Dynadot

Tell me what you think!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is the first real site i've done and i would love to hear any comment/suggestions you may have. This is the redesign of DEETonline.org and it can be found at www.deetonline.org/new
thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like it alot! Nice layout,Colors flow well,Easy navigation,Very well done IMO

•••
The layout and design is very professional and cordial. I really like the homepage. Nice use of colors and eye flow. There are a few issues regarding usability though.

• I noticed you are using frames. Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to use frames and is not neccessary for the nature of this site. Frames makes it harder for search optimization with search engines among other things.
  • You do not have a valid DOCTYPE declaration at the top of your pages. It is mandatory for most current markup languages and without one it is impossible to reliably validate this document.
  • A very small thing to consider. When you are letting the user know that certain fields are required, make the asterisks a bright red color or bigger. I don't mean to sound nit-picky but that's what I noticed while browsing your site ^_^

Overall, the site is very clean and orderly. You did a great job on the navigation and the management of your content. I always know exactly where I am in the site which proves that the navigation was done correctly.

Good Job!

•••
thank you

thanks for the comments, i really appreciate it. it's great to get a fresh perspective.

•••
I really like the desing. Navigation is also very easy. All I have to say is Great Job :)

•••
•••
hunkydori6 said:
Hi, this is the first real site i've done

for the first real site you have done, I commend you.

Regardless, if this wasn't you're first design I would still give you great marks.

•••
OK, firstly, nice site. However, it uses flash when it just isn't necessary. You could have got the same rollover effect (minus the movement) by using Photoshop and it would still be just as slick.

If it is in frames, then that is terrible. Frames are bad, they should never, ever, ever be used in a design. The only exception to me is if one of my clients goes on non-stop about me using them, then I'll consider it!

Also, all the sub-pages are totally different to the main homepage. This just spoils it, make them all the same layout!

I know, I know, my reviews are tough, but these are my comments and what I think to the site. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice site, there are just a few niggling things.

Will.

•••
thanks

again, thanks for the comments, they really help. One more question-- does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could make the homepage and content pages more linked? i realize they are still somewhat separated and not very unified. i've looked at it for so long, it would help to have someone else's eyes take a shot at it.
thank you!

•••
Wonderful design!Great job!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back