NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can’t leave the country (up to 60 years old, those liable for military service cannot leave the country due to possible mobilization for war), but I will ask representatives of the Ukrainian and Armenian diaspora to find an office and consider what is happening there.

•••
I can’t leave the country (up to 60 years old, those liable for military service cannot leave the country due to possible mobilization for war), but I will ask representatives of the Ukrainian and Armenian diaspora to find an office and consider what is happening there.
Igor, so you are in Ukraine... Not paying a seller in potentially vulnerable circumstances (due to current situation) is the last thing one would expect from Epik (a Christian minded company, really?)

•••
For Ukraine, the amount that is stuck on Epik is quite significant ($55,441). I recently bought candy for the military. With this money, it would be possible to buy several small drones for our army, which is especially relevant given the mass mobilization launched by the opponents. If I don’t fight, then at least the drones would fight for me.

•••
RIght. But Dan, Sedo or any other intermediate isn't a bank. You almost have the same risks if USD is involved.

Being paid via internal token and being paid via fiat currency are not the same thing.
The risks are not the same.

Dan, SEDO, GoDaddy and virtually ever other company make direct payments in a timely manner.
They are not holding your money in an internal token.

In theory, I guess, they both have a risk of not being paid.

With internal tokens you have the additional risk of being at the whim of the company.
If something happens to the company your internal tokens could end up worthless.

That is not a risk with fiat currency.

Brad

Currency doesn't make much difference, in my opinion.

I think the question is why would Company A need to register Company B just for payments?
Why would a single one company not be enough for daily business operations and payment processing?

•••
For Ukraine, the amount that is stuck on Epik is quite significant ($55,441). I recently bought candy for the military. With this money, it would be possible to buy several small drones for our army, which is especially relevant given the mass mobilization launched by the opponents. If I don’t fight, then at least the drones would fight for me.
Igor, so you are in Ukraine... Not paying a seller in potentially vulnerable circumstances (due to current situation) is the last thing one would expect from Epik (a Christian minded company, really?)
Wow, that is messed up.

I didn't realize it involved such a large sum of money and that set of circumstances.

Brad

•••
My circumstances are not very difficult, I live in a village where enemy missiles rarely reach (killed one of our lives with a fragment), and our Kharkiv region is almost liberated by the offensive of our courageous troops, but the enemy wants to mobilize another million people, and now it is important to repel the possible enemy attack. Even a few small drones can help.

Last edited:
•••
At the same time, I wonder if the developers from Ukraine are still working for Epik.

1664135602228.png

•••
For Ukraine, the amount that is stuck on Epik is quite significant ($55,441).
Ouch! Maybe for Epik they really need to consider the potentially serious consequences of these delays. Thanks for sharing.

•••
Yet, there are still (30) representatives with Epik staff badges on NamePros. 30!

It sure seems like everyone disappeared.

The new CEO was announced 20+ days ago now. Since then, basically nothing has happened.

I am not aware of any statements, comments, or other real communication since that time frame.

It seems as more problems pop up, they have just gone radio silent.

Brad
Brad, you hate Rob and Epik and it is very evident on EVERY POST you make regarding their business.... You are always at the front cheering anything that looks like their downfall has come eventually. WHY do you do this?

Why are you always happy to see negative threads about Epik?

I am also affected by this new development and it happened because they are working to upgrade their systems and fixed anything that looks like a flaw or loophole. This explains why they requested that we redo our verifications, which I believe is by the instruction of the new CEO.

The only problem I have is the way Rob handles delicate issues like this which could affect Epik's brand and give people like you an avenue to feast on their weaknesses.

•••
I am also affected by this new development and it happened because they are working to upgrade their systems and fixed anything that looks like a flaw or loophole

If true, it would be great if they communicated that in detail on masterbucks.com, epik.com, twitter and here on NP, but there is radio silence. People want answers, not just a "Masterbucks is under maintenance."

•••
Brad, you hate Rob and Epik and it is very evident on EVERY POST you make regarding their business.... You are always at the front cheering anything that looks like their downfall has come eventually. WHY do you do this?

I am also affected by this new development and it happened because they are working to upgrade their systems and fixed anything that looks like a flaw or loophole. This explains why they requested that we redo our verifications, which I believe is by the instruction of the new CEO.

The only problem I have is the way Rob handles delicate issues like this which could affect Epik's brand and give people like you an avenue to feast on their weaknesses.
I don't think he hates Rob, but Brad points out what most people don't dare to say.

•••

I am equal opportunity when it comes to calling out BS. I have called out companies I support many times when I thought they were wrong, for instance GoDaddy and the Brent Oxley situation.

I am not one to take nonsense, no matter where it is coming from.

Rob, or anyone else @ Epik are more than welcome to come here and update the community on what is going on. So far they have simply chosen not to do that.

Since their big reveal of the new CEO 3+ weeks ago, it appears everyone is MIA.
As the problems seem to continue to mount, what is the community supposed to think?

As far as "hating" Rob and Epik, I gave them a second chance recently.
Needless to say, it went poorly.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ep...oved-from-account-without-permission.1282400/

You can't say I didn't give them a shot though. I did not find their customer service to be "legendary".

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Are you privy to information that others don't have access to?
I am not aware of public statements Epik has made regarding this issue.

