IT.COM

The battle for ouch.com (DNF)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you're not yet following this open thread at DNF, take a few minutes to do so. It's a fascinating scenario, if not a mini movie of the week:

--> SORRY ... Link removed by moderator <--

Scott

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just PMd Adam to see what the situation was. I would have banned it too if a bunch of idiots kept spamming people with the name of another forum. That still doesn't justify the removal of that forums link from this one. That link is a very good story to read up on and will probably save a few people a LOT of money.

•••
Adam responded and said he is considering lifting the ban that he did not place. I will let you know if he does then you can add the link back to DNF from here. Since tit for tat should work both ways!!!

•••
I would have removed the ability to post the name if it was my forum also and that type of activity was a problem.

I;m not arguing the merits of either forum removing a link to a thread and agree that there are many useful threads that could be linked to between the sites.

But why should this forum have any less right to practice "censorship" of links pointing to a competing site if thats what it is?

•••
DNF

See it is not banned by this forum, just a moderator deciding to delete it because he wanted too.

•••
hehe....

I did undestand that the mod wanted to delete it...but nice trick anyway ;)

Reminds me of that street magician that levitated...that was funny.

•••
Originally posted by mr webname
Actually typing "Namepros" at DNF brings "********" so it's a case of tit-for-tat, I don't think Domainstate has any policy on it.
Personally I think it's a shame that we can't just all get along like one and refer to one another's sites, but there we are - that's life.

Agreed. Everyone in this business frequents every board out there looking to buy/sell. Personally I believe the policy of deleting links to competing boards should be thrown out the window. I found the thread about 'ouch" to be very interesting and was a good learning process. I personally think having links to the other boards should be the norm with eveyone. The first board I ever visited was a namepros competitor, but it was one of the members of the other board that provided me with the namepros link. I was very grateful for that. (I know it remained in tact for several days afterwards. May have eventually been deleted, not sure.) I was also very grateful for the link to the "ouch" fiasco. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. But policy is policy. They are made by man and can be changed by man. :) When the links are used as "spam" now that's entirely different.

LSU

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Larry
That statement does not seem to be consistent with posts you have made on other boards webname.

For example, this is your post from DNF

and

It's obvious you were talking primarily of this forum. It would seem difficult to reconcile your "we are the world - cant we all just get along" statement above with your insistence that banned members not be accepted back to DNF.

Larry

p.s. Banning members is just silly unless they have done and will continue to do irreparable damage to the forum.

And quote frankly..it;s waste of time as you can see. I was reading dnf posts within a few minutes of being banned and could pay for membership anytime I want...but as I stated in another forum I saw no valid reason why I was banned and so won't be rejoining there....but I read everything and do business with people there by email ;)

And jh3 - If it is your assertion that a similar post at dnf would not be censored than you are delusional. As webname pointed out...try just typing in the name of this forum there.

Larry your post is just a personal attack - my comments are and were valid and I stand by my two posts above. However I have no personal problems with any individuals here who have been banned from DNF - my view is that some behaved badly and that is why they were rightly banned, where appropriate I have told them personally what I think.
Those banned have made their home here and seem to be doing well, they are not behaving in the same manner as they once did at DNF. Incidently I have never insisted that they not be allowed to return to DNF, only that their return is not a resolution to domain name sales etc - re-read the extracts you quoted.
I am happy to come here and associate with them by using the board, I also value RJ and his friendliness and knowledge of the domain industry.
You have nothing good to say about me and continually voice comments against me when you have the opportunity - that is your problem.

•••
Larry your post is just a personal attack

web. where in my post do you see an attack on you? If you view it as an attack than clearly you feel exposed by your own words.

I merely pointed out what seemed like inconsistencies in your statements from forum to forum. I find your reaction strange but not out of character based on the posts.

Trying to spin it now is a waste of time and I;m sure we both have better things to do than argue about your posts....that I'm sure you thought would not be seen by those previously banned and that are clear about your intentions.

(None of this was about RJ so seeking to find a friend by introducing his name into this conversation is pointless I think.)

You have nothing good to say about me and continually voice comments against me when you have the opportunity - that is your problem.

or - "I'm not paranoid..they really are after me".

That's a silly statement. I don't know you and have nothing against you.

I ALWAYS have a problem with people who try to obfuscate the facts which I have called you on before. If you take that personal than my advice would be don't do it. Apart from that, I would challenge you to back up your statement here about voicing comments against you. In any forum..at any time.

You don't mind if I go do other things while I wait for your links to that info do you? I suspect it will take awhile.

Larry

•••
You have made similar accusations on DNF, DS and now here at NP - it's your problem you must deal with it.
Those that know me can make up their own minds, including those who were banned and who you claim to speak on behalf of.

•••
Originally posted by mr webname
You have made similar accusations on DNF, DS and now here at NP - it's your problem you must deal with it.
Those that know me can make up their own minds, including those who were banned and who you claim to speak on behalf of.

Exactly.

Once challenged to prove YOUR statements, you can't come up with a SINGLE thread. You just offer more ridiculous statements to try to blow off the last statement you made that you can't prove.

That's your problem web. It's easy to SAY anything. Where you seem to run into problems is saying the SAME thing from forum to forum. You might want to start keeping a notebook of your posts so you can reference them before you go to another forum and post thoughts that fly in the face of your previous thoughts.

And, to set your record straight once again...I never claimed to speak for anybody but myself. I may not agree with the opinions of the guys that were banned, but at least they had the backbone to stand up and say what they believed.

Trying to put a nice spin on your posts didn;t work and attempting to suggest that I have attacked you resulted in no proof...just more twisting and turning.

None of this makes you a bad person...just inconsistent. ( but, not being able to come up with any "attack" that you claim I have made on you in the past is not good for your credibility...it just proves that you would probably say just about anything).

I think this conversation has run it's course.

•••
Been reading thru all the pages.. Its getting VERY interesting :)

•••
If you haven't been keeping up it is getting very hot. :)

•••
if it cools down i'm sure you can get a bigger stick and stir it back up jh3 ;)

i've been reading it off and on today. you couldn;t make some of that stupidity up...but like many I suspect there is some collusion

•••
Can we all just move on!

Walk the dog, purr with your cat, chase your mouse, breath deep, listen to some nice music, enjoy, life goes on...

And of course, continue to be very careful in all your domain dealings -as always!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back