Dynadot

.tv Spanish .TV names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Spanish .TV names, are they worth registering? Has there been any decent sales of them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Slow,
I am a big fan of Spanish .TV sites. Below is a link of a few of them that have been developed:

http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/283615-developed-spanish-tvs.html?highlight=spanish+.tv

I think there value will be realized a little bit after the normal generics, but you can find a lot of gems for reg fee. Obviously, this is on the decline since the hype has increased and more of these foreign regs are occurring. Obviously development is the key in the end, but a growing space.

Thanks,
A

•••
and5rey said:
What do you guys think of this one?:
EstaTarde.tv
It's my first .tv domain.
Nice one, would be great for a tv guide, any dev plan for it ?
bgmv said:
when buying a spanish .tv name should you buy the infinitve of the verb or the "ing" of the word...example cocinar (to cook) or cocinando (cooking). or should you just base it on the number of hits you get on google?
I would get the infinitive version first, more efficient, but that's just me I am not Spanish.

•••
Navidad.TV I think is great. Congrats on that one.

About Pecho.TV...

Pecho is chest when referring to man and breast when to female.

Regards

•••
Yes, worth the investment.
Yes, recently a nice sale of a Spanish top premium, NDA sale via Sedo.

•••
Yes they are.

The are more people that speak Spanish as a first language than English. Huge population. Only in the use I think there are over 30 million spanish people.

Spain is one of the top economies of the world. Not sure but I think in the top 10.

And the list of reason could go on and on.

In Miami all of the major companies advertise in English and Spanish....

I own some spanish names myself.

regards

•••
I sold Archivos.tv for 1K:)

•••
Spanish names definitely have a huge future in my opinion! There are quite a few gems out there which should be premium, but may not be. I think as the momentum picks up in the TLD, sales will pick up as well in this area.

Hope this helps,
A

•••
Would anyone care to put me in touch with potential buyers of Spanish .tv domains? I have several very good names, I believe, but can not locate buyers of (Spanish) domains. I would certainly offer a finders fee to anyone who puts me in touch with an eventual buyer.

If anyone on here thinks they can help, please PM me.

•••
I'm an Spanish usual buyer and I listen you. :]

•••
Radical,
What type of names are your purchasing? Budget?

Thanks,
A

•••
Here is my bried experience with Spanish .tv's:

I bought Juventud.tv a few weeks back, i have been told that "Juventud" means "YOUTH"

I havent done anything with this domain yet and to tell truth im really unsure what i will do with it in future, i just really felt that Youth.tv was a great idea in English or Spanish. (Youth.tv is a Premium name)

This was my 1st ever Spanish .tv which i bought after reading a few articles on Spanish domains selling well lately and that Spanish speakers may embrace .tv quicker than many.

Im happy to hold this and wait see how it plays out.

Cheers

Mckennaronnie

•••
McKenna,
There are a lot of development ideas for that Spanish name.

1.Educational videos
2.Shopping,toys, etc.
3.Recreational videos -- sports, hobbies, etc

The list could go on. With a generic keyword, the possibilites are endless.

Hope this helps,
A

•••
mckennaronnie,

Although "Juventud" is a generic term and could means "youth", this is a word not used alone in Spanish, so yours is not a premium domain, even if you had the dot com... D-:

A premium domain could be, for example, "Jovenes", meaning "young people", but I personally neither would buy this one...

Ammudamus,

I use to buy only generic words or very popular expressions. Not only .TV or .COM. I'm also interested in the other gTLDs and in many ccTLDs.

My budget is as bigger as the quality of the domain and my love for it. :hearts:

For example, last month I spent more than $10,000 for buying 5 domains (2 WS, 1 BIZ, 1 INFO, 1 PRO) in the aftermarket, plus more than 20 registered as new ones...

SKG said:
I sold Archivos.tv for 1K:)

This is a really premium domain! :bingo:

•••
Radical,
What are you specifically looking for in the .TV space? Are you planning to develop? We might be able to work on something. :)

Thanks,
A

•••
Thanks for info radicalnames regarding use of the word Juventud.

I wasnt actually trying to say Juventud is a Premium name in my 1st post, i was just trying to point out that Youth.tv is a un registered premium name with http://www.channelme.tv/

•••
mckennaronnie,

Sorry for the confusion. I just wanted you understand why is so difficult to sell "Juventud.TV"... :)

Ammudamus,

I don't use to navigate a lot at forums, but .TV is one of my favourite TLDs from always and it's turning more interesting day to day...

And thanks very much for your offer, but I actually have my own team for developing.

Anyway, please don't hesitate to post here or PM your domains for sale, especially Spanish terms. :cy:

•••
Radical,
Thanks for the follow up. I wasn't suggesting that you and I work on development! That's great you have a team.

Best,
A

Last edited:
•••
I am fairly new to the TV area but am interested in your opinion on a domain. Would you guys consider rojo.tv to be premium or not? It is somewhat generic, but it is short and colorful.

Thanks,
T

•••
tfking,

"Rojo" means literally "Red", so it's a good generic one. The problem -in my opinion- may be that it's too generic (LOL) and it would need to be developed for getting its highest value. :)

•••
Rojo.TV

I think rojo.tv is a very nice name.

Not sure what to put there but yes, it is short and colorful so I guess anything goes.

I would probably think about doing a site like rojo.com but more video oriented content.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi Radical...Your opinion please

I would like to know your opinion on these two .tv domains.

www.oficinas.tv

www.calzado.tv

thanking you in advance.

-dpari

radicalnames said:
tfking,

"Rojo" means literally "Red", so it's a good generic one. The problem -in my opinion- may be that it's too generic (LOL) and it would need to be developed for getting its highest value. :)

•••
ioadomain said:
Only in the use I think there are over 30 million spanish people.
And over 300 million worldwide.

Plus 200 million Portuguese-speaking Brazilians who understand most of Spanish terms.

And I have some .tv spanish domains as well...

V

•••
dpari said:
I would like to know your opinion on these two .tv domains.

www.oficinas.tv

www.calzado.tv

thanking you in advance.

-dpari

Not bad ones, but they are not very directly related with media content...

- "Oficinas" means literally "Offices", so could be good for a company offering offices for rental, for example.

- "Calzado" means "Footwear", used here for calling the market of companies making shoes... Anyway, too generic for my taste.

In summary, in my opinion, you could ask for low $ XXX for these domains. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back