Someone who actually represents Epik should explain what is going on. Don't you think?

I would say after the hack debacle from last year Epik should really be extremely responsive when it comes to communication and updates.

When you have such a complete security breach, hearing things now like a "flaw" or "loophole" could be even more concerning.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I am equal opportunity when it comes to calling out BS. I have called out companies I support many times when I thought they were wrong, for instance GoDaddy and the Brent Oxley situation.

I am not one to take nonsense, no matter where it is coming from
My impression here is that Brad is quite courageous, being willing to speak out about some very valid concerns raised by other NamePros forum members.
Asking for answers is not the same a cheering for a downfall. He has expressed a desire for Epik to provide better communication and fix the immediate problems. And he astutely points out that the contact information, such as the company's address, raise additional concerns.
Epik is an established company providing some very useful services. I'm sure many of us, including Brad, would be delighted to see that they resolve these issues quickly.

•••
My impression here is that Brad is quite courageous, being willing to speak out about some very valid concerns raised by other NamePros forum members.
Asking for answers is not the same a cheering for a downfall. He has expressed a desire for Epik to provide better communication and fix the immediate problems. And he astutely points out that the contact information, such as the company's address, raise additional concerns.
Epik is an established company providing some very useful services. I'm sure many of us, including Brad, would be delighted to see that they resolve these issues quickly.

I don't really plan on using Epik again after my recent issue with them, but I know many others still do.
For their sake, this is a concerning issue that I take interest in.

I know in the same situation I would be quite frustrated and concerned if I had money tied up in a tokenized system that was "under maintenance" for a significant period of time with no further updates or ETA when it will be accessible again.

Honestly, Epik's (lack of) response to this and other recent issues is kind of shocking.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I don't think that is fair. I would love for Epik to succeed, and I am pretty sure Brad feels the same way. If Epik didn't have all these problems over the years that don't seem to occur at other registrars, they would be a tie with Dynadot as my favorite registrar.

If Rob feels he is not treated fairly here, at least the company could provide an update at their own forum or official Twitter account. All we want are answers.

•••
If Rob feels he is not treated fairly here, at least the company could provide an update at their own forum or official Twitter account. All we want are answers.

Twitter, Epik.com, the domain forum they own. They have lots of options.

There is no legitimate reason to not provide an update at this point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I don't think that is fair. I would love for Epik to succeed, and I am pretty sure Brad feels the same way. If Epik didn't have all these problems over the years that don't seem to occur at other registrars, they would be a tie with Dynadot as my favorite registrar.

It is just something I have noticed about him on every complaint thread about Epik... The threads are all over the place for all to see as I have observed over the period of time that I have been here.

No system is perfect. I almost lost a sale some years ago because of Godaddy's glitch, it was Epik and @Rob Monster that saved that sale from collapsing because I was using Epik to handle the escrow.

The only thing I have a problem with Epik, in this case, is the lack of communication and I expect Rob to step in and do something about this. He should stop putting people in the dark about what is happening. This is unprofessional and insensitive.

Last edited:
•••
I think the question is why would Company A need to register Company B just for payments?
Why would a single one company not be enough for daily business operations and payment processing?
Compartmentalization of risks and operations does makes some sense. I don't think there is anything fishy there. And when one activity might be or become regulated or need licenses, it also makes sense. Imagine for example a regulator wants to run some checks, no need to have unregulated operations in the same entity:

Different operations can also be located in different jurisdictions.
Pretty much all companies of a certain size have many subsidiaries.
Totally normal stuff, IMHO.

•••
It seems no staff from Epik are staying in NP forum for a long time. And nobody deals with the matter of fund withdrawal in Epik.
They used to have dozens of shills here.

•••
I believe everything will have a happy ending but, I will never ever look Masterbucks the way I used to. This "Maintenance", Specially the "Ignorance." killed Epik's status on my side.
I used to feel like Masterbucks is my second wallet, BTC being the first. Noway!
I can not trust this system anymore. I'm on my way to DAN & NameSilo since my requirements are BTC-centered! & Yeah, DAN won't hold my payements and yeah, they will be - safe and accessible - anytime at BlockChain!

Last edited:
•••
Are you privy to information that others don't have access to?
I am not aware of public statements Epik has made regarding this issue.

Someone who actually represents Epik should explain what is going on. Don't you think?

I would say after the hack debacle from last year Epik should really be extremely responsive when it comes to communication and updates.

When you have such a complete security breach, hearing things now like a "flaw" or "loophole" could be even more concerning.

Brad
I am not privy to any info. What I am saying is that since the new CEO came on, there have been changes going on that haven't been done prior to before he joined Epik.

One of the first things I got an email for is to redo my verification. This has never happened before because we had done verification before.

You do not need a seer to tell you that due to a change in management, this is the idea of the new management considering the fact that the email came after the changes.

Epik should do the honorable thing and address its users. I hate the fact of this is happening. Lack of communication means you do not value your customers.

•••
Now I suddenly cannot update nameservers at Epik. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: They were updated now, so it worked, just slower than usual.

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone have a graph of the Masterbucks value? /sarcasm/

•••

Earlier this month I noticed some talk about epikfail part 4... to be released this fall.

Must have been on Reddit or Twitter, not sure. Not feeling very confident with them now issues are piling up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back