Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Phew… that was close! I remembered that I still had about a dozen domains for a different entity sitting in a separate Epik account. I am relieved to report that I was able to successfully transfer them out - I expedited the approval for .com, .net and .org TLD’s and those domains have arrived at the new registrar. I still have a few .com.au’s I’m waiting on, but I have received the transfer request (and approved), so those transfers should occur in about 2 days. So, presently, for those with finances, you should still be able to transfer out no worries. Please get into it while you still can.

•••
It was fun while it lasted. Adkisson apparently got paid. I hope everyone else does.

Screenshot from 2023-06-02 13-05-47.png

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
It was fun while it lasted. Adkisson apparently got paid. I hope everyone else does.

Show attachment 239026
Well, good for this party.

Not so great for all the other customers who are likely to get left holding the bag, as assets like Masterbucks are not included.

I guess all it took was over a year, and a serious lawsuit for the plaintiff to get their "escrow" funds back.

You know, all this could have been avoided if the escrow funds were not abused in the first place.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Does this mean that by paying off Adkisson, Epik will successfully withdraw assets to Wyoming, and none of the victims will receive anything else?
Unfortunately, outside legal action I am not sure what is going to compel them to pay these debts.

I would not expect Epik to pay these debts voluntarily. They have excluded Masterbucks for a reason.

I wonder what the Washington AG will do when they find out that the company transferred assets to avoid paying their debts to customers, especially in cases like @Kathleen Kalaf which are under investigation.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, good for this party.

Not so great for all the other customers who are likely to get left holding the bag, as assets like Masterbucks are not included.

I guess all it took was over a year, and a serious lawsuit for the plaintiff to get their "escrow" funds back.

You know, all this could have been avoided if the escrow funds were not abused in the first place.

Brad
yeah, when I read that APA I knew they were just going to up his offer and close deal. They're not going to blow up a $5M deal over $50-75K, or whatever it ended up being to satisfy Adkisson. Deal will probably close in days and all assets will go to new company. Brian will get his pay day many will be left unpaid. Pisses me off that Adkisson didn't use his power in way to care more about others but it is the way of the world, but at least we got all those funny and very useful, for the future, exhibits.

Thankfully there is enough evidence to go after Royce and Monster personally if they screw around, I have much more than I have published.

•••
Does this mean that by paying off Adkisson, Epik will successfully withdraw assets to Wyoming, and none of the victims will receive anything else?
Yes, I am sure the deal is still on or they wouldn't have or even been able to, satisfy Adkisson. And, yes, all assets will be gong to new owner of Epik. I honestly have no idea if they will pay you, Kathleen, and others but if they don't I will rain down hell on them.

•••
The other issue here is that the deal is already screwed. The proposed deal involved getting ICANN approval for transfer of the registrar accreditation to the new entity.

That's just insane.

Looking at the ICANN Notice of Breach, Royce and crew have known they were delinquent with ICANN fees for quite a while now. It's obvious that Royce's stupidity extends to basic principles of registrar accreditation, because ICANN does not simply rubber stamp deals to move a registrar accreditation from one entity to another without the same sort of disclosure and background information required in the original accreditation process. They CERTAINLY aren't going to approve transfer of a delinquent accreditation that is also designed to screw the registries.
I assume ICANN is going to want a lot more information on this proposed deal.

Not to mention they want their own fees, as well as all the other registrar service companies paid back. That is a lot of money that Epik needs to come up with to "save" a badly damaged brand.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
That's just one of Epik's problems. There are still those ones mentioned by ICANN in the breach notice.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Somewhat expected outcome imo.

The Early Bird Gets the Worm​

- was discussed on earlier stages in this thread, in context of hiring a lawyer to sue Epik/Masterbucks... competing for remaining $$$ actually, as Epik did not or does not have enough funds to pay all victims.

I am wondering 1) who ultimately paid the lawyers in Adkisson case 2) what prevented other - or at least largest - victims [6 or 7 figures owed] from doing the same.

