NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ya know, come to think of it, 3DBullshit.com probably coul be made out to a good website lol But I'm not even gonna check to see if it's avail ;)

Actually, as a blog, 3dBullSh*t might work with adsense on it. Would never sell for much $$$ though :lol:

•••
Why not register the domain then?

The domain 3dwindshield.com is [available]

Brad

lol. I saw this domain available a few weeks ago, thought about it for just a minute and didn't register it. Reason being..... a 3d windshield would be a huge safety issue with perception of objects from their true distances and would not be useful in any way. Besides......everything we see around us is 3D when in motion.

•••
•••
I've done a look into the much-hyped 3D domain field and found that there are a LOAD of them registered. So I figured that I'd make a list of remaining 3D domains, in the case that anyone here is interested. These are separated into 4 groups: (un)hyphen .com and (un)hyphen .net: http://www.namepros.com/available-domain-names/648637-available-3d-com-net-domains.html#post3781942

Holey moley...that's a big list. Nice job! None for me though...no cash! Although i would like a nice
3DPie.com:wave:

•••
It's a big list but there were more 3D's taken than you might think :)

Holey moley...that's a big list. Nice job! None for me though...no cash! Although i would like a nice
3DPie.com:wave:

•••
3D Garbage Dump :!:
(This Way)​

And you guys wonder why I don't post on this thread very much anymore?

It's because you have made it a garbage dump!

Remember, We need eco-friendly posts to make 3D domains marketable!; at least the premium ones anyway....

•••
I don't and had never catered in 3D domains but no matter how it's put: if a person has money and sees a domain they want, they'll try to acquire it. I doubt 99% of 3D domains have a relevant use but if ppl wanna reg them, more power to them.

3D Garbage Dump :!:
(This Way)​

And you guys wonder why I don't post on this thread very much anymore?

It's because you have made it a garbage dump!

Remember, We need eco-friendly posts to make 3D domains marketable!; at least the premium ones anyway....

•••
I am not a big fan of 3D domains overall, but I am a fan of niche product domains.

I picked up 3DShutterGlasses.com
The term already has solid search volume.

Brad

that's a good name that should give a decent return at some stage

•••
Nice name Brad. (3DShutterGlasses)

I Had to add one more..... (in 2 extensions)

3DSportsClips.com

3DSportsClips.co.uk

Considering the emphasis (at this point at least..) is on the sporting event side of things, I think these 2 may have a good chance if developed, or for resale! :)

INTERESTING 3D NEWS ...

Shaw to Be the Exclusive 3D Provider of Masters Tournament in Canada

Motorola files patent for 3D technology in a flip phone | Electronista

Sir David Attenborough 3D Show To Be Broadcast On Sky 3D TV - 'Flying Monster' Studies Dinosaurs | Showbiz News | Sky News

•••
I don't and had never catered in 3D domains but no matter how it's put: if a person has money and sees a domain they want, they'll try to acquire it. I doubt 99% of 3D domains have a relevant use but if ppl wanna reg them, more power to them.

rep given for the time taken , not that i spotted one name i thought was relevant to my perception of the changes that are coming in the future now that the critical mass have 3d on their mind

i was going to let my xxx3d.tv drop but i wll renew it when the time comes i think

•••
@saucey

Regarding those two hyphenates, as I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, "3-d" actually gets search volume with the hyphen, so if you're going for a hyphenated 3D name, having it between the 3 and the D would seem to be the way to go.

Frank

•••
@saucey

Regarding those two hyphenates, as I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, "3-d" actually gets search volume with the hyphen, so if you're going for a hyphenated 3D name, having it between the 3 and the D would seem to be the way to go.

Frank

Good news!

Thanks for the good news! :)

Tried to rep ya... but I've shown you too much love lately...won't let me. ;)

So far, my biggest traffic names (that I'm aware of...) are,

3dmoviesonline
3donlinemovies
3dmoviedownloads
3dtorrent (net)

I will have to keep an eye on the 3-d names.. :cy:

•••
Thanks for the rep. Really, I was bored, taking a break from writing ad cleaning lol So I complied the list. I actually saw a few there that might be good to reg but I'm just stepping outta domaining and don't feel like making an investment outta these things.

rep given for the time taken , not that i spotted one name i thought was relevant to my perception of the changes that are coming in the future now that the critical mass have 3d on their mind

i was going to let my xxx3d.tv drop but i wll renew it when the time comes i think

•••
Stopping domainig? How come?

•••
yesterday i registered these:

3dupdate.com
3dupdate.info
3dupdate.tv

Any views would be appreciated

•••
•••
Piranha3d.com
Underworld3d.com

•••
just regd

3DTOUCHSCREEN.CO.UK

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

jUST REGD

3DFAXMACHINE.COM
3DFAXMACHINES.COM

Last edited:
•••

Just a suggestion:

You might want to take a look at the 3d Pre-Release list on Namejet.

Each day, I usually check out the first and last page.

There is a lot of junk there, but there are also some good ones that have not yet entered into redemption or pending delete.

Also, don't ignore the pending deletes. I picked up one just after it dropped (I didn't think it was worth high XX).

You never know what you might find.

•••
Ms Domainer, congratulations on your Fullbright award! It's always an honor to get your perspective on things.

•••
regd

used3dgames.com - used games is a huge niche.

weird. posted for sale. no takers.

•••
Ms Domainer, congratulations on your Fullbright award! It's always an honor to get your perspective on things.

Why, thank you, lexisdomains.

:great:

I'm having the time of my life, here in Eastern Europe, balancing teaching and domaining and traveling and some writing.

I can't believe I have been here over six months, with only three and a half months left--definitely a high point of my life.

I like to think that I can learn something new every day, and following this thread has helped me to learn more about the drop process, especially the difference between pre-release and pending drop and how the registrars can hold a pre-release that has bids but must compete for pending drops. I try to share what I have learned, even though it may be obvious to most people.

I like the enthusiasm of this thread, but it also scares me a bit because I don't want anyone to lose his or her shirt--including me.

:)

•••
regd

used3dgames.com - used games is a huge niche.

weird. posted for sale. no takers.

"used games" may be a huge niche, but what about used 3d games?

•••

Why, thank you, lexisdomains.

:great:

I'm having the time of my life, here in Eastern Europe, balancing teaching and domaining and traveling and some writing.

I can't believe I have been here over six months, with only three and a half months left--definitely a high point of my life.

I like to think that I can learn something new every day, and following this thread has helped me to learn more about the drop process, especially the difference between pre-release and pending drop and how the registrars can hold a pre-release that has bids but must compete for pending drops. I try to share what I have learned, even though it may be obvious to most people.

I like the enthusiasm of this thread, but it also scares me a bit because I don't want anyone to lose his or her shirt--including me.

:)

Wow - Fullbright! I'm impressed - very impressed.

I applied for one many moons ago and came close, but fell short.

Best of luck with your focus and again congratulations on such a prestigious prize! Where are you in Eastern Europe?

•••
i found this interesting and wanted to share ...

... was looking through TESS records tonight for certain names and guess what i found

... "3D VIDEO" is actually a registered Trademark

" ... Data processing equipment and computers; computer software used to visualize and play back 3D simulations"

... really??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back