Domain Empire

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ouch...4 TM domains on your first purchase ?

•••
ouch...4 TM domains on your first purchase ?

Yeah, as I said before, there is so much TMs showcased (and being justified by their owners) in this thread, which will only help new members to lose more money.

•••
I tend to stay away from this thread because the vast majority of names listed here are crap, and the market for 3D names is incredibly over-hyped.

That said, there are some gems, and by "some" I mean a handful.

All of those 3d gems were taken years ago, some over 14 years ago.

But just like most domainers, I do gamble on trends. But "gamble" doesn't mean throwing your money on god-awful names just because you put a "3D" in them somewhere.

When I looked for 3D names to reg, not buy from someone else, I only found 2 names worth regging.

However, a bit more research showed that the term "S3D" is a term that's gaining popularity.

I thought it was a smart gamble and that's why I picked up about 20 "S3D" names. I made sure that all the names I regged were not only popular with Google in the "3D" category, but also had a good number of sponsored links.

Since all of the "3D" names were taken, I regged "S3D" names. Names like "s3dModeling.com", "s3dSoftware.com", "s3dMovies.com", etc.

Long story short, it may turn out to be nothing, but I sincerely believe that Saucey is on to something.

What are you talking about? I think I am missing something here, and I'm sure once you explain it, I will thank you. A3D is some company's attempt at 3 dimensional sound.. what is that you say.. I dunno, couldn't be bothered to read the rest of the article once I realised it had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

S3D, however, is an interesting beast as pointed out in the article posted by funky Mark... Stereoscopic 3D PC market: $0 to $34 billion in 4 years | TG Daily

Wow! That's alot of revenue in 4 years time for Stereoscopic 3D!

Excerpt from the article... "...The new stereoscopic 3D home standard is not just heading to your TV, it's also making its way to the PC market. And analysts predict that as many as 75 million 3D PCs will be sold in the next 4 years.

Jon Peddie Research has released a report that suggests a very rapid adoption of stereoscopic 3D (S3D) computers. The research firm predicts that the market, which hardly even exists at this point, will explode - from less than one million units sold in 2010 to a staggering 75 million by 2014...."

Now call me nuts... but I think for 7 bucks and change...
S3DComputer.com is a hell of a reg.

•••
I have to say the average quality of registrations on here was very poor from the outset but it has taken a dive recently with all those worthless TM names. If people draw a lesson from all this then maybe the money will not have been totally wasted. But I guess some are going to cut losses and move on to something else. IMO...

•••
•••
I have to say the average quality of registrations on here was very poor from the outset but it has taken a dive recently with all those worthless TM names. If people draw a lesson from all this then maybe the money will not have been totally wasted. But I guess some are going to cut losses and move on to something else. IMO...

There are no more 3d TM domains being registered than in any other niche or category. With more and more people looking to trade in domain names ( probably due to the economy ) it will probably get worse.

•••
•••
This could be pretty big for me as i have '3dHolographics.com' and '4dHolographics.com'

i just hope the '3d' term stick around with it.

Very cool stuff... thanks for the share :)

No probs! You may have to hang on to 'em for awhile.. but for around $80 bucks total, it may be worth it. Ya never know! Good luck!

Don't know alot about the .mx extension..(mexico)... but picked up 3dpc.mx. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

PS3 goes 3D on June 10

News: PS3 goes 3D on June 10 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

•••

your a classic , you basically come to this thread and bash it and then go and bash the .tv thread

is there anything you like ?

•••
your a classic , you basically come to this thread and bash it and then go and bash the .tv thread

is there anything you like ?

Hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion - First amendment...

Some people feel compelled to provide "critical advice", even when not solicited.

It's not in my nature to bash other peoples' domains, my company's competition, movies, art, technology, etc...

But that's me --- the one thing I advise -- never take anything personal, and please note the words of the great Irish poet W.B Yeats...

"the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

in other words, take the path you've chosen...and accept those consequences, rather than bellowing out to those who may have taken another

•••
i am happily here and asking why always the negative feedback , not only on this thread but also others

consequences ? what are you on about ?

•••
i am happily here and asking why always the negative feedback , not only on this thread but also others

I think it must be male menopause!!!

•••

I think you misunderstood me - well, I'm certain you did.

I was referring to the other party to stop bellowing, and not you. What I meant was we need to just not take these opinions on a personal level; although, I agree, I have no idea what compels these critics to continually pass unsolicited opinions.

The person in question seems to cast an opinion (often negative) about a plurality of domains, extensions, etc --

But I just let it pass. That's her opinion, not mine.

•••
I tend to stay away from this thread because the vast majority of names listed here are crap, and the market for 3D names is incredibly over-hyped...
I think most of us would really like you to stay away a little longer, like permanently.
That said, there are some gems, and by "some" I mean a handful.

All of those 3d gems were taken years ago, some over 14 years ago..
Only a handful of gems left huh? And all 14 years old? WOW, what are they? I must register them straight away!!!
But just like most domainers, I do gamble on trends. But "gamble" doesn't mean throwing your money on god-awful names just because you put a "3D" in them somewhere...
How about listing your non god-awlful names in this thread for us to peek (or giggle) at.

When I looked for 3D names to reg, not buy from someone else, I only found 2 names worth regging....
Only 2 names huh. Gee, 3d must be really popular. What were the 2 names? We are all fascinated by this great find?
However, a bit more research showed that the term "S3D" is a term that's gaining popularity.

