Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a lot less now then it was at start for one simple reason, Monster tricked a couple creditors into paying off all his bills and taking massive haircuts on their loans. Sadly the debt settlement agreements mentioned in 2.a.2 and 3 are not included in filing but hopefully they can still go after Monster personally for the rest.
The funny thing is Rob Monster actually alludes to going after the people he feels responsible for this.

Rob8.jpg

"If Brian was installed by JJE"....

How did the CEO, Chairman, and majority shareholder (apparently) lose control of the company?
None of this still makes any sense.

Meanwhile, you have Epik's Twitter threatening to sue Rob.

EpikTwitter.jpg

•••
I think you know the answer pretty well.

Also, you should not have promoted this forever thing in the past.

so this is interesting... I would believe the domain owners would have the claim against Epik... however certainly not against whomever purchases it.

It would be up to ICAN and whomever takes it over and conditions....

From the financial standpoint, you can make the claim... however I am not sure there will be anything left over.

•••
so this is interesting... I would believe the domain owners would have the claim against Epik... however certainly not against whomever purchases it.

From the financial standpoint, you can make the claim... however I am not sure there will be anything left over.
This part of Epik's "Forever Registration Agreement" is interesting. Of course, it's no longer present on the current Epik.com website, but an archived version is still available.

"The User acknowledges that Epik may cancel the Forever Registration at any time for any reason, provided that Epik notifies the user via email and provided that the User receives a full refund of the price originally paid for the Forever Registration. Such cancellation shall release Epik from the obligation to renew the Forever Domain in the future and from any responsibility to pay or reimburse the User for future renewals or other costs."

Archived version:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210613173940/https://www.epik.com/forever.php

•••
The Monster has been loosed from the pit and his chains removed and he has 9 months of rage built up to let lose on those that have dared to defame his good name. Royce has taken his spoils and slunk back into his cave.

The Age of Grace has come to an end. The victims have been raptured and delivered from their tormentors. Now begins the age of judgement. (BTW - the Bible (Gospel) is and has always been ALL grace)

Never run an op if you have to hurt innocent people. If you're not smart enough to run it without collateral damage you don't run it. Looking at you Brian Royce. You should be ashamed of yourself but I know you are not able to so just don't do it again in my world.

Anyway. I for one am looking forward to phase 2.

Screenshot from 2023-06-02 18-36-26.png

•••
Regarding the Epik "in-store Credits" referenced in the Asset Purchase Agreement I'm pretty sure this is what that is referring to, which is found in your Epik account, which is no longer owned by Rob Monster or run by Brian Royce. Remember new guys didn't buy masterbucks, I guess they didn't want it for some weird reason.

Also, where is my 10 USDC?

Screenshot from 2023-06-02 18-53-11.png

•••
Never run an op if you have to hurt innocent people. If you're not smart enough to run it without collateral damage you don't run it. Looking at you Brian Royce. You should be ashamed of yourself but I know you are not able to so just don't do it again in my world.
There is a good reason so many of the richest people are sociopaths. They are simply willing to do what most ordinary people would not.

It's a lot easier to make money when you are not bound my morals, ethics, and pesky feelings like guilt or shame.

Brad

•••
Regarding the Epik "in-store Credits" referenced in the Asset Purchase Agreement I'm pretty sure this is what that is referring to, which is found in your Epik account, which is no longer owned by Rob Monster or run by Brian Royce. Remember new guys didn't buy masterbucks, I guess they didn't want it for some weird reason.

Also, where is my 10 USDC?

Show attachment 239069
You are probably going to have to go through a torturous "KYC" process to get that $10 back.

Brad

•••
You are probably going to have to go through a torturous "KYC" process to get that $10 back.

Brad
I'll settle for a pound of Monster flesh.

•••
There is a good reason so many of the richest people are sociopaths. They are simply willing to do what most ordinary people would not.

It's a lot easier to make money when you are not bound my morals, ethics, and pesky feelings like guilt or shame.

Brad
That is very true.

•••

This "forever" domain bullshit was called out by myself and others -

https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-promotion.1242873/#post-8308113

"The bottom line is you are paying for a promise from Epik to renew the domain, regardless of price, in perpetuity with no actual guarantees."

It is all out in the open:

Overview: https://www.epik.com/forever
Fine Print: https://www.epik.com/forever.php

For anyone planning to keep domains anyway, it is an easy decision. There is discussion to add the DNProtect.com warranty feature with $10,000 of loss protection as well. Great product, by the way.

Your friends at Godaddy added BIN landers in 2021. Maybe they will introduce Forever domains in 2035. Who knows. You could wait.
What would happen if Epik went out of business then there is no forever?
or sold...are they going to transfer these liabilities to a new company?

When you actually drill down into any reasonable analysis the idea doesn't make that much sense. This is probably why other companies don't offer it.

You are paying $399 for a promise.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is Epik LLC.

