IT.COM

discuss Thank you Radix, NamesCon(.)Online and NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Anyone here go to the NamesCon Online conference? While I didn't, I plan to go later because it was virtually online. So why would I be thanking Radix? Because Radix is the registry behind the extension .online.

Here is what the good folks at NamesCon said about Radix;

"The Right Extension for the Right Message"

NamesCon also said this;

"the .online extension remains a total no-brainer for us! We love .online because it both conveys and strengthens our message: it’s easy to remember, simple to share, and powerful in its storytelling. This is what a domain name is supposed to do, after all.

So thank you again, Radix, for helping us smoothly transition NamesCon from offline to .online!"

While nothing is in concrete, I'm looking to partner in some capacity with the fastest growing new gTLD in the world. I see .online as serious competition for the millions of .com domains hiding in the wine cellar just collecting dust because the average business consumer just can't afford them. Someone, not me, but I agree there are literally BILLIONS of dollars of perfectly good domains in the cellar that an even better extension is ready to replace.

Finally I want to thank NamePros for giving me a voice and letting me share my opinions with thousands of domainers the world over.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For sure. I would say with all the issues going on in the world with the pandemic, economy, healthcare, climate change, etc. surely the hoarding of domains has to be at the top of the list.

First Bulloney solved world hunger with his Gourmet Olympics domain, now this....what a guy!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-an-8-47-domain-absolve-world-hunger-and-malnutrition.1164212/

Brad
Agreed. I think he's really onto something.

@ThatNameGuy - You probably have some good friends at the CIA and Homeland Security that you should bring into this as well.

•••
Agreed. I think he's really onto something.

@ThatNameGuy - You probably have some good friends at the CIA and Homeland Security that you should bring into this as well.
I know you're being flip, but my first cousin who has a degree from MIT in nuclear energy is;

Paul xxxxxxxxx, now a principal with The Chertoff Group, previously served as deputy secretary for the Department of Homeland Security, where he managed the day-to-day operations of the 220,000 employee-strong agency and was responsible for an annual budget of $52.6 billion.

You know, I may even know the Pope:xf.smile:

•••
I know you're being flip, but my first cousin who has a degree from MIT in nuclear energy is;

Paul xxxxxxxxx, now a principal with The Chertoff Group, previously served as deputy secretary for the Department of Homeland Security, where he managed the day-to-day operations of the 220,000 employee-strong agency and was responsible for an annual budget of $52.6 billion.

My dad works at Nintendo.

Brad

•••
•••
First Bulloney solved world hunger with his Gourmet Olympics domain, now this....what a guy!

And what have you done exactly, besides hoard little pixels on a computer screen?

•••
And what have you done exactly, besides hoard little pixels on a computer screen?

True. Sometimes you really need to reflect.

Yeah, I have sold thousands of domains to end users in the last 10+ years...but really what did I accomplish in the field?

You see Bulloney solving all the world's problems one at a time, and it really gives you something to strive for!!!

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Wait... you know Paul?? I'm impressed. I actually heard that the annual budget was $52.9 billion at the end of his tenure. I believe the airport body scanners were due for an upgrade that year.

So where does DHS sit on all these hoarding shenanigans?

•••
Wait... you know Paul?? I'm impressed. I actually heard that the annual budget was $52.9 billion at the end of his tenure. I believe the airport body scanners were due for an upgrade that year.

Shenanigans? It's a bunch of malarkey. We all know where Joe Biden stands on malarkey!

I wonder if NoMalarkey.online is available?

1575852902178.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Shenanigans? It's a bunch of malarkey. We all know where Joe Biden stands on malarkey!

1575852902178.jpg
MakeMalarkeyGreatAgain.online! Wait... that doesn't sound right.

•••

I actually had picked up Malarkey.online last week, but after I saw No Malarkey on the bus I own that now too. I haven't checked for Bulloney, but now that I'm GOATGUY.online, I might "invest" another $ for a little Bulloney....God my Pop Pop made the best Bulloney and Eggs.....ever had fried Bulloney?

•••

Yeah...i told you Paul is my first cousin. Just to change the subject matter a bit I just registered the domain;

SuicidePrevention.online and it's not for resale. The only payment I'd like as a result is the saving of a single life regardless of race, creed or color. If you would like to comment on it or have any suggestions how you might contribute, I just started a thread titled "Suicide Prevention Online" because it's important enough to me not to muddy the waters of this thread. Enjoy your day.

