Dynadot

discuss Suggestion on selling my first domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

manojahi

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys.
I recently started buying domains and have around 50 domains now (com + co + net + io)

I have listed them on most of the marketplaces such as dan, epik, sedo, afternic, GoDaddy.

I just want to sell atleast one domain from my portfolio but don't know how to. What to do anything other than listing on the marketplaces.

Thanks in advance :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, this is advice I have posted a few times before, but I think it will help anyone new to the industry.

Firstly, stop registering anymore domains. Having 50 names without a sale is far too many. Thats already over $500 in renewals alone.

Dont buy 100s of names thinking you will sell them all, it wont happen, buy 1-5 names and try and sell them, if you cant sell them, dont buy more, research and learn what you are doing wrong. Just remember if you sell a domain now for $1500, you havent made a profit if you add up your 2020 renewal costs.

Set smaller goals, invest say $500-$1k and buy a couple of decent names and then try and sell them for decent profit to end-users. If you do manage to sell them, reinvest that money into more names. If you dont have a good understanding of what makes a name valuable and how to find end-users, you will end up with a lot of names that wont sell. I would spend a few months reading this forum before buying any names. Check our Namebio.com and DNJournal.com to see what type of names sell.

Check and make sure you have a whole list of potential buyers before buying a name, its not use having a name with no buyers? Biggest mistake domainers make is thinking the buyers will come to them after buying an average domain. This wont happen unless you have really good names.

Don't hand register any names, email owners of decent names and find a bargain.
Don't buy names and then just park them or put up a landing page waiting for a buyer.
Email potential buyer individually and ask if they are interested.
Its always better to spend $100, $200 or $500 on 1 or 2 names that will at least sell, rather than 50 or 100 average names that will end up expiring. Quality of Quantity
Focus on a niche you are familiar with
Focus on getting the best .COM names in that niche
Stay away from the new gtlds as well, most end-users have never heard for them
Shorter is better in domains, most of the time anyway
Dont mix numbers and letters
Stay away from hyphens
Stay away from company names/Trademarks

Hope that helps
Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back