Dynadot

.com Sold another four letter dot com for $XX,XXX

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Had my second $xx,xxx four letter sale of the year during the week.

Price: $15,000 net, which makes it an equivalent of about $18.5K to $22K depending on the marketplace )

Was contacted by Sedo Brokers with inquiry and asked for $15K, they responded that it is above the budget of the client, but they will discuss with them.

Next day they wrote that the buyer has accepted the price.

The name was not listed anywhere, except in my thread on NP )

Interestingly, a fellow member here offered $300 for it about 6 months ago and I offered to him for $550. He asked for lower price, but I insisted that it was a minimum.

I will reveal the name later this week, I will say for now that it is pronounceable 4L.com )

Sincerely,

El

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats @Recons.Com! How many 4L .coms are in your portfolio?

•••
Way to go .. very nice sale .. big congrats! :)

Definitely do follow up with all the details after the sale is completed and money in your account! :)

•••
I guess the fellow member here who offered $300 already know the name. And now he's asking himself why he didn't paid 550 to you :)

•••
•••
Way to go .. very nice sale .. big congrats! :)

Definitely do follow up with all the details after the sale is completed and money in your account! :)

Thank you! I definitely will )

•••
I guess the fellow member here who offered $300 already know the name. And now he's asking himself why he didn't paid 550 to you :)

I actually would compliment him, because that was the highest offer for the name on NP and the only one he wanted ) So I guess he does have a good intuition/knowledge. And I don't blame him for being prudent with his costs.

I don't mind selling for relatively cheap do the fellow investors, but I need to know that I will be able to replace the stock for similar price, factoring in time spent, profit etc.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice sale, I think this one is a fair deal, as the letters have a lot of in play options.

•••
Nice sale, I think this one is a fair deal, as the letters have a lot of in play options.

Thank you ) I still don't know how you manage to figure the name out ) Please share via pm )

•••
Many congrats.

Wish more come your way!

•••
•••
Congrats @Recons.Com Looking forward to the details :) Do you have a particular 4L pattern that you like?

•••
•••
•••
Congrats @Recons.Com Looking forward to the details :) Do you have a particular 4L pattern that you like?

Thank you ) I don't normally buy CVCV, as their reseller prices are close to end user prices.

I like good VCVC, CVVC and other patterns as long as they are easy to pronounce or make sense or are a nice hack. Basically, I look at each name individually.

•••
Thank you ) I don't normally buy CVCV, as their reseller prices are close to end user prices.

I like good VCVC, CVVC and other patterns as long as they are easy to pronounce or make sense or are a nice hack. Basically, I look at each name individually.

nice sale!!!!!!!

would you say you got so good at 4l that you run all the potential of a domain in your head pretty much.. or do you stil rely on some external tools to help you decide.. any particular ones you care to share? aside from good old google search :)

ty

•••
nice sale!!!!!!!

would you say you got so good at 4l that you run all the potential of a domain in your head pretty much.. or do you stil rely on some external tools to help you decide.. any particular ones you care to share? aside from good old google search :)

ty
It is a numbers game, own a lot of good 4L's, and you are going to hit on them from time to time. Quality over Quanitity. The ZVJK.com's will be traded on namepros till 2120 without a end user ever buying them.

As OP stated the market is very tight for the good ones, Frank S team is on top of every decent one, throw in a few more heavyweights, and you got yourself a bidding war, as OP stated the wholesale, and end user prices are very tight, you have a very high carrying cost on unsold inventory.

•••
nice sale!!!!!!!

ty

Thank you! First, of course, I use my intuition. If my intuition tells me that it is generic enough that someone will eventually want to upgrade then I start doing research. Google, zfbot, namedroppers etc.

Based on all that and current market I decide what is my max price and try not to overbid/overpay. As prudency with cash flow is really important in this business.

I have made decision that this business has to support itself from its own proceeds with no lifeline from my other income :) that makes it tough because sometimes I might let go names at cheaper than I'd like, but it also makes me more responsible not to pick up potential trash :)

Last edited:
•••
Congrats....:xf.smile:

Domaining always incredible....:xf.wink:

•••
4L pronounceable is very good asset to hold because it creates rare class by itself.

I had lots of success with pronounceable 4L.com . It’s my favorite niche. Sold so many pronounceable 4L here to reseller and few to Enduser price ranging from $XXXX to Low $XX,XXX

I never worried at all if average market for 4L dropped from $300 to $160 now because I know what I am holding is rare items because of pronounceable ability and possibility of similar pattern.

For example:

CVVC = 21 X 5 X 5 X 21 = 11025 possible combination.

Quad premium CVVC = 13 X 4 X 4 X 13 = 2704 possible combination

Other pattern with different combination creates its own rarity factors too

I currently have offer of $15K on one of my 4L but I know it worth more. So holding until I get better offer or same interested buyer increase the offer.

Only thing I can share is 4L pronounceable is good to have in our portfolio

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
4L pronounceable is very good asset to hold because it creates rare class by itself.

I had lots of success with pronounceable 4L.com . It’s my favorite niche. Sold so many pronounceable 4L here to reseller and few to Enduser price ranging from $XXXX to Low $XX,XXX

I never worried at all if average market for 4L dropped from $300 to $160 now because I know what I am holding is rare items because of pronounceable ability and possibility of similar pattern.

For example:

CVVC = 21 X 5 X 5 X 21 = 11025 possible combination.

Quad premium CVVC = 13 X 4 X 4 X 13 = 2704 possible combination

Other pattern with different combination creates its own rarity factors too

I currently have offer of $15K on one of my 4L but I know it worth more. So holding until I get better offer or same interested buyer increase the offer.

Only thing I can share is 4L pronounceable is good to have in our portfolio

Thanks

this is true. however I do not believe endusers will care for # possible combinations of given pattern... that'd be more for domainer reselling.

cheers

•••
Back