for DNW and Epik. Brian should apologize for everything and explain all in detail now, it's his opportunity to try and make things right. And to give a deadline for all customers when they will be paid.
If that happens, Andrew (DNW) is likely to take a credibility hit.

Any interview that does not address those core concerns is useless and counterproductive.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Your remark "USA sucks. It’s a shithole." didn't help the conversation.

Take some rest, I'd advise.

Good luck.
Lucky for him the US has recourse for issues as this. Can’t the same for all the world.

Last edited:
•••
If that happens, Andrew (DNW) is likely to take a credibility hit.

Any interview that does not address those core concerns is useless and counterproductive.

Brad
Everyone should go DM them on Twitter and give them links to this thread and others and trust pilot. Make them do the right thing.

•••
Everyone should go DM them on Twitter and give them links to this thread and others and trust pilot. Make them do the right thing.
Yes, as well as posting comments on the DNW blog post when the podcast is released.

Andrew is no rookie. He has been in the field a long time.
I assume he understands the gravity of this situation.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure they already know, the industry is relatively small. At least they should know, word of mouth spreads fast in the domaining community.

Last edited:
•••
And if you can believe it, Brian Royce did a podcast for DNW due out Monday...
Will he give classes "How to destroy a company"?

•••
•••
I was contacted by the BBB directly (the Chief Strategy Officer), and they've prioritized my case to head office. The investigation has already started. But, the more complaints, the better.

•••
making a noisy public fuss is probably anyone's best bet at this point.
Yeah, but this may also become a double-edged sword in the end of the day. At this time, Epik is at least trying to pay. Should something happen to them as a business (forced closure by relevant authorities for example) - the remaining payments may never occur (or, at least, the folks still in "queue" will receive <100% each).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back