NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"It's been one of the biggest challenges and successes in my career so far to have saved Epik from financial collapse," said Royce. "I got to know so many amazing people who were gracious enough to stick and work with us."

This is very questionable.

•••
What an absolute circus. If any of you do business with Epik, Kingdom Ventures, Masterbucks, Rob Monster, or anyone else affiliated with this mess, you get what you deserve. You can't say you weren't warned! ;0

•••
No compliance with the ICANN identification requirements yet?

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••

Regards...jmcc
In epik 2.0 defense, ICANN feels day late, & dollar short.

It took them too long to be top of this epik breach alone

Notice, how quickly things “resolve” when icann involved

Last edited:
•••
In epik 2.0’defense, ICANN feels day late, & dollar short.
Well, I think technically this is Epik 3.0. In fact that is probably a better name going forward since we will almost certainly have another version in near future.

•••

Fraudulent Transfer Act​

Fraudulent transfer act refers to laws enacted by states that establish the rights of creditors against debtors where it appears the debtor fraudulently transferred property to avoid paying creditors. Almost every state has enacted the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act or the Universal Voidable Transfers Act which establish basic terms for when a creditor can bring a claim to recover fraudulently transferred property. Under these acts, a court will look to whether the debtor intended to defraud their creditors or whether the transactions were made without sufficient consideration. The standard case of fraudulent transfer involves a debtor gifting property or selling it at a fraction of its value to family members, friends, or to individuals trying to aid in the fraud. The fraud can occur before or after a creditor attempts to initiate claims for the debt, but if the transfer occurs after the debt proceedings occur, the transactions are looked at with even more skepticism by the court. The debtor may not even intend for the transaction to be fraudulent in the situation where they make a sale to someone, but creditors still can retrieve the assets if the court finds them to be constructively fraudulent due to their price.

More:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fraudulent_transfer_act
I imagine a finding of whether the Epik vendors have actually committed fraud could depend heavily on whether the sale to the LLC was indeed an arms-length transaction or not. In that sense, I'd guess they could find themselves in trouble if there are any related parties involved. But I wonder what has to happen for any of that to be investigated. Does someone have to sue the LLC, or what?... @jberryhill care to provide your opinion on any of this??

•••
Well, I think technically this is Epik 3.0. In fact that is probably a better name going forward since we will almost certainly have another version in near future.
I swear i was almost thinking the same thing!
”epik 2.0 or er 3.0” sounded better than “new” epik. Nothing feels ”new” about this epik : )

•••
I swear i was almost thinking the same thing!
”epik 2.0 or er 3.0” sounded better than “new” epik. Nothing feels ”new” about this epik : )
Yeah, I like epik 3.0.

•••
In epik 2.0 defense, ICANN feels day late, & dollar short.
ICANN always seems to be slow to move but so do glaciers. The clock is ticking on the breach notice and the breaches have to be cured by June 22nd. This could still go wrong for Epik.

Notice, how quickly things “resolve” when icann involved
There's a famous quote from "All The President's Men" about a sign on the desk of someone from the Nixon Whitehouse.

ICANN has the power of life or death over the continuation of Epik as an accredited registrar. For Epik, it doesn't get more serious than that.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Який абсолютний цирк. Якщо хтось із вас має справу з Epik, Kingdom Ventures, Masterbucks, Rob Monster або будь-ким іншим, хто пов’язаний із цим безладом, ви отримаєте те, на що заслуговуєте. Не можна сказати, що вас не попередили! ;0
These are zombie companies.

Last edited:
•••
Highly doubt Epik or Kingdom Ventures can get into compliance.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The company sale will probably be used by Epik to try to get more time from ICANN. The breach notice was quite specific on dates and what needed to be cured. Kingdom Ventures does not seem to be in the gTLD registrar business.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Rob Monster sent me a text and asked for my wire information and a deposit was made by wire to my bank account. It just says wire transfer deposit on my bank account.
Has he apologized in any way?

