NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have D-D-D (dooot com) , developed it into a funny pics site. You guys think I should start all over again and build a site about 3d? DDD (dooot com) is a manufacturer of 3d products.

•••
I just picked up 3dmobile.info

•••
I just cant wait till the 3D tvs arrive as well as seeing were this technology is going to take the gaming industry. I bet we will hit virtual reality within 10 to 15 years.

•••
I got in really late on the 3D run and made the usual noob mistakes but here's my hand.

3D-OD/COM
3D-TVADS/COM
3D-VISIONS/INFO
3D AID/COM
3D BLURAYHIRE/COM
3D BLURAYRENTALS/COM
3D BOLLYWOOD/INFO
3D BOLLYWOODFILM/INFO
3D BOLLYWOODFILMS/COM
3D BOLLYWOODFILMS/INFO
3D BOLLYWOODMOVIES/INFO
3D CELLFONES/COM
3D FINAL/COM
3D HOW/INFO
3D HYPE/INFO
3D INSURE/COM
3D MIGRATION/COM
3D MOVIEBASE/COM
3D OD/INFO
3D RANGE/COM
3D SCOPES/COM
3DTV CHOICE/COM
3D TVINSURANCE/COM
3D VHD/COM
3D VS HD.COM
3D WEEKLY/INFO

Oh and OD3D.tv
There was only .infos left for half of them and I don't know why but I'm kind of embarassed to post em lol:red:
(Well I probably do know why lol)

I half expect the chuck em all in the bin response but I've already started to learn by my mistakes and I would hope that one or two may sell as 3D Goes global. We all know about it but I've spoke to some TV retailers who hadn't a clue it had been developed yet!
I live in hope :0)

Last edited:
•••
I just picked up 3dmobile.info

you have that because i let it drop , even yesterday i had the chance to renew it , but i decided that my .coms are more important , having said that i do think it's a good name and i wish you well

The 3rd of my drops to appear in this thread .....LOL

Probably end being the only ones that sell !

•••
@studio500 - Most domainers are too cheap to spend on a good name (if they even know what a good name is) or never take risks.

You could have saved that money and bought 1 to 2 decent names knowing well that you got in the game late.

There is only so much time left in your life to carry on with this self deception.

•••
@studio500 - Most domainers are too cheap to spend on a good name (if they even know what a good name is) or never take risks.

You could have saved that money and bought 1 to 2 decent names knowing well that you got in the game late.

There is only so much time left in your life to carry on with this self deception.

Yes I fully agree and on reflection I wish I had. I've already learnt so much having spent an average of 8-12 a day reading both here and on other sites. Not to mention the valuable advice given to me by some Namepros members whom I salute.

What I did was go on the usual noob Buy frenzy lol and ended up spending a large amount on a large amount of names.
1000% the wrong thing to do Yeppers!! I know that now lol

As for "There is only so much time left in your life to carry on with this self deception", your not kidding....I have a 60/40 chance of another stroke within 6 months so I hope to start to get it right soon.:| I was going to say I will learn over time lol but sadly time isn't my best friend at the moment.

Last edited:
•••
Howz these for new reg?.

GameDesignsIn3d.com
GameDesign3d.com
3dGameDesigns.com
3dGameDesigners.com

BIN: $1B dollars :)

•••
I have a 60/40 chance of another stroke within 6 months so I hope to start to get it right soon.:| I was going to say I will learn over time lol but sadly time isn't my best friend at the moment.

LOL. When you said "another stroke" - that was alarming indeed.

Your best bet is to buy existing names with traffic and revenue and flip them. Start slow and small.

I wish you well.

•••
LOL. When you said "another stroke" - that was alarming indeed.

Your best bet is to buy existing names with traffic and revenue and flip them. Start slow and small.

I wish you well.

Thanks Biz, I really do appreciate the advice!
I'm still fully functioning at the moment so I count my blessings and life still goes on and I want to make the most of it but without making nooby boobys LOL

My best to you also :)

•••
Hi Mobineer! Long time no see! My personal thoughts on these is....WORTH THE GAMBLE! Not a huge investment here... 3-D does get search volume...Coupled with great key words.. I think it's a smart play! Will it pay off? You tell us! I know you have done well with some of your other developed sites.. ;)

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Computerimage and 3dtube are my fav's!

My most recent reg... which I'm not sure of, but could go somewhere..or not...

3DF**K.TV

I could see future potential in this if the 3d market does what I'm hoping... but still, could be at least a few years before a name like this pays off IMO...

Anybody else have a thought on this adult related domain?? (could be interesting to watch a channel like this ;) )

Thanks, Saucey -- yes, long time. Nice to see you got in on the 3D. My philosophy - worth the gamble, very little to lose.

Per the developed sites and apps, all doing well -- but lots of work. Need a vacation.

best of luck to you, amigo!

