Dynadot

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My advice is stay away from co.uk, uk etc, it's a dead market.

Normally when someone says this they dont have any co.uk/.uk or dont understand the market I have done very well with them. But yes please stay away from them :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
•••
.UK looks much better aesthetically than .CO.UK , I hope it gets widely adopted soon.

•••
sold: (data insurance ) 1k

Last edited:
•••
I think if you try to bring a sense of reality to any market, Of course, someone will say it's because they aren't selling.

I personally didn't have a problem selling most of my .co.uk's purely because I realised the market wasn't there for 4 figure and plus sales. There's always going to be exceptions, I dropped my prices to mid 3 figures or slightly above and cleared virtually everything (mostly I imagine to fellow domainers) Occasionally I was selling 3 or 4 a day. This is all good, No complaints from me. I still hold around 40 co.uk's today.

After 25 years in the UK market. I feel I'm fairly experienced in what sells and what UK businesses are prepared to pay and I can categorically say It never reached the expectations of the early investors Who thought they were part of the dotcom boom., with prices to match.

Those who arrived at a level-head have probably done fairly well, Buying low and selling reasonably priced. But these are NOT in the main 'Domain Name Journal' type figures as you can well agree. Now if you go back 15 years (or more) it was a slightly different story.

I can time-line it far more accurately but I don't think the History of the Co.Uk really needs it
As a UK investor myself most of my portfolio is pretty much made up of UK domains, but I had always struggled pricing the names, so it was always an easier option to advertise these as 'make offer'.

I ran with this for quite a while with no sales and then decided to change these up and price them all at BIN pointing them all to Sedo landers. The majority of my doamins are priced at around the £695 mark or slightly higher for those more premium names. Since doing this, sales have been steady so I agree that pricing UK domains at middle £££ works.

UK buyers are very price sensitive.

Last edited:
•••
Privacylawyer.uk

Privacylawyer.co.uk

•••
•••
I love using co.uk keyword domain names for my website development projects. They are so easy to find, register, manage and transfer. Even when co.uk backorders lead to an auction it's rarely more than 100 G.B.P. Also U.K. based search engines and U.K. based customers love and trust co.uk more than any other domain name extension in the world. So it makes me happy that this thread is so quiet as most people are buying dot com.

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20221115-193333_Chrome.jpg

1.com
2.org
3.co.uk

•••
furniture.co.uk sold for $650,000 at Sedo

•••
•••
Where have you had the most success selling your .co.uk domains?

@Dave I would be very interested in your reply.

For some reason I never had a reply informing me of your message, so I apologise for how late this has come.

I have only ever sold co.uk domains on Sedo, Domain Lore and private. These are the platforms I recommend for UK (Sedo/Private for end user price, Domain Lore for expected reseller pricing although you may get some end users from time to time).

I for sure do not recommend any other platforms since most have mainly a US audience and focus on .com only.

•••
•••
Wow this threads been dead for a while then. I picked up...

UUU(dot)co(dot)uk

•••
Hello All
Criticize.co.uk
FashionOutlets.uk

Thanks

•••
LeafletPrinting.co.uk
StolenIdentity.co.uk
CustomSuits.co.uk
SpywareRemoval.co.uk
RealtimeGaming.co.uk
MetaverseCommunity.co.uk
MetaverseArchitect.co.uk

•••
Does anyone feel that .uk will eventually overtake .co.uk as the more preferred tld ?
At this rate I don't think it's going to happen. There were over 150 3 letter .UK names available to register the other day!! (I picked up 20 of them) and 8 NNN.uk

Last edited:
•••
co.uk is still on fire for me .uk not so much but I am holding both.

•••
My favourite .co.uk name that I have is 1234.co.uk

I also have in .co.uk
ADG
BikeAlarms
CarAlarms
CBR
CTL
HDN
HHHH
IDP
JXL
MAL
NTH
OMC
UEM

•••
HorseTrailers.co.uk
HorseBoxes.co.uk
MarineServices.co.uk
YourVoice.co.uk
Diver.co.uk
4wd.co.uk
AskMe.co.uk
WellnessCoach.co.uk

•••
I have sold or been involved in hundreds of co.uk domain sales over the years (since around 2010) including 3L's, one words, geo's, services, emds etc. I am a UK domain registrar and have run one of the most successful co.uk catching systems in the past.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about .co.uk or .uk domains.

•••
Hey All,

Where can I likely sell my .co.uk domains? DomainLore? Sedo? or Outbound?

Many thanks!

Depends on how good the domains are.....if they are premium quality domains then they should sell anywhere but amazing names will go on Sedo, if they are decent quality and you are happy with reseller prices then domainlore or if you want top prices then spend time on outbound. Have a look at domainlore to see what sells for what....I've recently sold at domainlore but also put in some domains that didnt sell....(and thought that they would easily.....so swings and roundabouts)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back