Domain Empire

discuss The Coronavirus Domain Mania?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Picorio

Established Member
Impact
Introduction
This is an educative post looking for answers for myself as well as to get different opinions from all of you.
Please feel free to contribute respectfully knowing that your wise comments can help many domain investors out there to
make the right decision!

As the Coronavirus spreads around the world, people all over are rushing to register Coronavirus related domains.
Real fact:
According to Dofo.com there are 10,429 Coronavirus domain names found and
3,700 covid19 related domains.

If you conduct a simply search on some of the main registers, you will be in shock to find out that most of the Coronavirus related domains has been already registered.
Even covid19pedia.com and covid-19pedia.com were both recently registered according to Instantdomainname
site: https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=covid19pedia
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=covid-19pedia
Don't even try searching for coronaviruspedia.com because it was also recently registered!
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=coronaviruspedia
(None of the above mentioned domains are mine)
This is not mentioning other important keywords related to this
virus such us:
Mask
Facemask
Hand sanitizer
Zanitizer
Gloves
Quarantine
Pandemic etc etc.
As @WhoaDomain.com started a thread about
"What Coronavirus domain
did you register" https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/
Many are the NamePros members sharing their recent registered domains. One particular member shared " I've already sold 2 smaller $$ domains related to this.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/page-6

I have to admit that with all the Coronavirus trending, I felt tempted as well and registered some
domains with
covid19 and coronavirus as the main keywords and one with the sanitizer keyword.

Your Opinion Matters
Since it seems like we will have coronavirus trending for a while(Maybe for years to come)
What do you think about the "Coronavirus domain name Mania
" that is going on right now?
Should we jump in the wagon or not?
Will we regret it later around for not taking action earlier?
( At time of writing,most of the Covid19 domain names I checked last weekend that were available... are all gone including coronavirusmania.com:xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
CoronaVirus.com.co - recived $ 1000
CoronaVirusID.com - sold low xxx
Have other reg. CoronaVirusDiseases.com
Home Quarantine.info
CoronaVirux.com
etc..

•••
Let me know when the money hits your account...

Brad

Yea as always. Some crap happens. Buyer made some dumb offhanded remark to scare me into selling. Not going to repeat it but something to thee effect that "either sell to him because there's a chance gov will take it by force yadda yadda." Not that he was the Gov. Just saying in these times a Gov might confiscate Coronavirus domains to use to get the word out from their Gov to the public.

Of course this rubbed me the wrong way so blocked the email told him not to contact me again. Just going to buy a news blog theme and create my own site on it and get the word out.

I mean if GoDaddy is using Coronavirus.com domain as a kind of publicity charity angle then others can follow. It's all for a good cause in thee end.

You really can't make money these days. Everyone is hard up so while I have my coronavirus domains best thing to do now is help by getting the word out with informative websites.

•••
Also -Coronavirus - is not a new term that someone would have uncovered before anyone else - Coronavirus is listed (and has been for many years) and one of the many things Lysol spray kills - go find an old Lysol can and read the info. It's been around and know about for a long time.
I remember seeing that years ago.

•••
•••
•••
SelfIsolationAdvice.com and IsolationAdvice.com are both available

So?

Isolation is to separate ill people from healthy people.

Quarantine is to separate people who may have been to a communicable disease.

Two different things.

I think the vast majority of humanity would be looking for quarantine advice. Isolation would mean they are already ill.

Hope it remains that way for the good of humanity.

•••
So?

Isolation is to separate ill people from healthy people.

Quarantine is to separate people who may have been to a communicable disease.

Two different things.

I think the vast majority of humanity would be looking for quarantine advice. Isolation would mean they are already ill.

Hope it remains that way for the good of humanity.
Given that the vast majority of people are isolating themselves and not in quarantine, it's perfectly relevant.

Regardless, they're all worthless. :woot: imho

Last edited:
•••
Given that the vast majority of people are isolating themselves and not in quarantine, it's perfectly relevant.

Quarantine is for potentially ill people. Isolation is for already infected people.

The majority of humanity is still healthy.

What don't you get about that?

•••
Quarantine is for potentially ill people. Isolation is for already infected people.