•••
The company sale will probably be used by Epik to try to get more time from ICANN. The breach notice was quite specific on dates and what needed to be cured. Kingdom Ventures does not seem to be in the gTLD registrar business.

Regards...jmcc
Kingdom Ventures is Rob Monster's company with his private equity interests. With Epik.com sold, Rob needs more millions.

•••
I sold the domain for $100,000 and I was charged a 9% commission, and received $91000. There were no additional %'s taken out.

That is good news. Now let's see if the 20 other people get paid.

•••
"New" Epik (allegedly) made public comments like this on NamePros.

Does this sound like a company that really cares for customers and should be trusted?

Also, in my DM this same account made a laundry list of excuses for Rob, like he is the real victim.

"As all of you have documented and somehow had the time to write up 299 pages about this rehashing the same thing 80 different ways"

"Rob Monster might have made a bunch of bad mistakes, but he worked tirelessly for the last 9 months behind the scenes to make this deal happen and Brian Royce worked nonstop around the clock trying to save Epik and both tried as hard as possible to help as many clients as possible."

"If you truly understood the mess behind the scenes what these two men pulled off is miraculous. And any of your speculation is worthless at this point also."

"The story isn't nearly as bad as many posts here make it seem."

Last edited:
•••
Kingdom Ventures (or Epik Holdings Inc) have never been an ICANN accredited registrar, only Epik Inc is (IANA ID 617). It will be interesting to see whether Rob Monster's new venture will also get a registrar. Kiwifarms will probably want to move with Rob?

Last edited:
•••
•••

Regards...jmcc
Are you aware of any registrar that ever has been transferred while under ICANN breach?
Especially one that would benefit only certain creditors.

"Old" Epik is under breach. "New" Epik is not mentioned anywhere in the breach notice.
I am not sure how ICANN is going to deal with that.

There are so many questionable aspects about this deal.

ICANN could end up looking very bad.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Kingdom Ventures is Rob Monster's company with his private equity interests. With Epik.com sold, Rob needs more millions.
The gTLD registrar market is quite consolidated. (Large players have multiple accreditations.). The hosting business is far more competitive and the attrition rates in the low end of the market are high. Many of the bigger registrars already have hosting operations. That $160 million valuation seemed to be wishful thinking.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Are you aware of any registrar that ever has been transferred while under ICANN breach?
Especially one that would benefit only certain creditors.
No.

"Old" Epik is under breach. "New" Epik is not mentioned anywhere in the breach notice.
I am not sure how ICANN is going to deal with that.
The breach notice is address to Epik Inc. Selling on the company may not necssarily apply to the contract with ICANN. If the breaches are not cured and the new company does not pass vetting then ICANN could still proceed with termination.

There are so many questionable aspects about this deal.
For a business as iffy as the domain name business, this one is definitely one of the stranger deals.

ICANN could end up looking very bad.
The last thing that ICANN wants is another RegisterFly or .ORG sale fiasco. That may be why the breach notice was so strongly worded.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Here are my predictions and plans.

1) They are going to sell off their domains in bulk transfer to some other registrar
2) They will sell off all products/services related to domains but may try to keep registrar active for handful of domains.
2) They are going to sell off all their services related to hosting but may keep a few servers running.
3) They are going to sell off whatever other garbage assets they have.
4) They are going to put Epik into some form of bankruptcy and try to wash away creditors.
5) They will try to make a go of some dumb fintech (masterbucks, llc), as is every fake wanna-be tech start-up loser's pipe dream.
6) Monster will continue with his brer rabbit schtick in order to obfuscate responsibility and try to hold onto the money that he's embezzled.
7) Brian Royce will continue to fake frustration in order to cover for Monster so he can get his payout with no regard for anyone or anything.
8) Some creditors (customers) will get paid back but not all. Probably just accomplices and insiders, as has been the case thus far.
Pretty solid list of predictions.

Brad

•••
If Jesus had taken the figures from Epik as companions, he would have had to travel without a donkey.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back