Last edited:
•••
I just have to be glad that I didn’t sell more on Epik, now they are ready to pay $180,000 just for car.ai, and I don’t agree.

•••
That's just one of Epik's problems. There are still those ones mentioned by ICANN in the breach notice.

Regards...jmcc
All those fees are covered in the asset purchase agreement, $1.6M.

•••
Somewhat expected outcome imo.

The Early Bird Gets the Worm​

- was discussed on earlier stages in this thread, in context of hiring a lawyer to sue Epik/Masterbucks... competing for remaining $$$ actually, as Epik did not or does not have enough funds to pay all victims.

I am wondering 1) who ultimately paid the lawyers in Adkisson case 2) what prevented other - or at least largest - victims [6 or 7 figures owed] from doing the same.
Most people can't afford to hire an attorney, if Adkisson wasn't a bitch he would have tried to help others with the power he had but he is what he is.

•••
I assume ICANN is going to want a lot more information on this proposed deal.

Not to mention they want their own fees, as well as all the other registrar service companies paid back. That is a lot of money they need to come up with to "save" a badly damaged brand.
These are some of the policies for becoming a registrar:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/policy-statement-2012-02-25-en#IIA

This section is important: "Statement of Minimum Qualifications for Accreditation"

A sale to an existing registrar operation might work as long as all bills and debts are paid off but it is still ICANN's decision. The brand may be damaged but the registrar business is valuable.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Could it be that this Wyoming Mystery Shopper is a Monster himself?

•••
The fees and debts aren't the only problems. ICANN wants the complaints dealt with too.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Could it be that this Wyoming Mystery Shopper is a Monster himself?
Considering that the actual buyer appears to be hidden, is it possible or even likely it is some Epik insider? Sure.

This would be a convenient way to basically move assets and leave the debt to customers, AKA the victims.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Most people can't afford to hire an attorney, if Adkisson wasn't a bitch he would have tried to help others with the power he had but he is what he is.
Yes, he is not a holy man, but as practice shows, holy people are the most dangerous, real monsters come across among them!

•••
Yes, I am sure the deal is still on or they wouldn't have or even been able to, satisfy Adkisson. And, yes, all assets will be gong to new owner of Epik. I honestly have no idea if they will pay you, Kathleen, and others but if they don't I will rain down hell on them.
Do you have more information about person "MC" mentioned on page 23/136, assisted by attorney Pretus from Barcelona? Did they get paid as well?

•••
I don't have time right now but it would be good for those interested to go and check out the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) and see how much is allocated, if any, for victims like Igor and Kathleen. Here it is, Exhibit O.

https://docdro.id/MVi7Ebt

•••
Also, let's factor in that Epik has made a lot of promises about payments and not followed through.

Until payment is actually made, this is yet another "IOU" that is being given. What is an IOU from Epik actually worth?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
is it possible or even likely it is an Epik insider? Sure
It may be possible to try to determine who he/she/they are by checking large domain portfolios, including those of epik shareholders / angel investors - did they transfer their domains away from Epik already? If not yet - then, even though they are well aware of Epik issues but are still with this registrar - then there may be something behind the table, like secret Wyoming deal.

Last edited:
•••

Yep. It's like being psychic.

This was the rational move. Come the end of the month, Epik wasn't going to be worth anything.

There is still an opportunity for this to go sideways.

That is a lot of money that Epik needs to come up with to "save" a badly damaged brand.

It may be worth it for the interests to whom a functional Epik has value, and for whom Royce is a puppet. Others may know more about that.

Until payment is actually made, this is yet another "IOU" that is being given. What is an IOU from Epik actually worth?

That depends on whether the people buying the registrar are dumb enough to believe that ICANN will summarily approve the accreditation transfer. ICANN may ultimately do so, but not until some more checks are written.

•••
I don't have time right now but it would be good for those interested to go and check out the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) and see how much is allocated, if any, for victims like Igor and Kathleen. Here it is, Exhibit O.

https://docdro.id/MVi7Ebt
This is the old link, without Exhibit O, I think.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back