Domain Empire

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adventursome.co.uk

Cheers! :)

•••
Also have

Gmilf.co.uk

For those of you who not what a Milf is... :lala:

•••
I have got these .co.uk. What do you guys say?

WebmasterNews
PremiumAuctions
CreditStats
SpecialFinanceLeads

•••
Got this......Amy's Blog!
AmysBlog[.]co.uk

Amy is a very popular and common British name.
com/net/org have been taken!

•••
SanMateo.co.uk
Litchi.co.uk

for sale

•••
Teacherscollege.co.uk

TeachersCollege.co.uk

•••
mmay i know where can i register .co.uk?
issit open to public to register?

•••
mmay i know where can i register .co.uk?
issit open to public to register?

Any registrar...

Dynadot
GoDaddy
DomainMonster

And all the others too..

•••
Any registrar...

Dynadot
GoDaddy
DomainMonster

And all the others too..

may i know where is the cheapes place.i found £2.99 for one year

•••
EnglandEstateAgents
NIEstateAgents

•••
•••
OVH.co.uk, 5,75 pounds for two years

•••
Can I get a .uk?

I've seen co.uk and what not, personally not a big fan, despite how cool it looks, it sounds too muich like a thing women :hearts:. Don't get me wrong I :hearts:mine too:!:

Anyway, .uk looks great, but google search turned up little for me.

So I ask here, is there any place I can register .uk names, and where is cheapest?

Thank you.

•••
•••
No you cannot get a .uk unless you're a govt dept in the UK or something, afaik.

You can however register .co.uk or .me.uk or .net.uk or .org.uk at a lot of registrars.

Nominet is the official Registry for .co.uk - List of Registrars

edit: Please note that you need to be a resident of UK or operate a business there to satisfy nexus to register a .uk - other nexus requirements might exist.

Last edited:
•••
Like Samit says you need to be a resident of the UK to purchase a .co.uk, Nominet are quite strict on it aswell (i get letters through the post).

Of course, if you trade in the UK, this should qualify for you to have a .co.uk

Sean

•••
Deactivated domains? What's that mean?

Hi,

Moniker have sent me an email that begins REGIONAL DOMAINS PENDING DEACTIVATION

Their glossary isn't much help, and I couldn't get the support ticket to open in FF or IE.

Can anyone tell me what this 'deactivation' is? It seems to be two months before renewal is due. Is it something only Moniker does?

It's for co.uk domains.

Thanks!

•••
Some ccTLD's require you to renew the domain 30 days before the renewal date.

Not sure if it's unique to different registrars - I've had the same issue with a .nu

•••
Thanks miss-chiff.

There's nothing about 'deactivation' on the nominet website.

Has anyone else had any experience of this with Moniker?

Guess I'll have to ring them up.

•••
I just found this at Moniker
TLD Details

shows co.uk 60 days prior to renewal.

•••
I find that quite frightening.

it means that Moniker will delete .com domains 40 days after expiration, but will delete .co.uk domains 6 days BEFORE expiration. What exactly is the point of an expiration date?

What's it all about?

I regularly leave renewal to the last minute, so now I've got to remember to take a week off.

I don't auto renew because this is a hobby and I can't guarantee that I'll have enough in my bank account at any one time, particularly since I register in bulk when I find a little treasure trove.

Still, hasn't answered the question about deactivation. I managed to open a ticket - apparently Moniker sets off popup blockers in FF and IE when trying to open a ticket, so once I'd figured out that I had to allow popups.

•••
Just received this prompt reply from Moniker support.

.UK domains (and most other country code domains) must be renewed two months before expiration or you lose them. The only way around it is to set them to auto-renew.

On the other hand I've got this from Nominet FAQ FAQ

If a renewal request is not received from your registrar, we will send you a renewal reminder by email. You will have 30 days to arrange for your registrar to renew the domain name. If we do not receive a renewal request for your domain name within 30 days of the expiry date, the domain name will be suspended. It will then be cancelled 60 days after suspension if we have still not recieved a renewal instruction for your domain name from your registrar.

Which is from a completely different angle it seems to me, saying that it will be suspended 30 days before expiry and cancelled 30 days after expiry.

And of course (link above from miss-chiff) Moniker says they will delete .co.uk domains 6 days before expiration.

Can anyone square the circle here? Is there a Moniker rep that can make sense of it?

Editted: Beginning to realise this is a Moniker thing, isn't it? It's not ordained by Nominet?

Eugh.

Thinking aloud, maybe it might be a good idea to transfer my co.uk domains to a registrar that deletes my domains 30 days AFTER expiry rather than 60 days BEFORE expiry. Not that I can make head nor tail of it, because Moniker says it deletes them 6 days before expiry in the link above from Miss-chiff, and 60 days before expiry in the email I recieved from support.

I need help :)

P.S As an aside - don't want to start a new thread for this - has anyone else noticed that the Moniker backend throws up occasional errors? Just now the security level showed as unlocked for two domains, but refreshing the page then showed that they were locked.

Last edited:
•••
.UK Discussion, Sales and Showcase

Couldn't find a thread dedicated to .co.uk (and related .me.uk & .org.uk) so here it is.

Feel free to discuss the .UK ccTLD, report any sales and showcase your .UK domains here.

Thanks.

•••
How to contact the registrant of a UK domain?

I not found email in public whois of dot UK domain.
Where can query more detail?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back