IT.COM

.tv Spanish .tv Thread -Domains & The Market Is Heating Up!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone,

we have some big .tv investors in the spanish market here and lets form an offical thread on this. the spanish market is being developed, some big sales are happening and offers im hearing. imo the spanish market is forming well, the values on spanish words are going up and with a growing spanish population worldwide, usa as well. one of the fastest growing sectors and fortune 500 companies are taking notice on these facts.

please state why you like the spanish market, your overview on things and list of names you own. english version would help as well!!!

Why I like Spanish .Tv

jim had gotten me very interested in spanish .tv and a couple other .tv investors in this market. i really enjoy this market and reading old spanish posts the past couple years here. i wish i had bought up spanish names when i first came on the boards but i didnt. took me many months to finally realize what jim was saying and i personally owe jim a big thankyou into this area and answering my various questions i had and im sure i annoyed him as well, lol..thanks jim and thats why your spanish .tv king here-you noticed this trend early on and you own a killer portfolio in .tv and the .com. :great:

we always bad talk about demand media and Verisign factors and there big yearly fees on names. one great thing about spanish .tv and growth sector is that most of the key words have not been priced up like the english .tv names. of course there are exceptions to things-news.tv is 7k a year sitting, comedy at 50k and a few others in spanish. imo this is a huge for .tv developments and price appreciation on paper values. eventually the usa market is predicted that the white population will eventually be a minority and the spanish market here in the usa market is huge. american businesses catering to spanish families who do not speak english that well or not at all. the spanish forums have really taken off and there all huge believers in .tv. hope one day namepros .tv forum can expand into the spanish domainer community one day and be a wise chose for rj as well.

My Spanish .tv Names:-please put english version as well for us-makes things a lot easier for us

keyword in spanish (english version)

1. esposa.tv (wife.tv)
2. esposas.tv (wifes.tv)
3. copiadoras.tv (copiers.tv)
4. cachorro.tv (puppy.tv)-purchased and nda through johntv-thanks john!
5. gatos.tv (cats.tv)-purchased and nda through johntv-thanks john!
6. hispanas.tv (hispanic.tv) namejet
7. many more names to announce in the future

(hope to buy more names and will probably try to develope a couple names i am sensing-mainly gatos.tv for sure). need to buy more spanish names and im looking around each day. need to try to keep up with the players in this field(lol) but right now i am in little league learning the market and hope to allocate a huge spanish portfolio before the .tv cruise party!)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can i please ask one of you Spanish speakers to confirm what this means:

Juventud.tv

I believe it means 'Youth' but have never been 100% sure as i do not speak Spanish.
Thanks in advance.

•••
I checked a few sites for you and it appears to been Youth but I not a native spanish speaker.

•••
•••
Mc, 100% juventud = youth :)

•••
vaunter said:
Mc, 100% juventud = youth :)

Thanks Vaunter & ioadomain for clarification.

Youth.tv has a nice feel to it.
I've held it a while, almost sur eit did mean youth but was never 100% certain it was the ideal word for youth or if it was used much these days.

Thanks guys. :)

•••
Wake up Sedo!

Spanish .tv is on a huge upward trend, xxx, xxx sales in .tv and big time developments are happening but yet they won't let .tv in there spanish auction. Got tons of buyers and people want spanish .tv names, sellers may want to move some names and Sedo is missing out on high commissions

Imo

•••
Jeff, When I open my SEDO account I get the following message...

Spanish-themed auction

Sangria, Flamenco and Siesta ? for many people these terms conjures up images of Spain.

At Sedo these names remind us of the rapidly growing Spanish domain name market, in which domain sales grew by a staggering 30% in 2008 compared to the previous year.

Over 400 million people speak Spanish, making it the world’s third most spoken language. The Spanish language is just as desired and searched for online.

Take advantage of this great opportunity for both owners and buyers of domain names in Sedo’s Spanish-themed auction!
Use this chance to bid on quality domains such as afiliados.com, motel.es or ingles.es.

Remember that such generic terms also hold great resale potential.
Don’t miss the last call for you to bid on “lo mejor de dominios” - the very best of Spanish domains.