•••
you have that because i let it drop , even yesterday i had the chance to renew it , but i decided that my .coms are more important , having said that i do think it's a good name and i wish you well

The 3rd of my drops to appear in this thread .....LOL

Probably end being the only ones that sell !

I couldnt pass it up. Thanks,
Not a homerun by any means but still a good name. I like some of the .info's for some of the upcoming technology. Think it fits real well.

•••
good luck with pjam , i did reg it so of course i liked it , just giving preferences at the moment ,

Dnninja 3dgamedesigns sounds like a good name , bummer you couldn't get 'gamedesign' without the plural !

•••
I got in really late on the 3D run and made the usual noob mistakes but here's my hand.

3D-OD/COM
3D-TVADS/COM
3D-VISIONS/INFO
3D AID/COM
3D BLURAYHIRE/COM
3D BLURAYRENTALS/COM
3D BOLLYWOOD/INFO
3D BOLLYWOODFILM/INFO
3D BOLLYWOODFILMS/COM
3D BOLLYWOODFILMS/INFO
3D BOLLYWOODMOVIES/INFO
3D CELLFONES/COM
3D FINAL/COM
3D HOW/INFO
3D HYPE/INFO
3D INSURE/COM
3D MIGRATION/COM
3D MOVIEBASE/COM
3D OD/INFO
3D RANGE/COM
3D SCOPES/COM
3DTV CHOICE/COM
3D TVINSURANCE/COM
3D VHD/COM
3D VS HD.COM
3D WEEKLY/INFO

Oh and OD3D.tv
There was only .infos left for half of them and I don't know why but I'm kind of embarassed to post em lol:red:
(Well I probably do know why lol)

I half expect the chuck em all in the bin response but I've already started to learn by my mistakes and I would hope that one or two may sell as 3D Goes global. We all know about it but I've spoke to some TV retailers who hadn't a clue it had been developed yet!
I live in hope :0)

Biz has a good point. Spending a bit extra on one name is sometimes better than spending less (per name) on alot of names. Having said that... I am the "bulk reg freak", so don't worry. ;) The non-risk taker (and probably smarter) domainer would take Mr.Biz's approach.. I however believe in gambling. Currently I have...hmmmm.. I'm not exactly sure... 50..60..70..100?? 3D related domains. A few I have already grace deleted and some I look at now and scratch my head.. but the majority have a chance... SO, if you want to get in at ground zero on something... (and I believe that is where we are with "3D".. the elevator is just starting to move upwards..),then if you can afford it, take the risk! But take it on names that have real meaning.. ie. I have names like 3DHighDefinitionTV(s).com and 3DHollywoodMovie.com and 3DStreamingMovie.com and 3DOnlineVideo(s).com and 3DHdHomeTheatre.com. These names might not be worth tens of thousands of dollars.. but they stand to make some profit IMO. because they are directly related to the product/technology. However, names like 3DFinal and 3DMigration and 3DRange are, IMO, not related in any way.. but, maybe I'm missing something. I don't claim to know what I'm doing...I'm just telling you the way I think. Others here may...or actually.. DO think differently than me.

Just thought I'd give ya another point of view. ;)

BTW.. I like 3DBollywoodFilms(dot)com. Great name IMO. :)

•••
Saucey,
If you read my initial post, I pointed to domainers not taking enough risks. I do not believe in the all safe approach either. But risks has to be "educated risks" devoid of any emotions.

My domaining strategy is similar to yours. I zero in on a niche with 10-50-100 names. Whatever it takes. $800 or $1600 for a two year period is a safe bet I will make 5-10 times over. It works over 90% of the time for me.

What studio500 did will help him learn faster as opposed to those who are very conservative.

•••
"... I do not believe in the all safe approach either. But risks has to be "educated risks" devoid of any emotions."...

Precisely! Well said.

•••
3d mobile phones will be massive, and the new watch phones coming out, think maybe the watch phone might be the future of mobile phones!

Last edited:
•••
just regd

3DWATCHPHONE.COM
3DWATCHPHONE.CO.UK
3DWATCHPHONES.COM
3DWATCHPHONES.CO.UK

•••
Biz has a good point. Spending a bit extra on one name is sometimes better than spending less (per name) on alot of names. Having said that... I am the "bulk reg freak", so don't worry. ;) The non-risk taker (and probably smarter) domainer would take Mr.Biz's approach.. I however believe in gambling. Currently I have...hmmmm.. I'm not exactly sure... 50..60..70..100?? 3D related domains. A few I have already grace deleted and some I look at now and scratch my head.. but the majority have a chance... SO, if you want to get in at ground zero on something... (and I believe that is where we are with "3D".. the elevator is just starting to move upwards..),then if you can afford it, take the risk! But take it on names that have real meaning.. ie. I have names like 3DHighDefinitionTV(s).com and 3DHollywoodMovie.com and 3DStreamingMovie.com and 3DOnlineVideo(s).com and 3DHdHomeTheatre.com. These names might not be worth tens of thousands of dollars.. but they stand to make some profit IMO. because they are directly related to the product/technology. However, names like 3DFinal and 3DMigration and 3DRange are, IMO, not related in any way.. but, maybe I'm missing something. I don't claim to know what I'm doing...I'm just telling you the way I think. Others here may...or actually.. DO think differently than me.

