Domain Empire

discuss Some buyer is playing with me?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
so I spent 30 mins negotiating back and forth with some russian today on undeveloped.com (undelveoped shows buyer IPs)

he was like 700.. me like 1300... so then I told him 999$ final price.. and it was accepted.. no payment yet..

then 3 hours later.. I get email that this same name was bought at a bin price on above..com market.. for 5k.. which I had listed there like weeks ago.. and basically forgot about it.. oddly I only have few names listed at bin anywhere.. and this one there was among them...

I do not know who buyer is on above..com.. its possible its same person ... its most likely same person actually..

maybe he's just mad I didn't let him have it for less than 1k on undeveloped.. not sure.. and now he wants to buy it everyhwere else to bug me..

so in the spirit of playing and games.. I just set bin of 10k on this name and redirect to it via typein trafic straight to the bin lander... on godaddy auctions.. which basically means if he wants to buy it there too.. he'll need to pay on the spot.. as godaddy bins need instant payment else there is no purchase.. unlike most other places.. like undeveloped.. abovecom.. where you can do bin.. and then just wait days before you pay.

so anyway.. just thouvght I'd post this.. as I never had similar situation before..

feel free to comment whether there are any other ways in whcih you would have played this buyer's game.

obviously if its same buyer, then he cannot pay both 5k sale and 1k sale on the two markets.. so I assume he'll pay the 1k if he wants to finalzie this at all.. if he pays nowhere.. wel.. then I guess he'll just get himself banned on those 2 markets.. through this game of his.. but I assume he does not care at this point.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
so I spent 30 mins negotiating back and forth with some russian today on undeveloped.com (undelveoped shows buyer IPs)

he was like 700.. me like 1300... so then I told him 999$ final price.. and it was accepted.. no payment yet..

then 3 hours later.. I get email that this same name was bought at a bin price on above..com market.. for 5k.. which I had listed there like weeks ago.. and basically forgot about it.. oddly I only have few names listed at bin anywhere.. and this one there was among them...

I do not know who buyer is on above..com.. its possible its same person ... its most likely same person actually..

maybe he's just mad I didn't let him have it for less than 1k on undeveloped.. not sure.. and now he wants to buy it everyhwere else to bug me..

so in the spirit of playing and games.. I just set bin of 10k on this name and redirect to it via typein trafic straight to the bin lander... on godaddy auctions.. which basically means if he wants to buy it there too.. he'll need to pay on the spot.. as godaddy bins need instant payment else there is no purchase.. unlike most other places.. like undeveloped.. abovecom.. where you can do bin.. and then just wait days before you pay.

so anyway.. just thouvght I'd post this.. as I never had similar situation before..

feel free to comment whether there are any other ways in whcih you would have played this buyer's game.

obviously if its same buyer, then he cannot pay both 5k sale and 1k sale on the two markets.. so I assume he'll pay the 1k if he wants to finalzie this at all.. if he pays nowhere.. wel.. then I guess he'll just get himself banned on those 2 markets.. through this game of his.. but I assume he does not care at this point.
What happens if the domain is sold on GD as well (irrespective of whether the buyer should buy again or not). You'll obviously not be able to deliver and hence possibly lose your GD auctions account or your above.com account!

•••
What happens if the domain is sold on GD as well (irrespective of whether the buyer should buy again or not). You'll obviously not be able to deliver and hence possibly lose your GD auctions account or your above.com account!

yes thats true. I guess playing this game with buyer is not really worth it for me. in terms of being banned etc.

I have since removed bin on gd. and just made it makeoffer.

cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back