Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

NameSilo
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't actually hold it against companies.

The address there is a registered agent. They, like those virtual office companies, act as the registered agent for companies wishing to remain anonomous or wanting to do business out of state. Wyoming is very much business friendly, but you need to be in WY. So... you hire a registered agent who acts as your agent for getting served.

In that address there are likely thousands of companies formed there. This has nothing to do with the actual companies themselves.
Oh I agree I was just posting it so people understand there is stuff out there if they do a search.

Nat Smith was the signer according to https://wyobiz.wyo.gov/Business/Fil...073164009016008228020013153150008142126069248

https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just a suggestion here - try treating customers with respect.
Yeah that line stood out to me, that speculation was worthless.

•••
I am not saying I know any better than you, but it did not feel like Rob to me, maybe the new owner knows him and wanted to give him some kind of credit, I don't know. But it did not feel like Rob to me, but I might be wrong, who knows this thread one singular thread, is a movie waiting to be made.
As all of you have documented and somehow had the time to write up 299 pages about this rehashing the same thing 80 different ways,
It's comments like the above.

Rob Monster has said almost identical things in various Epik threads in the past.

Brad

•••
•••

Rob Monster has said almost identical things in various Epik threads in the past.

Brad
Oh I see what you mean. Thank you.

•••

Brad
Do you think Rob's wife might be the new owner?

•••
Do you think Rob's wife might be the new owner?
I have no idea who the new owner is, but I would certainly not put any trust in a week old LLC in Wyoming that is controlled by who knows, using the same brand as the company that scammed so many people.

I would trust them even less after their apparent introductory post in this thread.

I would like to know if any Epik (Washington) shareholders have shares in the new Wyoming company.

Also, were any of these shares converted from shares in Epik (Washington) to shares in Epik (Wyoming).

My concern is some insider or insiders are now operating "new" Epik while keeping much of the debt with old Epik, and leaving the customers holding the bag like with Masterbucks balances.

Also, what about @Kathleen Kalaf who was scammed by Epik's "escrow" services. Are you planning on paying her back, and soon?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hey @Rob Monster.

1.) What do you mean by "If Brian Royce was installed by JJE"?

You were the CEO, Chairman, and majority shareholder.

How could someone be "installed" without your approval?

2.) Do you care to explain what a "badly executed hijack operation" means?

3.) What about the Matthew Adkisson escrow transaction. Why was the money not able to be returned for a year? That transaction occurred well before Brian Royce was CEO.

You realize Brian Royce stated that you commingled escrow funds right?

4.) Where did the funds go to pay the Masterbucks balances?

5.) What is your involvement with "Epik LLC" in Wyoming.

6.) What about your general sense of the "egregious pattern of side deals and self-dealing during the last 10 months"? Do you have any more information on that?

7.) Where have you been for 9+ months as the list of victims continued to grow?

So many questions...

Rob, this is your big chance to explain your version of the situation.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Rob Monster might have made a bunch of bad mistakes, but he worked tirelessly for the last 9 months behind the scenes to make this deal happen and Brian Royce worked nonstop around the clock trying to save Epik and both tried as hard as possible to help as many clients as possible.
Oh yeah?

BeEpik.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Who is (was) CEO of Masterbucks?

•••
This is Epik LLC.

We'd like to provide an update from today:

1. JJE, TVT, and Adkisson were all paid today and released lawsuits. The sale of Epik Holdings Inc to Epik LLC was able to close.
2. ICANN was paid in full today.
3. Identity Digital was paid in full today.
4. Verisign was paid in full today, but it is not showing as cleared on their end yet. Should be by mid day Monday. Should have no problems with .com's getting registered and renewed Monday by mid day. All other endings are not in default and are able to be registered and renewed, but will be paid in full by end of day Monday regardless. These include Godaddy, Central Nic, Pir Org, and too many other vendors to list.
5. All aftermarket options were removed from epik.com today. As all of you have documented and somehow had the time to write up 299 pages about this rehashing the same thing 80 different ways, we need to focus on domains getting registered, renewed, and maintained. Support requests answered. And building the trust back of the core functions of a registrar: maintaining your trusted assets.

