IT.COM

Starting a registration business, step 1?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
What's the best way to set up an Enom account for re-selling to the public. Does anyone here have any advice on what to do with an Enom account. I'm looking for someone who already registers domains through Enom to the public, someone that has a site set up to do this, like registerfly. Just wondering where I could get a pre-made site, or should I go with RegisterRocket. What's the cheapest way to go with this whole thing?

Don

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It all looks so interesting, now I just have to build a new site for registrations and see how this whole thing works out.

Don

•••
Originally posted by KingDon
It all looks so interesting, now I just have to build a new site for registrations and see how this whole thing works out.

Don
You may want too consider buying
DNkey.com from me, it would make a great reg/domain resource site.. PM if interested!:bah:

•••
I'm going to use one of my 4 letter domains for the registration site, Anaz.com I have to do something with it, and I like that it's simple to spell. Thanks again Wanda,

Don

•••
You should contact TheWatcher here on NamePros, they have a few registration sites

his site is http://www.needname.com/live there is infos there on starting a registration site :)

•••
RegisterRocket is very limited, and so is eNom PDQ.

The most successful eNom resellers, like NameCheap, RegisterFly, etc use the eNom API. IMHO it's the only way to go. eNom offers free sample API scripts for download, if you're ambitious enough to develop your own system.

Otherwise, there's dramsystem.com which is a pretty good set of API scripts for setting up a eNom reseller site.

•••
Yea I want to do my own site, the other sites look so cookie cut. I'm pretty good with HTML, and I have someone that's going to work with me on this, or should I say clean up my mess. Thanks for all the info guys, it's definitely food for thought.

Don

•••
API needs someone way above a HTML coder. :) The API is pretty complex and requires pretty good knowledge of the coding language. I run http://www.snagmyname.com which is a PDQ and we have customized the design a little bit (as much as we could). It makes us a little bit of money but unless you are going to really promote it then it doesn't pay to develop your own site.

•••
I have a plan and the person I'm working with is really good at this stuff. Right now I'll just enjoy renewing my names for $6.95 and saving a buck. But if it takes me a few months to get this together, so be it. I have an idea that just might work, and if it does I will be rich!!!!!!

Just got another sale for $800 today on one of my domains, I think it's a great price since we started out at $50 "5" e-mails ago. Let's see if he makes it through the escrow process. I hope you guys are calling and e-mailing end users!!!!

Don

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back