•••
True. Sometimes you really need to reflect.

Yeah, I have sold thousands of domains to end users in the last 10+ years...but really what did I accomplish in the field?

You see Bulloney solving all the world's problems one at a time, and it really gives you something to strive for!!!

Brad
Brad you and Joe and anyone else following me and this thread are invited to zoom into my Kiwanis meeting in Virginia Beach this Thursday where I'll be the guest speaker talking about Racism, Suicide Prevention, and I may touch a little on Faith (not Christianity). If you're interested jut let me know your email address, and to keep this thread on topic here are a few more investments I made this am;

GetFaith.xxxxxx
FaithDefned.xxxxxx - not by me, but rather by Wiki
FaithChoices.xxxxxx and FaithChoices.kingcom
HomeSweetHomes.online

Feel free to ask my reasoning about any of the above. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ok, I'll bite.

What was your reasoning behind registering a misspelled .online and a .kingcom (which must be a brand new tld as I haven't seen it before)?
typo for Defned pure and simple, and kingcom was just to make a point, however i did register FaithChoices.com because it was available as well as well as the .online version.

Any more questions?

•••
Any more questions?
Have you considered adding a hyphen to your typo .online domain? Defned-Choices.online. Could it be the name of your next billion-dollar business?

•••
How do you think Thomas Edison invented the light bulb? How about Henry Ford the automobile? The Wright Brothers the airplane? Alexander Graham Bell the telephone?
Science, real life science that had actual trials, obviously failures, but then more trials and success!

How much success has .online so far? Pfft
How many websites are on a .online ext? Pfft
How many domainers have made any reasonable profit from more than one or two for it to be a sustainable business? Pfft

Oh and BTW, perhaps a bit ironic on the topic of forecasting based market predictions and innovation. Of the 4 people you mention, 3 of them didn't actually invent what they were credited for.

1. Edison was not the only person trying to invent an incandescent light bulb, and many at the same time and before him had working prototypes. His was just a bit better. That is not invention.
  2. Karl Benz invented the car with the first patent, Henry Ford only mass produced a car afterwards.
  3. Many people had a telephone invention the same time as Bell did, he was just first to patent and go public. Like the light bulb, numerous others had working prototypes around the same time.
  4. And while generally the Wright Brothers are credited as the first to fly an aeroplane, there are strong debates that they did not fulfil the full criteria of it being legitimate due to having assisted take off requirements.

My point being, your research abilities are flaky :xf.laugh: :-P :whistle:

•••
The truth is that if new gTLDs are ever going to really take hold and become an option almost as viable as .com, there will reach a point where there's an explosive increase in sales and registrations, and if/when that time comes then it'll be the early adopters who will be sitting with all the best names. The business of being an early adopter is risky, but the payoff is potentially very big. I think that's what @ThatNameGuy is after.

But, if this boom does happen, and it probably will at some point, there are literally thousands of extensions, and while it's likely some will be preferred over others, which ones are is anybody's guess.

As it will be internet "users" that drive this, including more hobbyists and low budget businesses, then perhaps people will favour the fun ones, or short ones, or ones which have precise meaning to their cause or whatever.

Perhaps .online is not one of them because it's long and contradictory to it's purpose? If there are so many to choose from, why would ".online" be he preferred choice? Even if it is, with thousands of them, it's not so likely one will shine above the rest and so I predict many will become mainstream, this greatly dilutes the value of them given the plethora of choice.

This is entirely speculative, but is as valid a speculation that .online will boom. In fact it's more likely .online won't boom based on my above common sense arguments.

I've said it before, I wish well on anyone, including domainers taking a stab at a potential future market. Good luck :)

•••
Have you considered adding a hyphen to your typo .online domain? Defned-Choices.online. Could it be the name of your next billion-dollar business?
i know you're game so i won't
But, if this boom does happen, and it probably will at some point, there are literally thousands of extensions, and while it's likely some will be preferred over others, which ones are is anybody's guess.