We'd like to provide an update from today:

1. JJE, TVT, and Adkisson were all paid today and released lawsuits. The sale of Epik Holdings Inc to Epik LLC was able to close.
2. ICANN was paid in full today.
3. Identity Digital was paid in full today.
4. Verisign was paid in full today, but it is not showing as cleared on their end yet. Should be by mid day Monday. Should have no problems with .com's getting registered and renewed Monday by mid day. All other endings are not in default and are able to be registered and renewed, but will be paid in full by end of day Monday regardless. These include Godaddy, Central Nic, Pir Org, and too many other vendors to list.
5. All aftermarket options were removed from epik.com today. As all of you have documented and somehow had the time to write up 299 pages about this rehashing the same thing 80 different ways, we need to focus on domains getting registered, renewed, and maintained. Support requests answered. And building the trust back of the core functions of a registrar: maintaining your trusted assets.

As all of you know, there's a big hole here to dig out of. We have shifted 10 customer support reps to support Epik.com customers starting Monday. We provide backend domain registrar services currently and can flex to as many people as needed to provide better customer service than any other option out there. It will take us some time though to learn Epik.coms software and quirks and obvious business operational problems that aren't normal. Our goal by the end of the week is to have 95% of phone calls answered live. 5% going to voicemail with a call returned in 2 hours or less. All support emails answered within 2 hours.

Our goals for Monday are to re-interview any old Epik Holdings Inc employees that would like to be rehired and that want to help us take care of the clients. Work our way through a long list of vendors and clients and start picking away at making things right. And we will not be accepting crypto as there was obviously massive operational and accounting problems in the current tech stack to properly account for it.

Once we can have domains safe and working well for our clients, we will start working through the in store credits. There's a lot there to work through. We'd appreciate your patience as we try to work through this.

There's a long history here and some weird stuff. Ok, maybe crazy stuff. Businesses make bad decisions all day every day: Montgomery Wards, Sears, JC Penneys, Toys R Us. You can watch hilco auctions to see businesses failing every day. Rob Monster might have made a bunch of bad mistakes, but he worked tirelessly for the last 9 months behind the scenes to make this deal happen and Brian Royce worked nonstop around the clock trying to save Epik and both tried as hard as possible to help as many clients as possible. There were so many problems we can't even begin to organize them into a cohesive postmortem to even attempt at speculating what caused it all. If you truly understood the mess behind the scenes what these two men pulled off is miraculous. And any of your speculation is worthless at this point also. What's important is moving forward and taking care of as many people as possible and trying to make things right for as many people as possible. We're no where close yet, but we're at least in a structure and position to try. There's a long ways to go and we recognize people have been financially hurt. We've very sorry for this, but if you'll give us time as the new Epik.com owners, we're going to try our best to help as many people as possible and right the ship. But it won't be overnight and words don't mean anything, actions will though, but it won't be fixed overnight.

Nothing we can say will fix what happened in the past prior to us, but we hope all of you will give us a shot to earn your trust. A lot of you are rightfully worried about customers not getting screwed. We care about that as well. It will be easier for us to make more people whole if there isn't an exodus of customer moving domains. Amazingly, if you look at the dumpster fire of the last 12 months and all the domains that have left. Epik still has an amazing following that believe in it and what it stands for. Epik still loses half as many domains as a percentage that Namesilo and Namecheap lose and is on par with Godaddy. There's still a very loyal following. And if the money had been there to keep domains renewing, Epik would have had a lot less get transferred out. And as a percentage done way better than Godaddy. We feel pretty confident we'll be back over 800,000 domains under management by the end of the year. We're here because the industry doesn't provide a great solution and we've tried them all and aren't satisfied with what is out there.

It might take awhile to earn your trust back, but we will keep trying, and will update this post next week as we progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We're here to help.

Epik LLC

•••
This is Epik LLC.

1. JJE, TVT, and Adkisson were all paid today and released lawsuits. The sale of Epik Holdings Inc to Epik LLC was able to close.
4. Verisign was paid in full today, but it is not showing as cleared on their end yet. Should be by mid day Monday. Should have no problems with .com's getting registered and renewed Monday by mid day. All other endings are not in default and are able to be registered and renewed, but will be paid in full by end of day Monday regardless. These include Godaddy, Central Nic, Pir Org, and too many other vendors to list.
5. All aftermarket options were removed from epik.com today. As all of you have documented and somehow had the time to write up 299 pages about this rehashing the same thing 80 different ways, we need to focus on domains getting registered, renewed, and maintained. Support requests answered. And building the trust back of the core functions of a registrar: maintaining your trusted assets.

As all of you know, there's a big hole here to dig out of. We have shifted 10 customer support reps to support Epik.com customers starting Monday. We provide backend domain registrar services currently and can flex to as many people as needed to provide better customer service than any other option out there. It will take us some time though to learn Epik.coms software and quirks and obvious business operational problems that aren't normal. Our goal by the end of the week is to have 95% of phone calls answered live. 5% going to voicemail with a call returned in 2 hours or less. All support emails answered within 2 hours.