The majority of humanity is still healthy.

What don't you get about that?
You've created an argument with yourself. Put the salt down for a minute.

I didn't suggest they had the same meaning. I can't suggest available domains because you prefer another word in the thread that has another meaning?

Entire cities are being told to ISOLATE themselves, regardless of whether they are ill or not. Governments are ordering healthy and unhealthy people from going out on the streets and meeting others to prevent the spread of coronavirus whether they have come into contact with it or not. AKA Isolation

•••
You've created an argument with yourself. Put the salt down for a minute.

I didn't suggest they had the same meaning. I can't suggest available domains because you prefer another word in the thread that has another meaning?

Entire cities are being told to ISOLATE themselves, regardless of whether they are ill or not. Governments are ordering healthy and unhealthy people from going out on the streets and meeting others to prevent the spread of coronavirus whether they have come into contact with it or not. AKA Isolation

First of all, no that's not what I meant, you can suggest whatever word you want.

Secondly, no, people are not going into isolation unless they are infected. Shelter in place, maybe, Lockdown maybe, but isolation is done on an individual level, not by entire cities, & the person would be infected. Those are the people infected with virus. They isolate themselves.

For the rest of us, when one suspects they could be infected, they quarantine themselves.

But lets agree to disagree, & hope it gets better soon.

•••

Lol, it always puts a smile on my face when people voluntarily offer their worthless opinions/appraisals.

But I understand, it makes them feel important.

Part of the business.

•••
Secondly, no, people are not going into isolation unless they are infected.
upload_2020-3-18_23-32-25.png

https://www.ft.com/content/f465d8e8-67a4-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

upload_2020-3-18_23-35-28.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...-lockdown-n1159296/ncrd1159721#liveBlogHeader

upload_2020-3-18_23-38-6.png

https://www.ktvu.com/news/californi...s-bars-to-close-restaurants-to-limit-capacity

Last edited:
•••
be late like always, but finally jumpped into this ...some related name I have now:

iov*net ( iov= institue of virology if you allow me explain it in this way )
infectly*com ( infect + ly, quite brandable for any company focus on this area , bought it seval month ago)
aboutvirus*org ( anything about virus, like an information type of name, just regged...I hope it works well. )

Last edited:
•••
Nothing will work without content or the direct type in. If you think someone will type in your corona+random names they won't. FreeVirusDetector dot com reg 2015

Last edited:
•••
Totally unrelated registered way before this pandemic went full blown. And more registered for IT.

BuyVirus.com

As in "Buy Virus Protection" for your PC or laptop or tablet or mobile.

Also, did not know this till more research after. Seems to be plenty of labs out there that culture Viruses and sell to other labs for experimentation and research.

Could these be where the original coronavirus came from? I'm sure they have the original coronavirus from 1918 aka Spanish flu.

But now more than ever. Everyone needs to

"Buy Virus supplies"

BuyVirus.com great name for an affiliate site.

And in case we're wondering yes I did get the reverse VirusBuy.com

Also regged before all this Virusbeat.com and virushealth.com

•••
I will argue that it is not too late if you build them into a blog and help spread the news about the virus, do some affiliate marketing stuff for hand sanitizers

•••
I have jumped on the wagon

Cheers
Corey

•••
I agree with those who say there is limited value for most of these coronavirus related names. You only have to look at past similar "virus" domains to realize that only EMD dot-coms are going to make more than pocket change. (e.g. Namebio the results for SwineFlu / BirdFlu / Ebola.etc. and see how few names have sold in the past...)

In the alternative, virus "prepper" names like FaceMasks / SafetyGoggles/ HazMatSuit / etc. that are attached to actual products may have some legs...

•••
Also -Coronavirus - is not a new term that someone would have uncovered before anyone else - Coronavirus is listed (and has been for many years) and one of the many things Lysol spray kills - go find an old Lysol can and read the info. It's been around and know about for a long time.

Even in Dettol bottles Corona virus is mentioned, since long.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
The only one winning is the registrars getting those reg fees.
I doubt 99% of the Coronavirus domains will be renewed for a second year.

•••
removed

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back