As it will be internet "users" that drive this, including more hobbyists and low budget businesses, then perhaps people will favour the fun ones, or short ones, or ones which have precise meaning to their cause or whatever.

Perhaps .online is not one of them because it's long and contradictory to it's purpose? If there are so many to choose from, why would ".online" be he preferred choice? Even if it is, with thousands of them, it's not so likely one will shine above the rest and so I predict many will become mainstream, this greatly dilutes the value of them given the plethora of choice.

This is entirely speculative, but is as valid a speculation that .online will boom. In fact it's more likely .online won't boom based on my above common sense arguments.

I've said it before, I wish well on anyone, including domainers taking a stab at a potential future market. Good luck :)
Sure, and Reservations.Online makes no sense at all to you, but remember I'm not selling my domains to you. btw, I'm not a domainer, and please don't insult me like that. Never in a million years will you have a clue how I intend to utilize WhistleBlower.online. That would take you thinking outside the box and I don't believe you're capable:xf.rolleyes:

•••
btw, I'm not a domainer, and please don't insult me like that.

Calling you a domainer seems like a compliment considering the alternative term, squatter.

I always thought of you as a domainer. Never actually thought of you as a squatter. I guess if you're not a domainer, or a squatter, could you be that name hoarder?

Whatever you want to call it, I love your passion for domaining.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, and Reservations.Online makes no sense at all to you
Well, forgive me for having a modicum of intelligence and common sense and seeing them as a pure gamble.

but remember I'm not selling my domains to you.
Thanks for the much needed reminder. What an idiot I am I just didn't realise.

btw, I'm not a domainer, and please don't insult me like that.
You literally just said it's an insult be be called a domainer, and so inadvertently you just insulted all who call themselves domainers.

Or made them glad to have the dissociation perhaps...

Never in a million years will you have a clue how I intend to utilize WhistleBlower.online.
Of course not, I agree 100%, I couldn't imagine with my tiny dried up brain how that domain could "IN THEORY" be used. Of course my common sense and lack of being able to jump on stupid business plans limits me from actually going for it. You on the other hand boast that you find such endless money pit ideas easy to come by and run with.

That would take you thinking outside the box and I don't believe you're capable:xf.rolleyes:
Yes as a professional web developer I just have no clue how to think outside the box. Heck I'm so dumb I don't even know what that means.

Is thinking outside the box risking all your money on a crazy venture that has no historical sales or other investors from which to be able to draw some legitimate validity to said investment?

Gah what do I know? I'm just a dumb domainer that cannot fathom your genius nor think outside the box. That was what you said, right?

•••

I totally agree. I don't see value in the .online extension myself. I was just voicing where I thought the OP's head was at. :)

•••
Calling you a domainer seems like a compliment considering the alternative term, squatter.

I always thought of you as a domainer. Never actually thought of you as a squatter. I guess if you're not a domainer, or a squatter, could you be that name hoarder?

Whatever you want to call it, I love your passion for domaining.
PassionMatters....especially online:xf.smile: btw, I'm the guest speaker at my zoom Kiwanis meeting this Thursday morning. I'll be speaking about Racism and Suicide. Would you like to join me and hear what I have to say about, bias, prejudice, bigotry and racism in the world today? Seriously, you're welcome to come and engage if you would like. There's a way to reach me through my info page here if you care to learn something new from an old guy like me.

•••
I totally agree. I don't see value in the .online extension myself. I was just voicing where I thought the OP's head was at. :)
So Joe...i'm again the proud new owner of the domain Reservations.Online. You wanted me to tell you when GD lowered their price from $500,000 to a buck again to keep me happy, but I'm still not happy and they know it. I've spent a little over $800 for 800 .online domains, and that was for AddictionHelp.online and SuicidePrevention.online. I won't ask for your comments because I know your agenda:xf.wink:

•••
GD lowered their price from $500,000 to a buck again to keep me happy

They gave you a 50k domain for $1, this is obviously a "gift" to get you to put the whistle away. They aren't in the business of giving away $49,999.

I'm disappointed that you'd accept that.

•••
They gave you a 50k domain for $1, this is obviously a "gift" to get you to put the whistle away. They aren't in the business of giving away $49,999.

I'm disappointed that you'd accept that.

Makes sense now that Radix has been exposed for being a hoarder themselves.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back