Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

information Don't make this mistake

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

zattack

Established Member
Impact
128
This is the second time I made the same mistake of not adjusting the price at all marketplaces.

Yesterday one of my domains was sold on Afternic for a much lower price than what I've listed on DAN. Though I had updated the price couple of days back on DAN, I totally forgot about Afternic.

I'm sure the buyer must have seen the DAN landing page with a higher price and went ahead with buying it on Afternic DLS.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Remember to update your pricing at all marketplaces.
 
5
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
This is the second time I made the same mistake of not adjusting the price at all marketplaces.

Yesterday one of my domains was sold on Afternic for a much lower price than what I've listed on DAN. Though I had updated the price couple of days back on DAN, I totally forgot about Afternic.

I'm sure the buyer must have seen the DAN landing page with a higher price and went ahead with buying it on Afternic DLS.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Remember to update your pricing at all marketplaces.

Don't be so hard on yourself :) If someone has lots of domains, the maintenance becomes a huge burden, it's not fun at all, and it makes domaining feel like a regular job. It's natural one makes mistakes.
 
4
•••
I have purchased a number of domains this way, I decide I want a particular domain and one of the first things I do is check out all the marketplaces. If I see it cheaper on any platform I grab it there and you lose.

So there you have it from the other side...

As a domainer we can be the victim for this but we can also benefit from it.

Just depends which side of the fence you are on.
 
4
•••
You should have a BIN on one marketplace at a time only. The rest should be Make Offer.

Put a minimum offer on all too.
 
6
•••
it is also a tactic to get sales from domainers
you price your domain cheaper on one marketplace
 
3
•••
How can a seller forget to update prices on other marketplaces? I can not understand it. Price is the most important thing, is the reward for a seller for his hard work. A seller who loves his job can not make such a mistake even for once. No offense. Just a friendly advice. Such a seller should ask himself if he really loves his job or hates his job.
 
1
•••
You can use this technique to sell name.
If you want to sell for $1,000 then post $1,000 at one place and $5,000 at other places.
 
4
•••
I read that Afternic is going to do some feature updates in 2021, a bit of it can already be seen in the seller admin interface. I really hope API integration is on their list.
I don't use DAN, but maybe they already have an API? That would make it so easy to write a script that automatically updates prices (almost) everywhere.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back