Our goals for Monday are to re-interview any old Epik Holdings Inc employees that would like to be rehired and that want to help us take care of the clients. Work our way through a long list of vendors and clients and start picking away at making things right. And we will not be accepting crypto as there was obviously massive operational and accounting problems in the current tech stack to properly account for it.

Once we can have domains safe and working well for our clients, we will start working through the in store credits. There's a lot there to work through. We'd appreciate your patience as we try to work through this.

There's a long history here and some weird stuff. Ok, maybe crazy stuff. Businesses make bad decisions all day every day: Montgomery Wards, Sears, JC Penneys, Toys R Us. You can watch hilco auctions to see businesses failing every day. Rob Monster might have made a bunch of bad mistakes, but he worked tirelessly for the last 9 months behind the scenes to make this deal happen and Brian Royce worked nonstop around the clock trying to save Epik and both tried as hard as possible to help as many clients as possible. There were so many problems we can't even begin to organize them into a cohesive postmortem to even attempt at speculating what caused it all. If you truly understood the mess behind the scenes what these two men pulled off is miraculous. And any of your speculation is worthless at this point also. What's important is moving forward and taking care of as many people as possible and trying to make things right for as many people as possible. We're no where close yet, but we're at least in a structure and position to try. There's a long ways to go and we recognize people have been financially hurt. We've very sorry for this, but if you'll give us time as the new Epik.com owners, we're going to try our best to help as many people as possible and right the ship. But it won't be overnight and words don't mean anything, actions will though, but it won't be fixed overnight.

Nothing we can say will fix what happened in the past prior to us, but we hope all of you will give us a shot to earn your trust. A lot of you are rightfully worried about customers not getting screwed. We care about that as well. It will be easier for us to make more people whole if there isn't an exodus of customer moving domains. Amazingly, if you look at the dumpster fire of the last 12 months and all the domains that have left. Epik still has an amazing following that believe in it and what it stands for. Epik still loses half as many domains as a percentage that Namesilo and Namecheap lose and is on par with Godaddy. There's still a very loyal following. And if the money had been there to keep domains renewing, Epik would have had a lot less get transferred out. And as a percentage done way better than Godaddy. We feel pretty confident we'll be back over 800,000 domains under management by the end of the year. We're here because the industry doesn't provide a great solution and we've tried them all and aren't satisfied with what is out there.

It might take awhile to earn your trust back, but we will keep trying, and will update this post next week as we progress.

Epik LLC
How do we know you're from Epik LLC. Would you be happy to have a call or meeting?

Last edited:
•••
We have to focus on getting the registrar working.

•••
Will post a new status update next week. Thank you.

•••
•••
This is Epik LLC.

Epik LLC

Well, I for one hate the new guys. What a a dumb, condescending, arrogant and heartless intro.

As all of you have documented and somehow had the time to write up 299 pages about this rehashing the same thing 80 different ways,

In those 299 pages maybe you or that lying moron Brian Royce could have given an update and let customers know when they will get paid.

Also, no real mention of when victims of that lying moron Royce will be repaid. THAT IS ALL YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID. NOW I HATE YOU, TOO.

Hey, new guy, who the frick are you anyway?

Oh, yeah, and I want my 10 USDC back!

Last edited:
•••
oh great... now we will have 300 more pages try uncover who is mystery superhero new member going by epik llc.

•••
"Meet the new boss - same as the old boss" :(

•••
I rarely post "dislikes", but in this case I did. To begin with, "Epik LLC" selected wrong thread for the introduction.

•••
We have to focus on getting the registrar working.
We don't know if you are from Epik. Also, if you were focused on getting the registrar working, you could have emailed Rob Monster to give an update.

Brian was not working tirelessly for Epik. He was posting ridiculous tweets, and being an imbecile.

Also, if the industry doesn't have a good solution, I'd like to understand how Epik's escrow solution was good.

Last edited:
•••
I rarely post "dislikes", but in this case I did. To begin with, "Epik LLC" selected wrong thread for the introduction.
It wasn't an introduction. It was a post celebrating Epik, Rob and Brian when there's nothing to celebrate.

Last edited:
•••
This is Epik LLC.

Epik LLC
First of all who is "We"? Some "elusive" buyer.

Epik has created a trail of victims for the last year and has been nowhere to be seen as customers deal with the fallout.

Taking "escrow" payments and using the funds for something else is not a "bad decision", it is corporate abuse.

Whether this really is "Epik" or not...

Unless you are planning to pay back all the victims, F off.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Was expecting a signature of some sort at the end of that post.

Last edited:
•••
First of all who is "We"? Some unknown buyer.

Epik has created a trail of victims for the last year and has been nowhere to be seen as customers deal with the fallout.

Taking "escrow" payments and using the funds for something else is not a "bad decision", it is corporate abuse.

Whether this really is "Epik" or not...

Unless you are planning to pay back all the victims, F off.

Brad
It is new guys, they are posting on Twitter from beepik account. They're just serious idiots. Either he is lazy and dumb and didn't bother to look at what Royce has been doing or doesn't see a problem with it. Or it is Royce.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back