IT.COM

Squadhelp.com announces White Label Domain Marketplace, A New Game-Changing Offering For Domain Sell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Squadhelp is introducing a white label solution that looks pretty cool at first glance. Setting up the Marketplace takes less than 10 minutes, and it comes pre-configured with powerful features such as Instant Search technology, AI based Domain Recommendations and modern, beautiful landing pages that are optimized for conversion. The entire Marketplace is custom branded: […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are curious to see what a marketplace looks like, I just set one up on namespector.com.

Not terrible for 20 minutes of work, but yeah, there’s not a lot to customize.

One thing that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me is domains I have listed on SH resolve to SH landers upon type-in, as opposed to my marketplace. I noted that they are cutting down their commission if a sale comes through my marketplace.

But if there is now this distinction between sales that come through SH and sales that come through your own white-label marketplace, I think it makes sense to assume that type-ins are traffic “I” bring, and not Squadhelp - and therefore they should resolve to my white-label marketplace.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
In my post I Darpan mentioned to me

d) The Marketplace is integrated with several services that are offered by our curated crowdsourced community. Sellers can request high quality logo designs for their domains ($5 per domain), or ask professional writers to create descriptions or classify their domains ($1 per domain).

Thanks. I did see that, which made me wonder if they’re going to allow sellers to upload their own self-made logos (like Dan does, for instance, and I believe Efty?)

In the meantime, I got approved and could check for myself - unfortunately I don’t see an option to upload logos myself. That’s a pretty big dealbreaker for me.

Hopefully they figure out a way to allow that, because I have no desire to pay $5 for logos that are usually very disappointing. That’s generally been one of my biggest gripes with Squadhelp - logos are awful compared to Brandpa and BB.

Last edited:
•••
Signed up and approved as well. Will be testing when I get time.

For a preview, check this site: OnshoreSupport.com

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone!

Our support team received few questions related to Chargebacks based on this thread, so I am providing a response here which was also shared with those who contacted us directly.

During the first few weeks of Beta phase, we plan to add some payment rules that will be configured for White Label Marketplace. These rules will allow us to offer chargeback protection for purchases.

Currently, if a buyer makes a payment via any major credit card (e.g. Visa, MC, Amex or Discover), the purchase is already protected by our 3D secure integration, which means that these purchases are protected from any Fraud. However payments via Paypal are handled a bit differently.

In the next couple of weeks, we plan to make some changes based upon payment amount (e.g. Paypal option may not be available for full price purchases above a certain amount). We also plan to integrate the Wire Transfer option.

Our goal is to offer chargeback protection for all purchases, and we expect the Terms to be modified when above changes are in place within the next few weeks.

There may also be few other glitches during the Beta phase, as shared in this thread - so if you prefer to wait for few weeks while some of these changes are in place, that is certainly a reasonable plan.

•••
•••
Look to be following namesilo and others in trying to get that non physical inventory holding commission. If you have the platform in place, i doubt there is no better business, in regards to taking a cut out of automated bin buys.

Agreed. I was actually expecting Dan to come up with a similar white label marketplace.

It shouldn't be too hard for them to deliver. It would be nice to experiment a bit with this. See if a custom SH marketplace can outperform DAN. The sedo sync option is cool as well. Yeah, fingers crossed. Looking forward to this :)

•••
I cringe a little every time I see someone using a term like "Game-Changing" when promoting a product. It is such an overused PR/startup term for things that are not usually that game changing.

It sounds interesting though.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
"Payment methods available for buyers to buy your domain names involve third party payment agents that have their own standard terms and conditions regarding refunds, chargebacks, fees and unauthorized transactions (which we don't control). If a Marketplace transaction on a domain name is subject to payment agents' refunds, chargeback, fees and unauthorized transactions, we may automatically deduct those amounts from your Marketplaces account."

So no protection from chargebacks? That's not good ...

•••
Look to be following namesilo and others in trying to get that non physical inventory holding commission. If you have the platform in place, i doubt there is no better business, in regards to taking a cut out of automated bin buys.

•••
Looks promising, certainly a challenge to Dan,
and 7.5% isn’t so bad.

Do they let you add your own logos to your domains?

In my post I Darpan mentioned to me

d) The Marketplace is integrated with several services that are offered by our curated crowdsourced community. Sellers can request high quality logo designs for their domains ($5 per domain), or ask professional writers to create descriptions or classify their domains ($1 per domain).

•••
•••
I signed up and was approved in a few hours. looks nice

•••
Best part they charge 7.5% commission less than everyone expect Escrow.com .

•••
What does this mean?
If someomes buys a premium domain owned by someone else on our marketplace, we get 20% commission.
Or 20% of squadhelp's 30% commission?
Is it talking about domain suggestions?
Or are we able to add domains owned by others on our marketplace and earn a 20% commission (brilliant).

This applies to your own premium domains that are automatically visible in your white label Marketplace. If someone visits your WLM and decides to purchase a premium name from your WLM, we will give you back a credit of 20% from SH share of commission. For example, if original SH commission would have been $600, we would refund $120 in case that domain was purchased from your WLM. We have tracking built in, that allows us to track the source of these purchases.

In future, you may be able to add domains owned by others to your own WLM, and earn a commission if that name is purchased from your WLM.

•••
@NameWell Thanks for tagging me. For some reason I wasn't notified or didn't see the ping so I just randomly saw your post now.

As you know, I gave my elaborate opinion about the excessive SH branding at the WLM at SH's forum. SH is awesome and I want the site to get traffic, but not when it's from the white label marketplace because then it stops being a white label marketplace. SH's role in the WLM should be customer support and escrow services. Personally, I would have been happy if this was the only reference to SH at the individual WLM's pages:

Buy Securely
Trusted by over 30,000 customers, our partner Squadhelp handles customer support, secure payment collection and manages the domain transfer all the way to your account.

I added the customer support part because that way this one paragraph can cover all the things SH is doing in relation to the WLM. That's it. All the 8 other mentions are unneccessary (especially the ones about SH being a number #1 naming platform) and can cause potential WLM buyers to turn into SH customers. On these individual pages, the name of the WLM appears only as a logo, while SH's name appears 9 times. Makes no sense. It causes brand dilution and it's simply counterproductive, unnecessary and comes off as an almost desperate attempt to seem legitimate, IMO. I'm aware that some visitors will visit SH anyway. But there's no need for any site to promote a competing site by repeatedly mentioning its url and praising it. I think when a site looks professional and the reps they communicate with are professional- then people won't doubt the site's legitimacy and focus on its offerings. But when it tries too hard and acts without confidence then potential buyers can think- hmmm... something here is off.

Anyway... I hope SH is working on giving people customized options for the amount of SH mentions or just remove the excessive "advertising", as unintentional as it may be.

@GrantP Really cool that the offer center has been upgraded and more information is being given. Great job on that front.

Last edited:
•••
Well well, I might have to revisit my opinion about SH. Can we see any examples of portfolios utilizing this new feature?

•••
If you are curious to see what a marketplace looks like, I just set one up on namespector.com.

Not terrible for 20 minutes of work, but yeah, there’s not a lot to customize.

One thing that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me is domains I have listed on SH resolve to SH landers upon type-in, as opposed to my marketplace. I noted that they are cutting down their commission if a sale comes through my marketplace.

But if there is now this distinction between sales that come through SH and sales that come through your own white-label marketplace, I think it makes sense to assume that type-ins are traffic “I” bring, and not Squadhelp - and therefore they should resolve to my white-label marketplace.

Thoughts?

Agree. Plus no way to know how the sale occurred. Seems like the distinction between SH page and your marketplace will somehow not work in your favor regarding commish and sellers of premium will continue to pay high commish. This rollout works best for people who have no names on SH imo.

•••
I signed up, got approved, now have to start playing around.

•••
SH needs to expand their payout choices if they really want sellers to dive in.

•••
Well, that certainly puts a damper on that! I'll stick to my present method of selling.
I was approved the other day, but after reading through the T&C's will not be using it......

•••
Want to add my own logos and videos.

Not for the moment. The WLM is in beta presently. If enough people badger them for this feature, they might listen.

•••
Regarding: "In future, you may be able to add domains owned by others to your own WLM, and earn a commission if that name is purchased from your WLM."

I personally do not think this is a good idea as people may add premium domains to their WLM in order to establish a sort of legitimacy to their marketplace. Example, someone owns car.com as is selling it on their personal SH WLM, then a bunch of other WLM starts adding that domain to their own SH WLM, it will just be a mess. If I owned such a premium domain, I would want it to be sold on my own marketplace as that would bring credibility to my marketplace.

Opt-in/out option would be fundamental. So that should do it.

•••
Hi. I asked this in the other SH WLM thread but no reply. Are you able to add tabs in the header like "About us" "Categories" "Contact" etc.?

We will be adding this feature in the future.

@GrantP Hi !

There is an issue while uploading the Logo image.

As my experience in programming, you are using same folder for all logos uploaded by users and you don't set and change the name of the image to a custom one reserved for the user itself. And it seem that the image exists, it will not be modified by a new one.

If I upload for example: logo.png, since it already exists it return the first logo of the user that uploaded the same name of file: Crunchname.

Thanks for sharing this. I will pass it along to our engineering team.

Is it possible to have an option to display the Visual Images for Premium Domains instead of the Logo, in the WLM? It will be good for the overall look and "uniformity" of the site's design.

We currently do not have this planned. However if several sellers are interested in this option, we can certainly consider adding it.

•••
We have a major update coming up related to offer center in the next few days (likely next week). This will provide significantly greater level of insights about buyers (not just their country but also several other details that can greatly help with negotiation).

Please continue to share your ongoing feedback. We may not have all the features yet but we are rapidly adding several new features every week, mainly based upon feedback from our sellers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back