The Spanish domain auction is scheduled to begin on May 7 at 1 PM and will run for 7 days, until May 14.

We wish you all the best and every success in the auction!

Saludos cordiales,
Your Sedo Team

The only domains I see listed thus far are:

descargas.com
afiliados.com
ingles.es
motel.es

Note that today Domibay S.L. announced the launch of version 2.0 of Juegos.TV

http://videojuegos.tv/xbox/536-Presentacion_JuegosTv

•••
garptrader said:
Jeff, When I open my SEDO account I get the following message...

Spanish-themed auction

Sangria, Flamenco and Siesta ? for many people these terms conjures up images of Spain.

http://videojuegos.tv/xbox/536-Presentacion_JuegosTv

If I am not mistaken, siesta conjures up an image of Mexico, not Spain. But what do I know, since .tv only conjures up the island of Tuvalu for SEDO and their lack of business savvy regarding this extension which they apparently feel the need to cling on to.

Oh well.

•••
Thanks everyone for a very useful thread. After following it for a while, I picked up my first Spanish TV last week -

Mente.tv

It means "mind" - eg. "el poder de la mente" = "the power of the mind"

Gets 1 million broad-match searches per month, according to Google Adwords tool (set to Spanish), and 9,900 exact match

What do you guys think? Was my first Spanish domain a good buy?

Cheers, Jon

•••
imo-i think you could have found a better name at reg fee expense. while i see why you grabbed this and based on searches per month, thats just one of the factors

sorry for not responding sooner-not posting as much...

do you have plans for this?

garptrader-i like your spanish site and music...hope its doing good and getting indexed for you. notice your running amazon affilate program on this, just wondering do you plan any adsense onto site? i havent tried the affilate program yet on my sites and will have to attempt this at a later date.

joned said:
Thanks everyone for a very useful thread. After following it for a while, I picked up my first Spanish TV last week -

Mente.tv

It means "mind" - eg. "el poder de la mente" = "the power of the mind"

Gets 1 million broad-match searches per month, according to Google Adwords tool (set to Spanish), and 9,900 exact match

What do you guys think? Was my first Spanish domain a good buy?

Cheers, Jon

•••
Hi Jeff. Development is new for me so I'm learning the ropes as we go. There are several forum members doing well selling domains but I just didn't have much luck with that so I felt my time would be better spent on development until I see more end users buying domains for XXX+. Other than a couple of domain listing sites, my first site was launched in March and now I have five sites - four in Spanish and one in English. I am currently working on an English .TV site and will likely launch an English version of one of my Spanish sites after I learn a little more about SEO. From what I understand the search engines don't like seeing new sites loaded with Adsense so I'll wait a bit before plastering them with ads :). Besides, click through rates on content sites are fairly low so until you have meaningful traffic, you won't make much from Adsense anyway. But Adsense is a relatively simple way to monetize one's development efforts even if it isn't the most profitable alternative. I need to look into more affiliate options but traffic is a requisite for monetization.

Google seems to be the fastest to index - about six days or so after submission with Yahoo a little longer. I have installed Analytics to track traffic sources and counts but am concerned about the bounce rate from foreign sources. My suspicion is that a fair percentage of foreign internet users have dial-up connections. Or possibly Godaddy's servers are too far away and that leads to a 1-2 second delay. I'm not sure. I don't have flash sites but do have templates with a design, a photo and/or videos. Internet users are impatient so a several second delay to download a site could mean it never gets seen. Social media marketing is something we haven't done much of but is likely a good source of traffic. My wife and I did leave several messages on a Spanish wedding forum and saw resulting traffic but as I stated the bounce rate was high.

Google seems to position sites well for an exact match of the domain though the domain is not the only factor and if the phrase has millions of competing sites, a new site will still struggle to be well positioned. Our four Spanish sites are per SEO Book searched-for phrases. The first site launched in March is high on page one of Google for its keywords and high on the second page of Google for a similar searched-for phrase. Two other sites with a bit more competition I cannot determine where they are positioned so I need to work on getting more content and link building. A site launched last week seems to be getting bounced around by Google. I have seen it high on the second page and then alternatively cannot find it. This has gone back and forth a couple of times the last few days. Beats me???