I thought it was a smart gamble and that's why I picked up about 20 "S3D" names. I made sure that all the names I regged were not only popular with Google in the "3D" category, but also had a good number of sponsored links.

Since all of the "3D" names were taken, I regged "S3D" names. Names like "s3dModeling.com", "s3dSoftware.com", "s3dMovies.com", etc.

Long story short, it may turn out to be nothing, but I sincerely believe that Saucey is on to something.
hmmm...do people really search on s3d? I would imagine that 3d or stereo to the layman is probably a more common search, but not sure about sd3. Aren't you just sticking an "s" in front of 3d? Anyway, we'll all follow your recommendations. Hope i don't have to sell the house!!

•••
Hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion - First amendment...

Some people feel compelled to provide "critical advice", even when not solicited.

It's not in my nature to bash other peoples' domains, my company's competition, movies, art, technology, etc...

But that's me --- the one thing I advise -- never take anything personal, and please note the words of the great Irish poet W.B Yeats...

"the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

in other words, take the path you've chosen...and accept those consequences, rather than bellowing out to those who may have taken another

This entire thread is like watching a small child mindlessly wandering along the edge of a steep cliff. At times, it's impossible to resist the urge to shout out and say something.

•••
FIRE!

Just wondering why people weren't buying A3D and not S3D as I would think AutoStereoscopic would be superior to Stereoscopic.

I just regged.

AS3DHDTV.com

Taking bids of $100,000

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

and i speculated a few steps further and grabbed
• 3dTestDrive.com

I thought this was the greatest idea - Test Drive a car - ON the web - Game style - in 3D vision... picture the different locations you would be able to test drive your car in - all three dimensional controls and dashboard... man, that would be killer!

And someone with the capital to develop this. You don't think they'd have (a) A Corporate name and (b) the money to afford a gTLD or .COM?

•••
spot the trolls is better way of commenting about some of the visitors to this thread ......you know who you are

sorry nametrekker

•••
Found this today .... thought it was pretty interesting to see how you tube implemented changes into their online video players already to accommodate the obvious infusion of online 3d:

YouTube in 3D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANcspdYh_U

•••
Found this today .... thought it was pretty interesting to see how you tube implemented changes into their online video players already to accommodate the obvious infusion of online 3d:

YouTube in 3D
YouTube - YouTube in 3D

Cool promo .... Good to see the "tube" investing
and more importantly marketing "3D".

Personally this works great with a couple of my
new picks.

3D fight / tv
3D fights / tv

NN

•••
Opinions welcomed on the following

3d Bikini TV .com

3d cruise TV .com

3d hd sports .net

3d online school .com

3d school . org

3d sports cars .net

3d workout tv .com

3d tv sports channel .com

thanks

•••
•••
I think most of us would really like you to stay away a little longer, like permanently. Only a handful of gems left huh? And all 14 years old? WOW, what are they? I must register them straight away!!!
How about listing your non god-awlful names in this thread for us to peek (or giggle) at.

Only 2 names huh. Gee, 3d must be really popular. What were the 2 names? We are all fascinated by this great find?
hmmm...do people really search on s3d? I would imagine that 3d or stereo to the layman is probably a more common search, but not sure about sd3. Aren't you just sticking an "s" in front of 3d? Anyway, we'll all follow your recommendations. Hope i don't have to sell the house!!

1. I'm here. Get used to it. You speak for "most" of the people here? Your arrogance amazes me.

2. The 3D gems were registered a long time ago. You can't reg them, only buy them from the owners. For a list, re-read this thread. They're in there.

3. S3D is a gamble, as I said. But I didn't take S3D and stick it in front of any old term.

4. And yes, people really do search on "S3D". More searches and more links now on "S3D" than just 6 months ago.

5. And if you don't believe there are "god-awful" 3D names in this thread, then you obviously still haven't learned what to look for when buying names. Good luck to you.

•••
Threads like this are why I stopped watching TV -- just no need for both.

I wonder if the number of registrations in this thread (quality or "other") have reached the point where, in aggregate, we could have just petitioned ICANN for a .3d top-level?

Aside from the .mobi landrush I can't think of anything in years that seems to have gotten people as worked up as 3D has. I hope we can revisit this thread in two years or so and see how many of these domains have actually sold or even been developed, or even "developed" (eg. WP-O-Matic type sites.)

Frank

Last edited:
•••
- - - -
in other news, i recently purchased a KILLER name in the aftermarket for a very, very reasonable price... only downside, is it's a dot-net - but still a great name...
not a product, but arguably, bigger than that (not games either, sorry)

... i will reveal once the name hits my account :)

OK .. the name finally hit ..
Me Happy! :)

I setup something REAL, REAL simple on the site, so there's not much to be excited about there, however, everything is now in place for expansion once i decide what i want to do with this site (SO MANY options!)...i'm just looking for SERPS right now

• ONLINE3D.net

Please feel free to visit the site as well as offer feedback on the name itself.... ideas a plenty.

Thanks all :)

•••
Threads like this are why I stopped watching TV -- just no need for both.

I wonder if the number of registrations in this thread (quality or "other") have reached the point where, in aggregate, we could have just petitioned ICANN for a .3d top-level?

Aside from the .mobi landrush I can't think of anything in years that seems to have gotten people as worked up as 3D has. I hope we can revisit this thread in two years or so and see how many of these domains have actually sold or even been developed, or even "developed" (eg. WP-O-Matic type sites.)

Frank

What? You're not even going to watch 3D TV? :o

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back