Dynadot

strategy Should we still bother with listings on the "triple-three" Marketplaces?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
Placing listings on the big three marketplaces, Afternic, Sedo, and Dan, has been routinely suggested on Namepros. However, now that Afternic and Dan have both fallen under the GoDaddy Branding. Sedo appears to have remained independent.

The simplicity of having the domains in only one or maybe two marketplaces would be a welcomed change. One marketplace that stands out above the rest. At least from the GoDaddy-related domain listings, one would now question even if having Dan and Afternic is that helpful.

Should we reconsider the big "triple-three." Would perhaps a choice of Sedo and Afternic or Dan make more sense now?

Note that this is being posted after recurrent challenges I have had signing into the Dan account This has been a good thing, I guess, as it has provoked more thought into the wisdom of trying to keep track of domain selling in multiple placeds.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess, none. I have them all listed myself there. :xf.smile::xf.smile:
Generally speaking, with your verification DAN will remove all the ''leftovers'', no?
I' m not sure how well their new verification system does.

The issue with Dan had been that after removing all my domains from them and closing the account, other sellers then were posting some of my domains for sale. Their verification system didn't appear to be addressing that, and it took about a week to get Dan to remove the spurious listings after I alerted them.

Please note, though, that I absolutely respect that Dan is a popular platform and works for many of the domainers here. My preference is to list elsewhere for now, due especially to these verification issues.

•••
I' m not sure how well their new verification system does.

The issue with Dan had been that after removing all my domains from them and closing the account, other sellers then were posting some of my domains for sale. Their verification system didn't appear to be addressing that, and it took about a week to get Dan to remove the spurious listings after I alerted them.

Please note, though, that I absolutely respect that Dan is a popular platform and works for many of the domainers here. My preference is to list elsewhere for now, due especially to these verification issues.

I've heard about this problem, but honestly - if someone is selling your domain - what do you care? :xf.smile::xf.smile:
Let them sell - free commercial for you, another channel. Some middleman is probably selling it much higher than you to buy it from you later and keep the difference - that's the only sense I see to sell someone else's domain )
I wouldn't worry about it at all )) Matter of fact, someone might see it at DAN, didn't like the high price, come to you to Afternic or own page and buy directly from you - what's bad about it? ))

•••
I've heard about this problem, but honestly - if someone is selling your domain - what do you care? :xf.smile::xf.smile:
Let them sell - free commercial for you, another channel. Some middleman is probably selling it much higher than you to buy it from you later and keep the difference - that's the only sense I see to sell someone else's domain )
I wouldn't worry about it at all )) Matter of fact, someone might see it at DAN, didn't like the high price, come to you to Afternic or own page and buy directly from you - what's bad about it? ))
Well, that assumes that someone will have the insight to check the other marketplaces.

Curiously, I've been able to sell domains on Afternic at much higher prices than what was listed at other marketplaces--even with a lower BIN elsewhere. The higher prices had reflected in part the higher commissions at AN--which appeared to be worth it considering their level of performance.

Some folks clearly don't check the other aftermarket sites. So, they may see the marked up price on Dan, and be turned off by it.

If they want to sell it, ask me.....we could have considerd a brokerage agreement. At this point, I would think the other marketplaces also would not be happy about losing potential leads and commissions to some curious scoundrels like this.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back