Domain Empire

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2 of my co.uks

TropicalCruises
TropicalResorts

•••
.org.uk - need opinions from the pros

I've noticed quite a few nice names on this extension available. I know it's a weaker extension, but I have no idea relative to other extensions what its value is.

If anybody (especially from UK) can give me any insight in this extension it would be greatly appreciated. (Examples: how to use it, whether it sales, does it get type in, how famous is it, etc.)

Thank You.

•••
I was in London for over a week in Dec - didnt see a single .org.uk advertisement on TV or Billboards.

•••
This is one of the few extensions that actually gets used (almost solely) for what it was intended for.
Lots of non-profits in the UK do use them. Off the top of my head: www.faw.org.uk www.labour.org.uk www.warchild.org.uk www.nominet.org.uk

2-character .org.uks were bought out a while ago but haven't seen many traded yet.
Don't forget all .uk names are subject to a transfer fee to Nominet.

•••
Transferring a .co.uk name to a new person

If a .co.uk name has been sold to someone else & you want to transfer it over to them, what are the steps involved?

You can't just push the name to them, eg. from your Godaddy account to their Godaddy account, you have to fill out some paperwork with the .co.uk registry, is that correct? Is there any fees involved with the transfer?

I ask this because I've never had to deal with .co.uk sales yet.

•••
have a loohttp://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/transfer/k here

•••
When you register any.co.uk names, it is registered at two tiers. One is your registerar and the other one is Nominet. You can make internal free push as you do with .com. However, in order to change the ownership, you need to log in your nominet account and do it manually. You may choose to pay the fee yourself or select the option of ‘buyer paying the fee’. The fee is £10 plus VAT. You can transfer more than one name to the same person for one price of £10 plus VAT.
--------
PS. I am not sure about GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
.co.uk registrant email

how can i find the email address of the registrant of a .co.uk domain? i can't seem to get any email addresses out of a simple whois search.

•••
This is because when you reg a co.uk you are given the option to disclose certain details about yourself. I think that it has something to do with the UK's Data Protection Act, or possibly European level legislation (but then the same would be true of .de, .frs etc)

•••
Hi there,
Yes like 'Pommyg' said, .co.uk registers have the opportunity to opt out their contact details being displayed on whois searches when they register the domain.

I would check if there is an email address on the domains website or try sending an email to the address like '[email protected]' to see if it bounces back.

Failing this, maybe try contacting Nominet who maintains the .uk database to ask if they can possibly forward the message onto the domain holder's contact email.

www.nominet.org.uk
[email protected]

Good luck..
Egg

•••
•••
Did you try doing a google search for "@thedomain.co.uk"

you may just find the missing piece if he's using it ;)

...yeah its a long shot but sometimes long shots pay off :bingo:

•••
.CO.UK Typo Domains

I have about 20 .co.uk typo domains I would like to sell. Good quality, missing characters or neighboring characters of some major search engines and firms. 40-50 visits per day. Please PM me for a list.

Cheers,
Paul.

•••
SouthbankHotels (CO UK)

SouthbankProperty (CO UK)

•••
anti-christ.co.uk
creditoffer.co.uk

•••
Whats the value of co.uk domains need response asap please

I have got this domain bespokeupholstery.co.uk . A few people are intrested in buying the domain off of me today but i have no idea what price to give them. I also posted this on the apprassials thread.

Could someone please advise me

Thankks

•••
publiccloud.co.uk
cloudprovider.co.uk
cloudgaming.co.uk
cloudgames.co.uk
cloudproviders.co.uk
computingpower.co.uk
cloudgamer.co.uk
cloudgamers.co.uk
publicclouds.co.uk

Last edited:
•••
Here is my little collection of .co.uk names.

BusinessEncyclopedia.co.uk
FederalReserve.co.uk
HonestReviews.co.uk
LiveStriptease.co.uk
MicroCredits.co.uk
MonetaryUnion.co.uk
RadioChannel.co.uk
TouristCenter.co.uk

LiveStriptease.co.uk & MicroCredits.co.uk are my best :imho:

What's your take?

•••
Stargazer said:
Here is my little collection of .co.uk names.

BusinessEncyclopedia.co.uk
FederalReserve.co.uk
HonestReviews.co.uk
LiveStriptease.co.uk
MicroCredits.co.uk
MonetaryUnion.co.uk
RadioChannel.co.uk
TouristCenter.co.uk

LiveStriptease.co.uk & MicroCredits.co.uk are my best :imho:

What's your take?

As much as I applaud all investors in the .co.uk marketplace (its somewhere, along with .de that folks from the US should really take a look at), in this instance, center is spelt centre and theres no "federal" anything in the UK :D

•••
Badger said:
As much as I applaud all investors in the .co.uk marketplace (its somewhere, along with .de that folks from the US should really take a look at), in this instance, center is spelt centre and theres no "federal" anything in the UK :D

You are very observant :]

I knew that it's not spelled Center in the UK, but i think it looks and sounds better with Tourist Center than Tourist Centre :imho:

Never understood why they insist switching places between the E and the R but i think it's a good typo :D

Regarding the federal reserve in the UK, yes i know there is no such thing!
But this is also true for USA! The US Fed is neither federal or a reserve!

Federal Reserve is as federal as Federal Express :sold:

It's a private company run by private bankers that has not been elected by the people.

After watching the news about the $700+ Billion bailout package in America. I typed in Federal Reserve at Moniker and saw this name was available, it made me laugh and i just had to register it :lol:

It's for sale, asking price is only $100,000,000,000 Dont miss out!

•••
Stargazer said:
I knew that it's not spelled Center in the UK, but i think it looks and sounds better with Tourist Center than Tourist Centre :imho:

Now thats logic I can relate to. Unfortunately, the other 70 odd million here in the UK might disagree.

You'll also be pleased to learn that "spelled" is written "spelt" o'er here as well?

:D

•••
Multikill.co.uk

What do you think?
Developed as a game server company at the moment.

•••
Badger said:
Now thats logic I can relate to. Unfortunately, the other 70 odd million here in the UK might disagree.

You'll also be pleased to learn that "spelled" is written "spelt" o'er here as well?

:D

Yeah i know, i'm so Americanized even for a Scandinavian :lol:

Reminds me of My Fair Lady when professor Higgins wonder why the English can't teach their children how to speak :blink:

•••
I got only 1 .co.uk name right now, which is grandstore.

•••
I have
wallhack.co.uk
aimbot.co.uk

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back