Dynadot

SquadHelp now allowing installments over 24 months?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Logged in to SH and had a message pop up that said that with any $2000+ domains, buyers now have the option of making payments over 24 months (old max was 6).

I have several issues with this. First, they have made the default 24 months, without consulting with the domain seller. When I submitted my names and agreed to the terms, I agreed to a max 6 month installment plan. I just disabled the installment option, but had one of my names sold on a 24 month plan between the time that SH made the change and when I disabled installments, I would not transfer the name. That isn't what I agreed to, SquadHelp.

Another issue I have is the threshold ($2000) in which they made this change. Simple math tells me that $2000 / 24 = $83.. before SH takes their sizable commission. That means if you sell a name for $2000, you can expect less than $60 per month for the next 2 years. I'm confident that I can hand reg and sell a name for $60 each month. I'm not about to give up my $2000+ name for those small payments that will hardly be noticed.

If SquadHelp wants to change the defaults on new submissions, that is fine. When the new submissions are made, the seller at that point would need to agree to the 24 month installment period. When I submitted my names it was 6, which is what I agreed to. To me, changing the terms without seller permission is unethical.

Interested in hearing the thoughts of others on this.

Thanks for reading!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't cope with 12 months, let alone 24. It's optional anyway

•••
Same here. My domains went to 12 months from 6. I dont want $116 a month for a year.

This needs more options by the seller.

•••
I can't cope with 12 months, let alone 24. It's optional anyway

Seems like it is optional, to a point. If you want to allow installments, you are allowing 24 months of them. I'm unable to find any way to move my max installments back to 6 months, so I removed the option altogether.

•••
Same here. My domains went to 12 months from 6. I dont want $116 a month for a year.

This needs more options by the seller.

Couldn't agree more!

•••
This is nonsense. I am not able to disable the installments from my phone either, and putting it at default without my consent makes me twitch.

•••
I just received an update from sh. Seems they now allow sellers to have control over the instalment options @GrantP?

•••
Thanks for tagging me.

Sorry about any confusion. As per our recent announcement, here is a quick summary:

* If you had previously allowed installments, they will continue to be offered for 6 months as before
* You now have complete flexibility to change the number of months, disable installments, and offer extended installment plans on some or all of your domains.
* You can now make all of these changes in Bulk (instead of enabling installments individually).

•••
Guys you can even bulk disable the installments

•••
Thanks for tagging me.

Sorry about any confusion. As per our recent announcement, here is a quick summary:

* If you had previously allowed installments, they will continue to be offered for 6 months as before
* You now have complete flexibility to change the number of months, disable installments, and offer extended installment plans on some or all of your domains.
* You can now make all of these changes in Bulk (instead of enabling installments individually).

This must be a recent development, as before I disabled Installments, BudgetCannabis dot com was showing a 24 month button. I also didn't have the option of changing the number of months. My only option was to disable Installments by removing the check from the check box.

Recent, as in within the past couple of hours, as it was just a couple of hours ago that I got the message, and chatted with Janice to voice my displeasure about this.

If that is the case, thank you for implementing these steps.

•••
Good news.. turns out it was a recent development. Just got this message:

Hi Paul,
**Updated Announcement**
We had previously sent an announcement regarding expanded installment plans for 12 months and 24 months.
We understand that some sellers want more flexibility about how many months of installments to offer on their domains. We agree with this, and we are pleased to announce some additional changes related to installment options.
You can now setup custom installment options by making bulk changes to your domains. From your Marketplace Listings page, select multiple domains and click "Edit Domains".
From the popup, you can now select an installment option that works for you. You can also disable installments from the section.
We believe that by offering longer periods of installments, we would be able to sell even more domains to buyers who are looking for more affordable, monthly payment options.
At this point, the 24 month option will only be offered for domains priced at $2000 or above.
We have updated our Terms to allow for longer installment durations. There are no other changes to our policies related to how we handle installment payouts to sellers. Here is a link to our Installment Terms:

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/domain-marketplace/marketplace-domain-installments-terms-for-sellers
If you had previously enabled installments on your domains, they would stay enabled with the default "6 months" option. You can change them to 12 months or 24 months using the steps mentioned above.
We are committed about improving our platform every day, so please keep the feedback coming!

•••
@GrantP there should be a sub-menu to track review of rejected names. I sent out 5 names for review, only 3 were attended to and the remaining two are hanging somewhere . Now, I can't even remember the 2 pending names. In this case, how do I track ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back