IT.COM

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Diuretic.co.uk and ch7.co.uk

•••
•••
•••
•••
TV-Links.co.uk sold for $18420 at Sedo.
I think its very good sale.

•••
•••
just hand regged CarMaker.co.uk It is one word generic

•••
Just hand regged Quickrate.co.uk

•••
•••
Anyone think .co.uk domains will become less popular after brexit ?

•••

Valla!!! Even brexit.co.uk is no longer available despite the grammar was just submitted in June this 2016 - Derived from Br(itish) + exit.

"Daved Wachsman submitted this word on 7 March 2016 while still "still pending investigation" then later considered a "candidate". Since the word was published and now officially used in the light of Britain exiting the EU, Mr. Wachsman should be given credit for this now widely used name".

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/brexit

Also look at Google trend stat as spiked in June 2016 https://www.google.com.ng/trends/explore#q=Brexit&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT-1

Last edited:
•••
Mine Timework.co.uk (single word)

Many .co.uk noticeable sales can be found on DNJournal in June and and last week 1 name sold there.

•••
Valla!!! Even brexit.co.uk is no longer available despite the grammar was just submitted in June this 2016 - Derived from Br(itish) + exit.

"Daved Wachsman submitted this word on 7 March 2016 while still "still pending investigation" then later considered a "candidate". Since the word was published and now officially used in the light of Britain exiting the EU, Mr. Wachsman should be given credit for this now widely used name".

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/brexit

Also look at Google trend stat as spiked in June 2016 https://www.google.com.ng/trends/explore#q=Brexit&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT-1

I'm not talking about a single domain but the entire namespace of .co.uk

The Question I was asking:

I may start a thread on this subject to highlight the possible threats.

•••
I'm not talking about a single domain but the entire namespace of .co.uk

The Question I was asking:

I may start a thread on this subject to highlight the possible threats.

Based on last week sale reported on DNJournal (TV-Links.co.uk sold for $18420 at Sedo), I think, it did not influence the .co.uk worth yet.

Thanks.

•••
Based on last week sale reported on DNJournal (TV-Links.co.uk sold for $18420 at Sedo), I think, it did not influence the .co.uk worth yet.

Thanks.

I don't think its professional to base the entire namespace of a TLD on one domain sale and considering brexit has not even begun yet I don't think we can jump to early conclusions. It's seems worthy of debate.

•••
I don't think its professional to base the entire namespace of a TLD on one domain sale and considering brexit has not even begun yet I don't think we can jump to early conclusions. It's seems worthy of debate.

I didn't say, it didn't begin or it wouldn't have an influence, I said, it didn't reveal influence yet as expected.

Thanks.

•••
As long as the uk stays together, the .co.uk and .uk will only get stronger thanks to all the crap extensions that are coming out.

•••
As long as the uk stays together, the .co.uk and .uk will only get stronger thanks to all the crap extensions that are coming out.

My point has nothing to do with new extensions. What I'm concerned about is .CO.UK and the fact that the existing customer base within the EU may be diminished because of pending law changes which will make it less attractive to do commercial business on.

Pending law changes should make products and services more expensive for other EU member states through the inevitable extra duties and taxes that will be imposed.

We're taking about over 400 million neighbours so this is no small issue.

Last edited:
•••
As long as the uk has one of the biggest economies in the world, businesses old and new in all countries will continue to trade with us.

I personally believe the ability to set our own trade agreements can only be beneficial to our economy and lead to more businesses and job opportunities. I stopped listening to fear mongering in the media a long time ago.

•••
As long as the uk has one of the biggest economies in the world, businesses old and new in all countries will continue to trade with us.

I personally believe the ability to set our own trade agreements can only be beneficial to our economy and lead to more businesses and job opportunities. I stopped listening to fear mongering in the media a long time ago.

The UK will have no say in extra taxes and duties which will be imposed on them by other EU countries, this is not fear mongering it's the harsh reality that has the London, Scotland and N.Ireland in panic.

•••
Once the dust settles I'm sure the uk will trade as normal. There's only two things guaranteed in life, death and taxes.

•••
Initiated.co.UK

Great name for a dating site

•••
Once the dust settles I'm sure the uk will trade as normal. There's only two things guaranteed in life, death and taxes.

Exactly these extra taxes are guaranteed and this will make it harder for the UK to trade with the EU in future. Over 400 million of your neighbors will then have a very good reason to not visit or do business on .CO.UK that you can be sure off.

•••
You're making valid points but I'm an optimist :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back