Dynadot

discuss The Coronavirus Domain Mania?

NameSilo
Watch

Picorio

Established Member
Impact
Introduction
This is an educative post looking for answers for myself as well as to get different opinions from all of you.
Please feel free to contribute respectfully knowing that your wise comments can help many domain investors out there to
make the right decision!

As the Coronavirus spreads around the world, people all over are rushing to register Coronavirus related domains.
Real fact:
According to Dofo.com there are 10,429 Coronavirus domain names found and
3,700 covid19 related domains.

If you conduct a simply search on some of the main registers, you will be in shock to find out that most of the Coronavirus related domains has been already registered.
Even covid19pedia.com and covid-19pedia.com were both recently registered according to Instantdomainname
site: https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=covid19pedia
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=covid-19pedia
Don't even try searching for coronaviruspedia.com because it was also recently registered!
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=coronaviruspedia
(None of the above mentioned domains are mine)
This is not mentioning other important keywords related to this
virus such us:
Mask
Facemask
Hand sanitizer
Zanitizer
Gloves
Quarantine
Pandemic etc etc.
As @WhoaDomain.com started a thread about
"What Coronavirus domain
did you register" https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/
Many are the NamePros members sharing their recent registered domains. One particular member shared " I've already sold 2 smaller $$ domains related to this.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/page-6

I have to admit that with all the Coronavirus trending, I felt tempted as well and registered some
domains with
covid19 and coronavirus as the main keywords and one with the sanitizer keyword.

Your Opinion Matters
Since it seems like we will have coronavirus trending for a while(Maybe for years to come)
What do you think about the "Coronavirus domain name Mania
" that is going on right now?
Should we jump in the wagon or not?
Will we regret it later around for not taking action earlier?
( At time of writing,most of the Covid19 domain names I checked last weekend that were available... are all gone including coronavirusmania.com:xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Outside a handful of the best generics, all the rest of these are worthless.
It is a good time to be a registrar I guess.

Brad

•••
I think it's too late to jump in, good generic domains are already gone...the rest is junk.
The one i liked best is social distancing .com

•••
I think it's too late to jump in, good generic domains are already gone...the rest is junk.

This is the usual case. Any time something becomes a "trend" it is too late.
All the best domains have likely been registered for years.

For instance -

Domain Name: CORONAVIRUS.COM
Creation Date: 2002-08-13T02:31:44Z

Brad

•••
Here is a good advice that @WhoaDomain.com gave me:
"If you can't get exact match domains of just Coronavirus, Covid-19 or Covid19 or even NCOV don't bother.
Resist the temptation. Register stuff people need for this pandemic."

Last edited:
•••
This is the usual case. Any time something becomes a "trend" it is too late.
All the best domains have likely been registered for years.

For instance -

Domain Name: CORONAVIRUS.COM
Creation Date: 2002-08-13T02:31:44Z

Brad
O_owhat Creation Date: 2002-08-13T02:31:44Z??? wow

•••
coronavir.us...cannot believe someone regged this name at 2016-Jan-19 via .us ...and vir.us regged at 2017 May

•••
Its a simple situation , thinking about how we plant tree or fruit and get the result after 2 or 3 years or 15 years later. If we could predict another virus in the future (15 - 20 years later) , we could reg that name today.

•••

I told this or something along those lines to OP. unless you were lucky enough to grab an EMD and at the very least in some of the TOP CCTLD's it's a bit pointless. unless it's a killer two word combo in .com like

CoronavirusNews.com
CoronavirusVaccine.com etc etc.

•••
Introduction
This is an educative post looking for answers for myself as well as to get different opinions from all of you.
Please feel free to contribute respectfully knowing that your wise comments can help many domain investors out there to
make the right decision!

As the Coronavirus spreads around the world, people all over are rushing to register Coronavirus related domains.
Real fact:
According to Dofo.com there are 10,429 Coronavirus domain names found and
3,700 covid19 related domains.

If you conduct a simply search on some of the main registers, you will be in shock to find out that most of the Coronavirus related domains has been already registered.
Even covid19pedia.com and covid-19pedia.com were both recently registered according to Instantdomainname
site: https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=covid19pedia
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=covid-19pedia
Don't even try searching for coronaviruspedia.com because it was also recently registered!
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=coronaviruspedia
(None of the above mentioned domains are mine)
This is not mentioning other important keywords related to this
virus such us:
Mask
Facemask
Hand sanitizer
Zanitizer
Gloves
Quarantine
Pandemic etc etc.
As @WhoaDomain.com started a thread about
"What Coronavirus domain
did you register" https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/
Many are the NamePros members sharing their recent registered domains. One particular member shared " I've already sold 2 smaller $$ domains related to this.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/page-6

I have to admit that with all the Coronavirus trending, I felt tempted as well and registered some
domains with
covid19 and coronavirus as the main keywords and one with the sanitizer keyword.

