NameSilo

Squadhelp.com announces White Label Domain Marketplace, A New Game-Changing Offering For Domain Sell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Squadhelp is introducing a white label solution that looks pretty cool at first glance. Setting up the Marketplace takes less than 10 minutes, and it comes pre-configured with powerful features such as Instant Search technology, AI based Domain Recommendations and modern, beautiful landing pages that are optimized for conversion. The entire Marketplace is custom branded: […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In future, you may be able to add domains owned by others to your own WLM, and earn a commission if that name is purchased from your WLM.

Wow This Feature Will be the best. Our WLM will be a making machine site.

•••
Wow, they are moving in the right direction. I had a test site up and running, but were forced to shut it down because of to many bugs.

I'm currently using Efty, but have to say, if they keep improving and it turns out they can offer pretty much the same for free, I seriously have to reconsider switching to SH completely.
I agree... I hope they invest in improving the designs next and even offering more looks.

It seems personal logos wont be advertised by them... but they are pros and cons in everything.

•••
Yes I agree with you to make it look Professional and legit you should get a custom domain.

But anyone, how we can get a custom email [email protected] ? which email provider or registrar will make that happen for a cheap fees?

one more thing I have tried to setup a custom email in zoho.com before, but when I change the NS other than my registrar the email stoped working, and the same I think will happen if you setup an email and the domain is pointed to SH nameservers the email will not work.

My registrar is namecheap, hosting is bluehost, email is zoho.

Use Advance DNS Settings, look for A Record, MX Record, etc.

•••
Show attachment 163718

IMO buyers will think they will get a "Complimentary Logo design". I hope SH don't display it if we don't provide the logo design to avoid confusing.
It appears the problem seems to be solved. The complimentary logo option now only appears on your names that are SH premiums or names that SH designed a logo for. All you names with imagery of your own no longer shows this option.

•••
Did you install one before you setup your WLM too? I'm confused. If I point my domain to SH, where do I install SSL?

Yes I did.
1. Install SSL on your host.
2 Change A record. as their suggested.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding: "In future, you may be able to add domains owned by others to your own WLM, and earn a commission if that name is purchased from your WLM."

I personally do not think this is a good idea as people may add premium domains to their WLM in order to establish a sort of legitimacy to their marketplace. Example, someone owns car.com as is selling it on their personal SH WLM, then a bunch of other WLM starts adding that domain to their own SH WLM, it will just be a mess. If I owned such a premium domain, I would want it to be sold on my own marketplace as that would bring credibility to my marketplace.

I see your point. I guess it's a give and take. But if that illusion of legitimacy cause the name the sell faster then the owner may not mind. And as someone mentioned...the owner may have the option to opt into having their name published all over for more exposure. It sort of feels like an innovative way to broker domains..where average folks get to broker names and earn commissions. Like i may think, oh man that guy has my name on his site and it boosts his image...but i wouldn't complain if it brought me 5 extra sales right now. Someone else may hit the hammer on the head where you or i missed. it also sort of feels like affiliate program. I saw catchy.com trying this but it's a bit scrappy imo.. SH may actually make this viable..

Your point is valid...but maybe the pros outweigh the cons.
I mean you still have to get the people to your site to buy.... Your WLM wont be the landing page for these names. So you still have to put in the work to make a sale happen over someone else. It's good exposure. One person site makes a name pop out more. While having it at a huge marketplace among millions of other names may cause it to miss a buyers eyes. Not everyone is searching for a specific name. I'm sure if they make this possible, they will explain the benefits and their thinking behind it.

•••
I know what they are and that they are popular. My concern is regarding the terminology used. Endusers are not domainers, so "short names" have much broader appeal than a "hack".

True the term hack these days refer to computer/financial/personal hacking but I see it as like "to chop or cut" like hacking a tree. Chopping up a word into 2 places creates a domain hack. Anyways, short names would be the best place for DH on SH for now.

•••
Someone in this forum thread: https://squadhelp.com/t/...hat-i-think-could-really-help-sellers/8913/17 counted that Squadhelp is mentioned 9 (!!!) times on every WLM sales page.

We put effort into attracting traffic to our WLM marketplace. Some probably even put money. Once we have traffic ... ALL potential buyers are then bombarded with SH advertising. If they click on any of the links, they land on SH homepage where they are encouraged to launch a naming contest (which is often a cheaper option than our premium names) or browse SH premium marketplace (larger pool). Even if they open a chat window to simply ask a question, there's a video that explains how SH works (naming contest, premium domain marketplace, branding consultants). This creates a high risk that potential buyers will drift from our WLM to SH and will spend their money there.

