IT.COM

Status Thread For NamePros Forum Upgrade

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Hey everyone!

Work is already underway on a major upgrade to our forum, centered on an upgrade to the vBulletin software version from 3.0.6 to the newest 3.8 version. This will be the first full site update our site has had in the last four years.

Our NamePros Dev Team (which is just me at the moment) is working on the software on a separate development server from a comprehensive list of 22 unique features of NamePros that would need to be rebuilt to work on the new platform. There will be some features changed, some removed, and a few new ones added when the changeover is made.

I'm starting this thread now to keep the community updated with the progress of the upgrade and to discuss what changes there may be in the site design and layout. My goals with this update is to keep the "feel" of the site as close as possible to what it is now, while bringing new features online to provide a better experience for our members.

As always, suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

RJ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NPQueen said:
Slowly sweetie... you have to breathe slowly. If you cant there are brown paper bags in the NP Basement next to the mini fridge.
Found the mini-fridge, all the brown paper bags are gone >:(

Cyberian said:
If you find a bag with a leafy green substance in it.. thats Marks, leave it alone.
I did find that bag ;)

Steve said:
Mark's finally trying to lose weight by bringing salad to work?
It's not salad....where's that dang chocolate :guilty:

•••
•••
If you read section 15 verse 2 of the mods book you will find

Contents of fridge

Chocolate.. NPQ
Funny Looking Grass Things in Paper Bags .. Mark
Beer RJ
Other odd Alcohol ... Cybee but open to sharing
Pigs .. galel
Taters... Joseph
Salads Jenny
Bananas and cucumbers .. Mine :guilty:

Dont get me started on the freezer ;)

•••
Pffft - just do what I'm doing .... Opening as many NP pages in different windows/tabs as I can. This way I can at least pretend it's still up :p
You can also save the complete pages to your desktop and edit the html occasionally to make it appear the pages are active :guilty:

•••
Mark said:
Pffft - just do what I'm doing .... Opening as many NP pages in different windows/tabs as I can. This way I can at least pretend it's still up :p
You can also save the complete pages to your desktop and edit the html occasionally to make it appear the pages are active :guilty:

LOL :great:

•••
Mark said:

Oh Marky...you really do need this holiday!
It'll be ok sweets :hearts:

Peeks in freezer to see what Michelle is looking at D-: (shuts it quick)

DO NOT OPEN THE FREEZER!!!

•••
mis_chiff said:
Peeks in freezer to see what Michelle is looking at D-: (shuts it quick)

DO NOT OPEN THE FREEZER!!!
OMG, Loretta Bobbit was here?

•••
Guess what??? RJ is awake. Another hour and we will officially be in upgrade mode D-:

•••
.... And the hours go by like minutes

•••
•••
•••
ok he is dressed and wondering around gathering all he needs to head down to the office

•••
NPQueen said:
ok he is dressed and wondering around gathering all he needs to head down to the office

Quick...hide his keys :p

•••
Whew!!! He has informed me that there are a few more things that he needs to get ready before taking NP down for the upgrade! We have been given more time!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

•••
Steve said:
Goodbye, old NamePros! :'(
ya, I'll miss the classic NP look.. even for a couple years before I joined lurking off and on I always felt at home here. :hearts:

•••
Can't wait to see the new NP! :tu:

•••
Cyberian said:
.... And the hours go by like minutes
Thats because its still up.

When it does go down each minute will seem like an hour.

I hope RJ uses his superpowers and completes this in a couple of hours :lala:

•••
Mark said:
:sold:

Goodbye old NamePros! :wave:

•••
Samit said:
  • Groups
  • Weekly Live Auctions
  • Central Marketplace
  • $1 No Reserve Auction subforum
  • Ability to 'save searches'
  • NPGear™ Store
  • "Gift icons"
  • Instant Sales
  • Beer on Tap
  • Ferraris for mods

Good luck, if you need any help let me know. :tu:

Weekly auctions would be great (am I the only one who misses them?). A NP Gear store would be pretentious and kinda arrogant. Otherwise, I'd shop there lol More forums are needed (more adult forums, a $1 NR auction forum etc. Maybe an 'adult domains/websites with traffic' forum?) I think there should be a place in the site where domain owners can have their domains featured for sale... and the whole Ron-popping-up-in-the-screen's-corner-and-shouting-TOASTY! idea is far too great to not incorporate lol I should do that with my www.mortalkombat.info :tri:

Cyberian said:
OMG, Loretta Bobbit was here?

Actually, I think Dahmar left some food in the freezer... but I'll take some bananas and beer if they're still there :) And the leafy green stuff... herbs. Yeah. Sure. :D

•••
We expect to be offline at 3:30 PM PST today until its completion tomorrow.
Just noticed that...Happy Upgrading :'( :xf.love:

•••
mis_chiff said:
Just noticed that...Happy Upgrading :'( :xf.love:

Yeah. Goodbye old NP. We'll miss you :D

•••
•••
NPQueen said:
Any minute now.... :'(

Good Luck with everything :tu:

Come back soon....pleeeeeease :yell: :hearts:

•••
mis_chiff said:
Good Luck with everything :tu:

Come back soon....pleeeeeease :yell: :hearts:

We'll send you a card while you're gone. And a fruit basket :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back