Your Opinion Matters
Since it seems like we will have coronavirus trending for a while(Maybe for years to come)
What do you think about the "Coronavirus domain name Mania
" that is going on right now?
Should we jump in the wagon or not?
Will we regret it later around for not taking action earlier?
( At time of writing,most of the Covid19 domain names I checked last weekend that were available... are all gone including coronavirusmania.com:xf.frown:

I hope you did not register Zanitizer domains?

•••
•••
Socialdistancing looks to have been registered/acquired by Square last month.

•••
Its a simple situation , thinking about how we plant tree or fruit and get the result after 2 or 3 years or 15 years later. If we could predict another virus in the future (15 - 20 years later) , we could reg that name today.

I'm waiting on the Domainer Virus. it causes cold sweats and impulse buying of ridiculous domains at domain auctions triggered when they are outbid by another bidder. lol

•••
not sure which thread I should post this...but I think it worth a post...

someone is selling a call action type name ending with a .today extention...this is first time I aware this extention...which inspire me to check more action.today type of names, like lockdown*today..and find out it already reg and live just one day before...

•••
It seems like Coronavirus keywords will be the hot trending topic for a while.
I checked last night gocovid and gocovid19 and were available. I looked again today and they were just registered.
These domains were also recently registered: ( all in the .com neighborhood)
14dayquarantine
quarantineroom
quarantine kids
quarantinefamily
( None of them are mine)

Last edited:
•••
Grabbed VirusWarehouse.com today. Dumb I know, but crosses two industries, both medical and IT.

•••
More domains related to Corona Virus crisis are been sold, Just yesterday 3 domains were sold from Buydomains: pandemicalerts, uspandemic, and distancing all .com

•••
I told this or something along those lines to OP. unless you were lucky enough to grab an EMD and at the very least in some of the TOP CCTLD's it's a bit pointless. unless it's a killer two word combo in .com like

CoronavirusNews.com
CoronavirusVaccine.com etc etc.

Most domains that append words to corona or coronavirus have a low chance..

Considering there’ll be billions spent on research, the domains bought will probably not have the word “coronavirus” in them. It’ll be either government organisation/legislation related like HealthAmericans.org which sold for like $55k or medical flu related terms, like Syncope.com which sold for over $7k..

Over time these terms especially the medical ones will become popular just like self isolation & social distancing..

•••
I've recently noticed (last24hours)a rush of registered domains with PANDEMIC as the main keyword. As indicated by @AdamFL, uspandemic.com and pandemicalerts.com were just sold yesterday - according to Namebio.

***Keep an eye on Pandemic keywords ***
I was able to register ukpandemic*com pandemic*loans, pandemictherapy *com
and pandemicattorneys*com

Last edited:
•••
Also -Coronavirus - is not a new term that someone would have uncovered before anyone else - Coronavirus is listed (and has been for many years) and one of the many things Lysol spray kills - go find an old Lysol can and read the info. It's been around and know about for a long time.

•••
•••
I've recently noticed (last24hours)a rush of registered domains with PANDEMIC as the main keyword. As indicated by @AdamFL, uspandemic.com and pandemicalerts.com were just sold yesterday - according to Namebio.

***Keep an eye on Pandemic keywords ***
I was able to register ukpandemic*com pandemic*loans, pandemictherapy *com
and pandemicattorneys*com
What the heck are people going to do with these domains!? Quite pointless imho

•••
I registered one
Annotation 2020-03-18 184348.png

Not trying to benefit from misery, tried to stay away from the name itself.

Hope we get rid of it soon.

•••
Most domains that append words to corona or coronavirus have a low chance..

Considering there’ll be billions spent on research, the domains bought will probably not have the word “coronavirus” in them. It’ll be either government organisation/legislation related like HealthAmericans.org which sold for like $55k or medical flu related terms, like Syncope.com which sold for over $7k..

Over time these terms especially the medical ones will become popular just like self isolation & social distancing..

already got a 5 figure offer on an emd "coronavirus" CCTLD. barely made it to 5 figures. considering taking it.

so I'm going to have to not believe the typical saying that such domains will never sell.

sorry.

I believe if you have such domains your best bet is to develop. Then sell.

•••
already got a 5 figure offer on an emd "coronavirus" CCTLD. barely made it to 5 figures. considering taking it.

so I'm going to have to not believe the typical saying that such domains will never sell.

sorry.

I believe if you have such domains your best bet is to develop. Then sell.

Let me know when the money hits your account...

Brad

•••
Back