Just thought I'd give ya another point of view. ;)

BTW.. I like 3DBollywoodFilms(dot)com. Great name IMO. :)

I Forgot to mention a few more I have stashed away:lol:

ALLABOUT3D/INFO
FIND3DTV/COM
HYBRID3DTV/COM
IH3D/COM
INSURE3D/COM
LOVE3DTV/COM
MOBILE3DPHONES/COM
STEAM3D/COM
UHD3DTV.COM
WHAT3D.INFO
XXXTUBE3D.COM

Yes I fully agree about Range, Migration and Final although the latter meant Soccer Final to me but if nobody else sees that it's worth diddly. I have scratched my head over many names that I have chosen and also many names that I have seen chosen by new and experienced members too.
I think that when choosing a domain as well as the usual factors age, traffic etc that if you have to shoehorn a name in any way to fit a category then it's already over.
The name should jump out, have instant identification with the category chosen and be memorable.
The names you mentioned above being perfect examples ie, 3DOnlineVideo etc
I think we are all taking risks once the killers have gone but the learning process (for me) and experience(for others) is intended to minimise those risks.
I still think it's funny how we can get attached to a domain that we personaly believe in and wonder why no one else does lol I see it time and time again in the forums. To me they are all worthless but all have differing levels of potential.
I'm willing to take risks Yes and I think that is a healthy attitude but at the moment my whole portfolio is a risk which I hope over time can become a security.
I just need to weed My Portfoilio garden a lot more and pick better more gauranteed to germinate premium seeds lol

Thanks for the Input Saucey, I value your view.:)

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Saucey,
If you read my initial post, I pointed to domainers not taking enough risks. I do not believe in the all safe approach either. But risks has to be "educated risks" devoid of any emotions.

My domaining strategy is similar to yours. I zero in on a niche with 10-50-100 names. Whatever it takes. $800 or $1600 for a two year period is a safe bet I will make 5-10 times over. It works over 90% of the time for me.

What studio500 did will help him learn faster as opposed to those who are very conservative.

BizNews
I think that quote "Educated risks Devoid of any emotions" is bang on Target.
It can be hard to supress emotions when selecting a domain and one can easily be drawn into a frenzy (a bit like panic buying).
At the end of the day in any successful business it should be quality not quantity. The key being to be able to identify real quality using the fundamental basics. I guess speculating for noobies is not the best idea a bit like running before you can walk.:imho:

Last edited:
•••
just regd

EXTERNAL3DHARDDRIVE.COM
3DHARDDRIVE.CO.UK

•••
I Forgot to mention a few more I have stashed away:lol:

ALLABOUT3D/INFO
FIND3DTV/COM
HYBRID3DTV/COM
IH3D/COM
INSURE3D/COM
LOVE3DTV/COM
MOBILE3DPHONES/COM
STEAM3D/COM
UHD3DTV.COM
WHAT3D.INFO
XXXTUBE3D.COM

Yes I fully agree about Range, Migration and Final although the latter meant Soccer Final

There are a couple in that list that have a good chance at turning a profit IMO.

As far as "Soccer Final"... You have limited yourself to 1 game a year... Unless you farm out the name to several different leagues, or pick up the feed for "soccer final games" or something.. But, then if the league(s) wanted a name like that, they could just reg it themselves.. "3dPremierSoccerFinals" Or 3dFifaSoccerFinal" or "FifaSoccerFinal3d" etc.. :)

•••
Just regged
3DLongIsland.Com

•••
the best domains are gone```````

Yes you are a bit late to this party, but if you look hard enough, you may find a gem out there.

•••
Plenty of great domains out there, just have to look at what things can be turned into 3d! I know of 5 great 3d domains names but im skint at the min, will defo reg them if their still available when i have money

•••

I just regged

3DOnTheGo.com

OnTheGo3D.com​

I had been stalking the first one on NameJet, but, again, decided it was too risky for speculative investing, so just decided to try to catch on the drop. I lucked out (maybe!).

I like the term "on the go" very much--very related to mobile phones; I think that mobiles WILL soon offer 3D options and may (probably long after I have shaken off this mortal coil) offer a full holodeck-type 3D experience, either through a kind of laser light technology OR through 3D portals in theaters or gamerooms.

Woo! My head IS in the clouds today!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back