NameSilo

Dan buyer offer is fake ?

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by shojib, May 5, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

Hehe, you're correct. Being a Swede I already knew that, but thanks anyway! (y)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Brian L.

Brian L. Top Contributor VIP ICA Member

I get a lot of fake offers via Dan, but not on other platforms like afternic and sedo. Not sure why.

3. jamesall

jamesall BrandEntrance.com VIP Gold Account

Jaså du...

4. jamesall

I get fake offers all the time. Helps me cry myself to sleep.

Even my family have made some fake offers... Mow the lawn etc

Face it... Life is about dealing with fake offers as much as enjoying the successes

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  5. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

I send myself fake offers all the time, makes me feel good for a few seconds when I see the email. jk

6. jamesall

I did send myself one offer of $100,000 when I was feeling down one night.

What a great surprise in the morning. A real pick me up.

Reported myself that afternoon.

7. jamesall

In reality I complained to a group that had stolen my collage picture on facebook. Got that complaint next time I logged in with admin acct. I have 500+ theme groups.

8. thekiller

thekiller Top Contributor VIP

If he was genuine buyer, he most likely stayed back after you accepted the offer as he may have thought he made offer larger than he should have.

Always counter, even countering $1100 would have made the difference.

At end of day good luck and wish you all the best.

9. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

great point, it happens reverse too. Someone asks for a price, we tell them 1000, they agree and pay, and suddenly we think we could have gotten more.

10. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

This needs to be stopped. Bidders should deposit $10 before being able to bid. Buyers don't want to look like fools when they talk about their purchases with their friends. If they pay $10 , they will be much more willing to pay the rest, because otherwise they would look like fools. This happens at Sedo, Afternic/GD, Dan.
    At Dan there might be another problem: Everythng is one-click. No confirmation. So it is easy to make a mistake there. You make a counteroffer, they click green, ..and domain "sold"(you think).
    At Sedo fake bidders may "buy" your domains to learn your name and address. Sedo is very bad in this sense. They refuse to correct themselves. AN/GD might be the same. Maybe so is Dan. Epik might be better in this sense, but they don't have partner platforms (registrars).

11. Soofi

Soofi Punjab, India PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Happens a lot on DAN, so move your domains to better marketplace, such as Afternic or Sedo.

12. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Are you sure you'll have more money by the end ?
    I see a lot of sales in "pending sale" status in afternic that will never been confirmed paid.
    Many customers put the domain in their cart but dont pay.

I only consider that my domain is sold when the money is received, not before.
    Losing time with fake offers is another problem... to avoid that I only sell at BIN.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  13. wizard

wizard Domain Wizard PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This happens all the time just move on no point thinking to much...

14. topdom

Marketplaces may be trying to make other marketplaces look bad and maybe this is why we get many fake sales. Only solution: require a small payment before bidding. Scammers want to sent me 10 million, but they want me to send just a small $100 first. Same logic here. There must be a pain for teasing and cheating. A real end user and any real buyer can easily pay a small amount of refundable money. When I create a threat about stopping domain terrsts, I was actually blaming marketplaces, not cheaters. Cheaters enjoy cheating because they get away with it, plus get seller's name and address.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  15. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You can use UniRegistry marketplace...
    Fake bids/buyers have no any impact on Uni listings until payment arrived.
    And Uni shows only those personal details which you provide in your UniMarket profile.

16. jamesall

Strange that DAN doesn't seem to have thought this process through properly.

It's like if you were going to sell your car, a guy rings up and the car rendered unusable.

17. Bearded Goat

Bearded Goat Established Member

This happens everywhere. Especially over the last year. I have had 32 sales canceled at sedo over the last year alone due to either not paying or fake buyer.

18. nikolasbp92

nikolasbp92 Established Member

Dan is slowly becoming a very funny platform.

Attached Files:

19. topdom

(typo: meant thread not threat , above.)

Marketplaces should do one of these:

Show buyer info, hide seller info, or
    require refundable payment.
    Also in case of Dan, accepting an offer, making an offer, cancelling an offer should be a 2 click process,.

What can go wrong: buyer types cents, or types amount in its own currency, and submit price, and then regrets, but can't fix it.

If offers are legally binding, there must be an opportunity to make corrections.
    I wonder whether anyone was able to sell a domain which was "sold" but not paid, by force (legal action, or a letter from an attorney) to that buyer.

Most people are ignorant, but at the same time , letters from attorneys are very powerful, then they would respond with an excuse starting with: sorry,..

20. TCK

TCK NameOptions.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I got fake offers on Afternic and Sedo. On Sedo not so much fake just ridiculously lowball. I've had offers on domains I've allowed to drop but were picked up by other domainer(s). I think they were testing the waters on how much the domain is worth (i.e. to see if I'd counter) or just fooling around.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  21. Constantin S

Constantin S Top Contributor VIP

It happens on all platforms, unfortunatly there is nothing you can personally do about it.

22. domain12345

domain12345 Upgraded Member Gold Account

Happens lot at Dan...they are ok with it and dont want too much verification from buyers to complicate the process. .its a volume game..more enquiries ...some convert

23. krishmk

krishmk Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I dont think its specifically related to DAN or any other domain marketplace - happens in every Business. Happens in many Businesses - prospective Buyer says will buy your product/service but chickens out later.

LOL... I will try that....

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  24. gtldomainer

gtldomainer Top Contributor VIP

Call it low ball or fake, I also got few offers but when I countered, they went silent. But it feels good to see offers. :xf.grin:(y)

25. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

They're starting to infiltrate Sedo as well, and although I've never had a serious problem there before (other than slow-ass processing) I have recently had two scammer purchases that subsequently had payments flagged, then the buyers totally disappeared

Probably buying with stolen credit cards, fake credentials, or stuff like that.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice