IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The gTLD registrar market is quite consolidated. (Large players have multiple accreditations.). The hosting business is far more competitive and the attrition rates in the low end of the market are high. Many of the bigger registrars already have hosting operations. That $160 million valuation seemed to be wishful thinking.

Regards...jmcc
Here the valuation is.

Why would the "retail value" of domains under management even be relevant?

2 billion.jpg

In honor of page 200 let's have some laughs.

This is the document Rob Monster has used to deceive investors in the past and continues to use as recently as a few months ago to pitch to more suckers, I mean investors. $160M valuation! 1.8M domains! $30M portfolio! LOL. Classic Monster.

*I redacted all PII from document.

Show attachment 231975
Show attachment 231976

Last edited:
•••
Just catching up on all this.

Flipping awesome that Kathleen got paid. I really didn’t think that was ever going to happen.

I see Epik have been working behind the scenes on their website. With the changes to the website I thought they had made good on their promise to be a registrar only, but no, the marketplace is still there - https://www.epik.com/buy/premium

Interesting that they’ve admitted that Rob is back at the helm, though the crap about Brian beggars belief.

And why on earth would Rob want to keep MB??????? It has huge debts and does nothing. I am lost on that one.

•••
If you think $160 million is wishful thinking...

Why would the "retail value" of domains under management even be relevant?

Show attachment 239830
Makes a middle market company seem like a major player like Godaddy or Newfold Digital. The DUMs figure doesn't seem quite right either. The figures would look impressive to people who didn't understand the business.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Makes a middle market company seem like a major player like Godaddy or Newfold Digital. The DUMs figure doesn't seem quite right either. The figures would look impressive to people who didn't understand the business.

Regards...jmcc
Yeah, that number has no relevance to anything.

GoDaddy has a market cap of around $12B.

Imagine how much the "retail value" of their domains under management would be.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
It took 320 pages for epik to fix renewals.
But will they fix the loss of customer trust.

i wonder how long renewals will keep working. Try it out, it’s instant. It’s time to use your remaining epik credit (if you have any) on your best renewals! And .com renewals going up in Sept., too.

Last edited:
•••
It took 320 pages for epik to fix renewals.
But will they fix the loss of customer trust.
After spending months ignoring customers, I don't think reinventing reality and being a douchebag to victims is good start.

Brad

•••
After spending months ignoring customers, I don't think reinventing reality and being a douchebag to victims is good start.

Brad
Zero transparency. Is epik FAQ & Blog offline symbolic?
I repeated the joke. Have mercy on me, everyone.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
epik 3.0.

Epik 1.0 was Monster's version
Epik 2.0 was Royce's version
Epik 3.0 is ?'s version.

Also, Christopher Valenzuela sounds like a very made up name. I don't think these people get the internet. Bunch of 60 year old corp lawyers are like, they will figure out who we are. Some teens on chans are like

1686273812938.png

Last edited:
•••
How many arm's length transactions require this level of secrecy? :ROFL:

Brad
Oh I agree that's what makes this whole story screwy. That's why I said they should want to shout from the mountain top. This is PR 101 I mean a freshman in college for public relations knows we need to get off to a good, transparent start.

•••
i’ve never heard of a Registrar with anonymous owner…

Last edited:
•••
f it's just a way of moving assets (and leaving debts behind) while the ownership remains largely the same, then it's wrong, plain and simple. But if it's an unrelated buyer who has come in, then they are fully within their rights to cherry-pick what they want and what they don't. Again - if not for them, NO-ONE would get paid. But I also hasten to add that we don't have enough info to know what really is going on. Even if RM is running it for them, it may just be that they have hired him as the former CEO who therefore comes with a lot of experience. Experience they well may not have. But we just don't know...
Spot on that's the $1m question that once answered would at least make things clear. It would not be any less terrible for those owed from Masterbucks and they still need a mechanism to find a solution with regards to old Epik.

•••
Oh I agree that's what makes this whole story screwy. That's why I said they should want to shout from the mountain top. This is PR 101 I mean a freshman in college for public relations knows we need to get off to a good, transparent start.
"New" Epik is like "old" Epik, only with with a new logo that looks like they paid someone on Fiverr to design. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, the burden is on Epik (old and new) to explain how a deal that benefits certain creditors while screwing others, especially customers, is compatible with this language -

5.5 Termination of Agreement by ICANN. This Agreement may be terminated before its expiration by ICANN in any of the following circumstances:
5.5.8 (i) Registrar makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar act;

We can only continue operations if we are allowed to screw those customers over, does not seem like a real compelling pitch.

Brad
You bring up a good point Brad and maybe, just maybe this was an oversight on the dealmaker's part. Maybe they were looking how do we do an APA? Ok we got all the t's crossed and i's dotted. But forgot ICANN could make this all for nothing, because with no accreditation what did they actually buy?

•••
You bring up a good point Brad and maybe, just maybe this was an oversight on the dealmaker's part. Maybe they were looking how do we do an APA? Ok we got all the t's crossed and i's dotted. But forgot ICANN could make this all for nothing, because with no accreditation what did they actually buy?

The APA in the exhibit has multiple errors, like listing the same domain twice, two separate times.

I am not really sure how much attention to detail there was, never mind with ICANN compliance.

Brad

•••
The deal is that Rob Monster is the most pathetically bad pathological liar and con-man I have ever seen.

If you take US dollars from person A in an escrow transaction, that money goes into an FDIC-insured US dollar bank account used ONLY for that purpose. It doesn't go anywhere, it doesn't get dipped into for operating funds, and it certainly doesn't go into a crypto wallet.

To give you some idea of the compliance requirements that apply to me when I hold a settlement, retainer or other funds which belong to a client, have a look at this:

https://www.paiolta.org/attorney-compliance/rules-regulations/

Rob Monster using "Swiss bank" analogies and saying "an escrow without a registrar is like a bank without a vault" advertised his phony-baloney escrow service. On the basis of his representations, people reasonably believed that their US dollar denominated funds would be held as such.

Whether he made shitty investments or got conned into taking lousy crypto has nothing, NOTHING to do with the US dollar funds he stole from his clients under the false pretense of providing escrow services.

It simply DOES NOT MATTER if some other customers paid for services with shitcoins or Canadian Tire Money. Those transactions would not affect the balance of an actual bank account holding US dollar funds of others in escrow by one god-damned penny.

It is ridiculous that this lying crook thinks he can explain away his absolute dishonesty, false advertising and theft of US dollar "escrow" funds with lame bullshit like that.

If the person behind that "Epik" account actually is a part of the "new Epik" then it is clear that the lying has not stopped. Only the hopelessly gullible like Samer here are naive enough to fall for that bullshit.
Thanks John, can you say what would Kathleen's recourse be if this was a real buyer not affiliated with Epik and they did not take on the Masterbucks debt. Does she go after old Epik like Adkisson did?

•••
Guess what everyone! It is a great day! I got paid in full minutes ago for my $91000 escrow transaction for Candida.com. It has been a long journey to say the least. I want to deeply thank every single person that reached out to me and supported me during this incredibly difficult period in my life.
Oh that's great Kathleen, Happy for you and thanks to @bmugford for never letting up on the pressure. All the best Kathleen.

•••
Oh that's great Kathleen, Happy for you and thanks to @bmugford for never letting up on the pressure. All the best Kathleen.
Kathleen also did a great job herself in creating the YouTube video, telling her story on DNW, and actually getting the document in hand from Brian Royce.

It is sad that a straightforward escrow transaction had to come to this.

Now Rob Monster and Brian Royce want credit for "saving" Epik, from problems that they created. It is laughable.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The APA in the exhibit has multiple errors, like listing the same domain twice, two separate times.

I am not really sure how much attention to detail there was, never mind with ICANN compliance.

Brad
Yeah there are always errors on those things if it was not the final agreement. I meant they were probably talking about all that stuff and forgot ICANN.

•••
Notice the domain in the email address used by Rob <[email protected]> was registered on February 8th, 2023 at PorkBun 🐷
No doubt Rob chose Porkbun because of their good score in the annual NamePros favorite registrar poll.

The other domain --KingdomVentures.com-- is still registered with Epik Inc. Mail for this domain is handled by a server in the Terrahost network.

•••
No doubt Rob chose Porkbun because of their good score in the annual NamePros favorite registrar poll.
I just assumed that Rob probably tried to register the domain with Epik and they just took his money and never registered the domain, like with the normal customers. Then decided to go with a registrar that actually works.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Kathleen also did a great job herself in creating the YouTube video, telling her story on DNW, and actually getting the document in hand from Brian Royce.

It is sad that a straightforward escrow transaction had to come to this.

Now Rob Monster and Brian Royce want credit for "saving" Epik, from problems that they created. It is laughable.

Brad
There are better people that will escrow domain names e.g. Ari Goldberger at ESQwire. Their team doesn't tweet bullshit.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back