As all of you know, there's a big hole here to dig out of. We have shifted 10 customer support reps to support Epik.com customers starting Monday. We provide backend domain registrar services currently and can flex to as many people as needed to provide better customer service than any other option out there. It will take us some time though to learn Epik.coms software and quirks and obvious business operational problems that aren't normal. Our goal by the end of the week is to have 95% of phone calls answered live. 5% going to voicemail with a call returned in 2 hours or less. All support emails answered within 2 hours.

Our goals for Monday are to re-interview any old Epik Holdings Inc employees that would like to be rehired and that want to help us take care of the clients. Work our way through a long list of vendors and clients and start picking away at making things right. And we will not be accepting crypto as there was obviously massive operational and accounting problems in the current tech stack to properly account for it.

Once we can have domains safe and working well for our clients, we will start working through the in store credits. There's a lot there to work through. We'd appreciate your patience as we try to work through this.

There's a long history here and some weird stuff. Ok, maybe crazy stuff. Businesses make bad decisions all day every day: Montgomery Wards, Sears, JC Penneys, Toys R Us. You can watch hilco auctions to see businesses failing every day. Rob Monster might have made a bunch of bad mistakes, but he worked tirelessly for the last 9 months behind the scenes to make this deal happen and Brian Royce worked nonstop around the clock trying to save Epik and both tried as hard as possible to help as many clients as possible. There were so many problems we can't even begin to organize them into a cohesive postmortem to even attempt at speculating what caused it all. If you truly understood the mess behind the scenes what these two men pulled off is miraculous. And any of your speculation is worthless at this point also. What's important is moving forward and taking care of as many people as possible and trying to make things right for as many people as possible. We're no where close yet, but we're at least in a structure and position to try. There's a long ways to go and we recognize people have been financially hurt. We've very sorry for this, but if you'll give us time as the new Epik.com owners, we're going to try our best to help as many people as possible and right the ship. But it won't be overnight and words don't mean anything, actions will though, but it won't be fixed overnight.

Nothing we can say will fix what happened in the past prior to us, but we hope all of you will give us a shot to earn your trust. A lot of you are rightfully worried about customers not getting screwed. We care about that as well. It will be easier for us to make more people whole if there isn't an exodus of customer moving domains. Amazingly, if you look at the dumpster fire of the last 12 months and all the domains that have left. Epik still has an amazing following that believe in it and what it stands for. Epik still loses half as many domains as a percentage that Namesilo and Namecheap lose and is on par with Godaddy. There's still a very loyal following. And if the money had been there to keep domains renewing, Epik would have had a lot less get transferred out. And as a percentage done way better than Godaddy. We feel pretty confident we'll be back over 800,000 domains under management by the end of the year. We're here because the industry doesn't provide a great solution and we've tried them all and aren't satisfied with what is out there.

It might take awhile to earn your trust back, but we will keep trying, and will update this post next week as we progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We're here to help.

Epik LLC
the new Epik.com owners,, i like to see a name and a face

•••
Well, I for one hate the new guys. What a a dumb, condescending, arrogant and heartless intro.

In those 299 pages maybe you or that lying moron Brian Royce could have given an update and let customers know when they will get paid.

Also, no real mention of when victims of that lying moron Royce will be repaid. THAT IS ALL YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID. NOW I HATE YOU, TOO.

Hey, new guy, who the frick are you anyway?

Oh, yeah, and I want my 10 USDC back!
. """"Epik still loses half as many domains as a percentage that Namesilo and Namecheap lose and is on par with Godaddy. There's still a very loyal following. And if the money had been there to keep domains renewing, Epik would have had a lot less get transferred out. And as a percentage done way better than Godaddy. We feel pretty confident we'll be back over 800,000 domains under management by the end of the year. We're here because the industry doesn't provide a great solution and we've tried them all and aren't satisfied with what is out there.""" This remind me of the time RobM was building a "Dan" Killer a Flippa killer a Godaddy killer "A professional LLC would Never talk about other Registrars

•••
•••
Epik still has an amazing following that believe in it and what it stands for. Epik still loses half as many domains as a percentage that Namesilo and Namecheap lose and is on par with Godaddy. There's still a very loyal following. And if the money had been there to keep domains renewing, Epik would have had a lot less get transferred out. And as a percentage done way better than Godaddy. We feel pretty confident we'll be back over 800,000 domains under management by the end of the year. We're here because the industry doesn't provide a great solution and we've tried them all and aren't satisfied with what is out there.
Hi, it's reality. Nice to meet you.