I believe it would be a good idea to add automated affiliate links to ALL links leading to SH. In case of a sale (any kind of sale that is not directly beneficial to us) reward should be a percentage of SH profit. This way if we bring traffic to SH and it results in them earning money, at least we are somewhat compensated.

@Grant, what do you think?

Thanks for the feedback. As shared in the forum post, the SH references were added to build credibility with potential buyers. None of these references (other than the link in footer) are clickable. We will be happy to remove them if most sellers prefer to not have them in their landing pages. In the meantime, we will continue to test different variations of content to see what results in best conversions for the WLM landing pages.

•••
•••
I signed up and was approved in a few hours. looks nice
Are you able to use it immediately? If so, do you have any examples to show?

•••
Looks promising, certainly a challenge to Dan,
and 7.5% isn’t so bad.

Do they let you add your own logos to your domains?

•••
Sounds like a solution for many who struggle to get exposure there, it's a wise product imo. Looking forward to a demo, if anyone that has already been approved can share!

•••
If you are curious to see what a marketplace looks like, I just set one up on

Not terrible for 20 minutes of work, but yeah, there’s not a lot to customize.

One thing that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me is domains I have listed on SH resolve to SH landers upon type-in, as opposed to my marketplace. I noted that they are cutting down their commission if a sale comes through my marketplace.

But if there is now this distinction between sales that come through SH and sales that come through your own white-label marketplace, I think it makes sense to assume that type-ins are traffic “I” bring, and not Squadhelp - and therefore they should resolve to my white-label marketplace.

Thoughts?
Does any of the names @ namespector include SH Reg?

•••
•••
Can other users SH domains be added to the marketplace and collect commission if sold?

Last edited:
•••
Squadhelp landers been underated.
7.5% commission was already there.
The only (huge) problem was related domains from other sellers (with nice logos and fair prices) that visitors would see upon scrolling down. Very sharp substitutes, should I precise.
Seems like we are now able to customize that section and switch it to faqs.
Very nice.

•••
•••
I have a few issues with the new white-label marketplace.
First, when visiting the main domain, you see Squadhelp's premium domains first and also categorized. while the domains you add can't be categorized.
Second, I changed my domains' dns to squadhelp as told in order to verify the ownership, but when visiting the domains, it goes to squadhelp premium domains marketplace and not to my domain.
Any reason? I thought it was supposed to go to the domain they visited.
My store - CheapDomains.net

•••
Total 7.5%
Thanks for your answer, so means if I sell a domain for $1000 I will be getting $925? if the domain is only listed on white label market?

•••
Will have to wait and see. I don't like the idea of paying $5 for the logo per domain. If I have 1k domains to list in there that would amount to paying 5k for the logos.
That's a great deal but 1. I would negotiate on the numbers, 2. I would say about 10% of the logos could have been done better by my cat. Not sure if businesses really want these logos.

Last edited:
•••
I was accepted and as tried I found some errors.( I know its beta version so there are some errors, which will be rectified soon)
When clicking on all domains it shows only squadhelp listed domains.
When buying some domains, some do resolve to checkout page asking for paypal/cc but in some cases there is only a pay button without amount and paypal/cc option.
Some domains dont show correct BIN in landing pages.
On some previously rejected domains I cant save the edits done in descriptions.
One previously deleted basic plus domain dont resolve to landing page, instead forwards to SH homepage.
And You cannot submit these names to Squadhelp contests.

Last edited:
•••
If you have activated make offer on a name, be vary that the BIN will be fully visible and available for purchase at BIN price on this new marketplace.

And the list goes on with stuff that needs to get fixed.

•••
what more examples of "White Label Domain Marketplace" have been made, please share ...

best regards

•••
Got the approval today. Will start to look at it later today.

•••
"Payment methods available for buyers to buy your domain names involve third party payment agents that have their own standard terms and conditions regarding refunds, chargebacks, fees and unauthorized transactions (which we don't control). If a Marketplace transaction on a domain name is subject to payment agents' refunds, chargeback, fees and unauthorized transactions, we may automatically deduct those amounts from your Marketplaces account."

So no protection from chargebacks? That's not good ...
Well, that certainly puts a damper on that! I'll stick to my present method of selling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back