Dynadot

question Sold domain which was bought from godaddy via afternic. Been 9 days since domain transfer but still no payout scheduled

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Sold domain which was bought from godaddy via afternic. Been 9 days since domain transfer but still no payout scheduled. Why's this happening? Can someone help me out. @Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently GoDaddy was hacked. Maybe they are busy with tackling that.

•••
Usually how long does it take to schedule and receive the payout for a sale with a manual domain transfer?

•••
Contact them via their auctions email. They generally take around 2 days to reply.

•••
Contact them via their auctions email. They generally take around 2 days to reply.
I emailed them. It's been 5 days now but still no reply

•••
Same with me , sold domain fast transfer and transfer completed same day on 24 novemeber and till today date paymeny not scheduled !
Even with small amounts they delay ! i dont know whats wrong with them !!

1638143388267.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
my last sale with afternic took 11 days for the payout (paypal)

•••
Same with me , sold domain fast transfer and transfer completed same day on 24 novemeber and till today date paymeny not scheduled !

Show attachment 205248

Is this your first sale or have you sold before?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
It depends on how it sold - Fast vs Slow and when the domain is moved. If you email [email protected] they can look into it for you much quicker than if you email ta@afternic

•••
Sounds like a cashflow strategy to me, just like if a payment is due on Friday these domain venues always seem to delay it until Monday. Weekend interest can amount to million of dollars with some companies and I've worked at several that will not release AP payments on Friday because of this.

•••

Show attachment 205248

Email was sent to afternic and they replyed they will udpdate within few days .
domain transfered on 24 nonvember and Today 3 december and still no updates !!
never experienced delayment like this before !!

•••
Similar thing here. They got my domain on 11/25 and payment still not scheduled. They usually faster than this.

•••
Why's this happening? Did they give you any reason to that?

•••
I got 2 sales that were fast-transfer sales. Took 11 days to get the payment scheduled. It says December 9th I will be paid. So I guess fast-transfer sales now take 14 days to be paid.

•••
@Joe Styler It looks like the issues described above by others, are comparable to the issue you recently solved for me.

Last edited:
•••
There was an issue which should be resolved now. Please pm me the domain names if you have not been paid in the last week for domains you sold.

•••
I'm facing same problem, domain sold 29/11/21 and pushed to same day but still payment not scheduled...

•••
@Joe Styler Exactly the same thing. Sold domain EffectiveCrypto.com with Afternic, and by Dec 2 transfer was completed at 100%. Matter of fact, same day the client put redirect to his site EffectiveCrypto.org. - so, domain was in clients full posession on that same day. However, 6 days later(today, Dec 8!) there is no indication of payment, it has not even been scheduled yet.
Just wondering if Afternic is waiting till Christmas, to present it as a special gift...

•••
If you are not seeing your payment please email [email protected] so they can look into it for you. The error with some payments was fixed this week so you should not still be impacted by that.

•••
There was an issue which should be resolved now. Please pm me the domain names if you have not been paid in the last week for domains you sold.
Kindly check your PM. Thanks!

•••
Back