•••
congrats garptrader-your headed in the right direction and you need to start somewhere...i am in the same boat as well.

the site did load slowly for me as well, not sure why either?

i agree on the adsense issue and your right it pays low and you do need traffic. i been learning the samething you had said-without ads its easier to be placed-i wish i didnt do google advertising on couple of my sites early on but oh well.. you learn from things and keep learning.

as far as sales goes, people trying to flip names quickly imo will be in a pinch as a whole. better time being spent else where then seeking the big sales...however good solid names will continue to have interest... if you can keep your gems during these tough worldwide recession worries and downsize your domain count imo. thats what i did and happy to see all my domains on one page when i log into my account.

congrats and keep up the good work garp. not an easy task and its frustrating many times to launch a new site, mini site and etc. but in the end, you will rewarded in the long term with the generic .tv names, the traffic and keep learning.

the good names i been seeing an increase on offers(couple low ballers on a spanish name i have) and been seeing activity on 2 names. one site is mini developed the other one parked. i think im concluding that mini sites attrack more offers then a parked page but cant say for sure until i get more things up and more time.

cheers and congrats again!

•••
I had an offer via email today on one of my spanish domains that i only bought 2 weeks ago!

I would like some clarification on the translation please,for obvious reasons i do not want to post it here.
Can a fluent Spanish speaker please pm me and help

Thanks

•••
jeffoverman said:
imo-i think you could have found a better name at reg fee expense. while i see why you grabbed this and based on searches per month, thats just one of the factors

sorry for not responding sooner-not posting as much...

do you have plans for this?
Thanks for the feedback Jeff, I respect your opinions

It's my first Spanish name so it may not be the best (I've also picked up a couple of .info's since then). I was thinking of the self-help / personal-development market. There's quite a few videos on YouTube in this sector, with "Mente" in the title, and several books on Amazon. A friend of mine is in the personal development market in the USA and is getting increasing demand from the Spanish-speaking market for his seminars

As far as plans, I don't speak Spanish (just enough to order a beer when I'm on holiday :) ) - so unless WhyPark launches a Spanish version, I guess I'll just park it for now.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to park a Spanish domain?

Cheers, Jon

•••
•••
Any new Spanish regs or news to report?

A

•••
Yesterday early morning the domain Inmuebles.tv dropped. Someone else beat me to it %$#@*!! I guess at that time of morning I'm not fast enough but in Spain they are wide awake :)

•••
Leonard,
Julio picked it up (JCR from Demene)

A

•••
the. Tv domains are not very good for apanish language

•••
the. Tv domains are not very good for apanish language

Thanks for the input ignacio. I'll let the Apanish people know as soon as I see them. They may want some facts and figures to back this statement up though.

However, for the Spanish market, all I could find was some stuff regarding a Spanish language channel called TU.tv

Apparently Alexa must be wrong

They have them down as being in the top 100 most popular in countries such as Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia etc - oh and 102nd most popular site in Spain.

I'll let them know - perhaps they might want to get rid of the .TV extension and replace it with something more appropriate.

tu.tv - Site Info from Alexa

I think Spanish names and .Tv go just fine.

•••
I am still waiting for my first .TV offer :) but still like the extension for branding/development. While the site is in English, the location is off the coast of Venezuela - EPIK.com has just developed a site Isla Margarita - check it out when you get a chance.

•••
Pensar.tv

I sold Pensar.tv for $250 at Sedo.com back in Nov 2009, $200 for me, minus registration fee. A small one, but still a profit.

Frank:cy:

•••
Garp,
I am not sure what your exact marketing is but Spanish names are moving and receiving offers. :) Regardless of how small the offer is, if it is greater than cost, in my mind, it's a success. I am not sure forums are the best way to gauge the liquidity.

Best,
A

•••
Ammudamus IMO the best way to gauge liquidity is in el bolsillo :) but pricing is always a catch 22. Noone wants to abandon the potential for a big sale but as some of the domain sales pros state if you sell a domain for several times cost, that is a better ROI than most stock or real estate investments (esp. the last few years).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back