That total domains graph would make a pretty difficult hill to ski, with that downslope.

1685784822223.png

1685784829804.png

Last edited:
•••
This is Epik LLC.

What's important is moving forward and taking care of as many people as possible and trying to make things right for as many people as possible. We're no where close yet, but we're at least in a structure and position to try.

Stop talking.

There's a long ways to go and we recognize people have been financially hurt. We've very sorry for this, but if you'll give us time as the new Epik.com owners, we're going to try our best to help as many people as possible and right the ship. But it won't be overnight and words don't mean anything, actions will though, but it won't be fixed overnight.

... people have been emotionally, mentally ... & financially hurt. Medical bills hurting their health ... also.

Stop talking.

Nothing we can say will fix ...

It might take awhile to earn your trust back, but we will keep trying, ....

Epik LLC

Stop talking.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
•••
... people have been emotionally, mentally ... & financially hurt.

the prospect of potentially losing a 21 year old domain name that my entire family has used during that time...
the prospect of having to go though EVERY SINGLE SIGN ON i've ever used that address on...
the prospect of losing a PAYING CLIENT'S domain due to it NOT being auto-renewed when it should have...

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, in that it "only" took about 4 days to get it all "fixed" for me, but still those 4 days might have cost me a couple years of my life from the stress.

on a good note, NameCheap was incredibly responsive and helpful, during a time when I can only imagine their support team is mainlining redbull to keep up with the influx, so positive shout out to them.

•••
It's a distressed business they are buying, why?
It has a significant number of domain names registered and many of these domain names will keep renewing. There is no customer acquisition cost for many of these renewing domain names.

It takes a long time and a lot of marketing to build up that level of market share outside the heavy discounting new gTLDs. Most of Epik's domain names are in .COM and that has a blended renewal rate of around 70%. This is why buying an existing registrar is almost always more attractive than starting a new registrar. A new registrar would still have to invest money in marketing in addition to the start-up costs.

Due to various poor business decisions, Epik may have been, in customer domain names terms, asset rich and cash poor. The last year or so has been quite harsh for .COM and the gTLDs as the Covid Bubble washes out of the zone files. That may have caused a cashflow problem for Epik in early 2022. Ripping off customers was wrong. Eventually, it could not pay its bills. There were probably only two options left: bankruptcy or sale. The "new" owner(s) should ensure that those customers who were ripped off are made whole.

Regards...jmcc

•••
It has a significant number of domain names registered and many of these domain names will keep renewing. There is no customer acquisition cost for many of these renewing domain names.

It takes a long time and a lot of marketing to build up that level of market share outside the heavy discounting new gTLDs. Most of Epik's domain names are in .COM and that has a blended renewal rate of around 70%. This is why buying an existing registrar is almost always more attractive than starting a new registrar. A new registrar would still have to invest money in marketing in addition to the start-up costs.
The registrations might have value, but I am not sure how much value the "Epik" brand itself has at this point.

They probably would have been better off just creating a new brand.

Due to various poor business decisions, Epik may have been, in customer domain names terms, asset rich and cash poor. The last year or so has been quite harsh for .COM and the gTLDs as the Covid Bubble washes out of the zone files. That may have caused a cashflow problem for Epik in early 2022.
All that might be true, but there is no situation where a company can just use escrow funds as they please. These funds are being held on behalf of another party.

They are not intended to be used for operating expenses, payouts to investors, etc. That is just corporate abuse.

Ripping off customers was wrong. Eventually, it could not pay its bills. There were probably only two options left: bankruptcy or sale. The "new" owner(s) should ensure that those customers who were ripped off are made whole.
Yes, the problem is Masterbucks which is probably the primary tool to scam customers was excluded from the asset transfer.

Epik has clearly been planning this scummy move for some time.

1685794571011.jpeg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back