Dynadot

.tv Spanish .TV names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Spanish .TV names, are they worth registering? Has there been any decent sales of them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Future Of Spanish Names(dot Tvs)

Recently i have think there were a lot of purchases made on spanish names
especially dot tvs...
so wat do u guys think?
does these spanish dot TVs have a future

comments or opinions

Thanks

•••
•••
I think so. Just picked up canaldefutbol.tv (football channel)

•••
.TV is such a perfect fit for spanish domain names. Its a universal extension which can reach and be marketed to the entire spanish speaking community across dozens of countries. IMO this may be more important in spanish than english since there are so many more spanish speaking countries (and thus so many different tlds).

•••
Thanks for the replys fellows....

•••
consider

Please take in consideration that simple good names that were good in the .com extension will not be good at the .tv

The .tv extension will be mostly good if the domain name is related to something that can be developed in the multimedia field... and not everything is easy or directly related to .tv development...

So good names will be good at the end always, but multimedia related names will be first on the VIP... and then everybody will come to the party...

•••
as said

As i said in other post, let me explain what i think

If you buy freevideos.tv you are there, on the top working and earning or selling for good price... if you buy shoes.tv is harder to develop too specific and as i see the domain names related to multimedia directly or that can be developed in the multimedia field easy and fast are better ones... i know that oficinas.tv is good one, but not directly related with multimedia field, and it will be good in 2 years (for sale) or if you develop something that is not easy to develop...

Meanwhile a list of channels on tune.tv or free pron videos on freevideos.tv is going to have more power in the short term i think, not only for sale but for development...

i would buy only multimedia related names, or the other ones if you can wait until the last part of the 2009 more less..

•••
equity78 said:
Spanish and German definitely worth it

French too. I regged lesbien.tv a few weeks ago, now it receives around 80 uniques a day. B-)

Last edited:
•••
Spanish Domains

bebidas.tv

calzado.tv

medicinas.tv

oficinas.tv

•••
Regged this gem just now!

losángeles.tv (Los Angeles in Spanish)

Any thoughts?

•••
delicious
where did u reply that .tv man???

•••
Looks like an IDN.

Thanks,
A

•••
Sflores,
In general with the way the market is going, I am not sure any of the generic names will be there in 2008, let alone 2009. If you have a good development idea, even shoes can be incorporate into the space. There are many ideas that shoes can fit into (athletics, fashion designers, etc). There have been some great regs in this space and language for a partial cost of some of the other names. As stated before, the value for these names may be lagging behind or not as quite to what the English market is, but how can you go wrong? Just my two cents.

Thanks,
A

•••
•••
..i had a question ,for a spanish user xxx-xxx.tv/net/etc... it is a good way ? for english/american no it's ok... but a spanish... ? reg the xxx-xxx and the xxxxxx ?

( i'm french and a xxx-xxx is not very bad (and good for certain names))

Edit :Godaddy .TV names is for 24.99 this day :) ...

•••
I just regged:

soltero(.)tv
soltera(.)tv

i think soleras is best of all(even from solero.com which has been already registered)

these words means singles for guys, plural(soleros), single for woman(solera)
and single for women, plural(soleras)

lets see how they go ;)

singles(.)tv is premium of $25.000

Last edited:
•••
Makis,
I believe its soltero, soltera, etc. I posted that soltero.tv was still available a few days ago. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
A

•••
yeah,,,,
i did registered by accident these ones...
and the good ones as well

post has been edited

i didnt see that post, last 2 days i m digging non english words to register

•••
hey Radicalnames i recently bought

recluta.tv >>> recruit.tv
transmita.tv>>> broadcast.tv

any comments

•••
chaitanyagoa said:
hey Radicalnames i recently bought

recluta.tv >>> recruit.tv
transmita.tv>>> broadcast.tv

any comments

The correct translation for broadcast is "transmisión" , so transmision.tv would do in this case.
"Transmita" is used in third person singular (such as when saying "he broadcasts" or "she broadcasts")... and would rarely be used alone, so typing transmita.tv does feel awkward.

Transmision.tv is already taken :(
An NO, I did not register it...
;)

•••
some comments on previous posts...

After reading the beginning of this thread, I had to comment a bit on some old posts, so forgive me for reviving those...

mckennaronnie said:
Here is my bried experience with Spanish .tv's:

I bought Juventud.tv a few weeks back, i have been told that "Juventud" means "YOUTH"

You've been told right. Its the EXACT translation and meaning, unlike what the other poster suggests.
So I really hope that you still have your domain... its value will only go up IMO...

radicalnames said:
mckennaronnie,

Although "Juventud" is a generic term and could means "youth", this is a word not used alone in Spanish, so yours is not a premium domain, even if you had the dot com... D-:

A premium domain could be, for example, "Jovenes", meaning "young people", but I personally neither would buy this one...

It "could mean youth"?... It MEANS youth

----

So bad advice...

The domain is a premium domain, and unlike what the poster said, it can be used alone and sounds much better than "jovenes.tv" (think of it in this way... its the same as comparing youth.tv vs youngpeople.tv), plus jovenes.tv is incorrectly spelled. The correct spelling should have an accent (jóvenes.tv) so in this case the IDN will play out to be more valuable in the long run, while "juventud" does not have this problem as it needs no accent, so clearly you have a winner there .

Translation and use of "juventud.tv" is exactly as that of youth.tv, so any organization, tv station or other entity can be very interested in such domain (health, pharmaceutical, religious, etc)

with international names and specially IDN's it's very important to do a good research and ask someone you trust (preferably a native speaker) so there are on surprises

hope it helps :)

•••
Thank You etimmy for your in depth reply on 'Juventud.tv'

I still own this domain though will admit i would of Sold it if i got an OK offer after the member said it may not be correct translation.
I got a few low offers around that point but thankfuly i said no.

Now i am feeling great again about this domain as i feel 100% secure in the spelling. I have always felt this domain has amazing potential but and at standard reg fee then it was a steal.
When i 1st bought this then i swore i would keep it a minimum of 2 years until .tv's potential is showing through then try look for a buyer and i am happy to stick with that plan, i expect a big sale at some point through this through would not advise anyone to buy a foreign domain unless they get expert advice.

Thanks again etimmy, you were a BIG help :great:

Ronnie

•••
Glad you still have it!

Definitely some potential for your domain there.
In my opinion its too early right now for the spanish dot tv to have a high value, as people are not that familiar with dot tv (even english .tv domains are not quite there yet) , but in the case of spanish domains I see this changing quite rapidly and in a very positive way.
Hey, just scanning the local tv channels the other day brought a few .tv's to my attention. I was really surprised to see stations putting up websites for their shows using the tv domain because normally they would just point you to their corporate name dot com or try to get another .com...
I guess .tv just makes it more straightforward for the viewer to get to that content by using the shows name as the domain... Just like picking a channel number in the remote.
I personally think that anything related to the media/broadcasting industry is a great candidate for .tv in any spanish speaking country, first because a lot of the medium/big media players are or will be looking to bring such contents to more than one country because the language is the same. Imagine this... with the amount of country TLD's in latinamerica it would be a pain if they decided to register domains in every country that they expect the content to be in, so having just a dot tv makes things suddenly all more convenient... just one address to advertise to the masses. And second, even if they wanted the dot com they're finding most if not all of that is gone.

I think TV is here to stay! and with the broadcast media now adopting it people will quickly be familiarized... I bet that soon, typing a .tv will be as familiar and commonplace as typing a .com, specially among the new generations.

good luck!
Now... I'm just trying to get some nice chinese .tv's... but man its tough!

Last edited:
•••
Good Luck for your search on Chinese .tv's Timmy, that should keep you busy.

I agree with everything you said about .tv and how we need to be patient and let it slowly sink in, my personal plan is not to sell any of my core group of .tv's for over 2 years (unless i get GREAT offers b4 then)

Already things are changing and more & more people are using .tv. Just like you Timmy i have noticed the increasing number of .tv's being used on TV adverts, i cant go a few hours without noticing a .tv advertised on TV here in UK & i guess its same all over the world.

•••
mckenna,

Yeah my personal holding time is more like 5 years because I am hoping to see an exponential increase in the value of my generic (both english and spanish) .tvs during that time; similar to the way .coms have increased in value over the last 2-3 years.

I hope 5 years is long enough, though. I'd had to sell in 5 years for what I think are good prices only to see the values of my recently sold .tv's double in year 6 then double again in year 7 etc.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back