Dynadot

Sold my 1st Geo without working it

NameSilo
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
I have sold a few from various listing sites within a few days of my email marketing, so most likely it was my effort and they just felt more comfortable going thru a reputable site. Finally sold one today without any marketing from me.

2 days ago, by chance I happened to look in my sold auction section on godaddy and there was this domain that said "on hold for buyer", so I googled it and found out that meant it was in his cart but he had not bought it yet.

After an hour it disappeared and then 2 days later I got an offer thru Afternic. It was listed BIN for $350 on GD Premium and $395 on Afternic. He offered $100, so of course I knew it was the same guy.

I said $325, he said $175, I said $300 and he said $250 and I wimped out and took it instead of going $275 or so which he would likely pay but just in case, I didn't want to lose my 1st Afternic sale.

Still fine, I paid around $20 and paid Afternic $50, so clear $180 for no work at all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks everyone. I was going to have another great story to tell about someone buying 4 domains from me on godaddy premium and that being a record day, but 12 hours later he returned 2 of them for who knows what reason and that sucked. lol

Still sold 2 at $395 each minus godaddy cut. It was from an email campaign where I listed 4 similar domains for sale and it was a big company. I will probably wait till dust settles on the 2 sales and then try to contact them and see if we can work something out on the 2 they returned.

•••
Great dealing and luck. Thanks for sharing.

•••
Nice sale and, subsequent follow-up sales!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back