IT.COM

.com My third $xx,xxx sale of 2018

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
I completed another, third, 5 figure sale of the year.

The sale price from inbound inquiry was $12,500 paid in bitcoin. After CoinBase fees, net around $12,350

Original asking price $19,000. Starting offer $5,000.

After initial email enquiry, I made a phone call to the number provided. Made sure it was less than 24 hours from the inquiry to the call.

We had a nice conversation for an hour, but price negotiation was over the email. In all, from the receipt of the email to receiving cash in my account - less than 48 hours.

No escrow was used. We carried out the payment and name transfer "live" over the phone. He paid 50% of the amount, I moved the name, he paid the second installment.

The new owner is an amazing guy with brilliant ideas and feels good to know that the name will be put to a great use.

I will reveal the name later today :)

Sincerely,

El

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great sale! But why does Namebio.com not show this transaction? Thank you

I don't go through the forums seeing what sales people are reporting and try to add them to NameBio, that's too much effort for the volume of sales it would add, but again, I'm always happy to add a sale if someone emails me.

Please see the above quote from Michael of Namebio.com

Last edited:
•••
See the above quote from Michael of Namebio.com
Then this fellow should email Michael at Namebio.com with the info don't you think?

•••
Then this fellow should email Michael at Namebio.com with the info don't you think?

Well. I have no comments on this. It is his personal choice. IMHO, who are we to dictate whether he should email Michael or not? @Recons.Com was candid enough to share all the details here. So, I have no complaints :)

•••
•••

Thank you. Haven't reported it. Did not feel I need to. I share it here to give back to the community, as I learn myself a lot from the sale threads here.

•••
We don't add private sales unless they are directly reported to us, both out of respect and also a little bit of laziness. I'll explain more since that is a little vague :)

You'll notice when he revealed the domain that he masked it so that it wouldn't show up in search engines, if we add it to our site the search engines will definitely pick it up. I don't want to cause anyone problems or make it so that people don't feel free to talk about their sales, even though it was discussed in public he was still trying to be somewhat discreet.

That's the respect portion, and it is the same reason we don't add the interesting sales/purchases that are revealed on DomainSherpa for example. It's one thing to mention something in a video that your colleagues are watching, but it's another to have it indexed and searchable. We figure that if someone wants their sale/purchase on our site they'll tell us about it.

On to laziness. When someone reports a sale to us they need to provide proof. If I tried to capture every sale that was reported on the forums I'd be annoying hundreds of people with PMs asking for proof each month, and only a small percentage would reply or would be willing to take the time to send the proof. It would take a tremendous amount of time and would only add a relatively small amount of sales.

I'm more than happy to add sales that are reported to us though, and I greatly appreciate it when someone takes the time to share information that can help the community.

Sorry to go off topic. Congrats on the sale, that's a great price!

•••
•••
•••
We don't add private sales unless they are directly reported to us, both out of respect and also a little bit of laziness. I'll explain more since that is a little vague :)

You'll notice when he revealed the domain that he masked it so that it wouldn't show up in search engines, if we add it to our site the search engines will definitely pick it up. I don't want to cause anyone problems or make it so that people don't feel free to talk about their sales, even though it was discussed in public he was still trying to be somewhat discreet.

That's the respect portion, and it is the same reason we don't add the interesting sales/purchases that are revealed on DomainSherpa for example. It's one thing to mention something in a video that your colleagues are watching, but it's another to have it indexed and searchable. We figure that if someone wants their sale/purchase on our site they'll tell us about it.

On to laziness. When someone reports a sale to us they need to provide proof. If I tried to capture every sale that was reported on the forums I'd be annoying hundreds of people with PMs asking for proof each month, and only a small percentage would reply or would be willing to take the time to send the proof. It would take a tremendous amount of time and would only add a relatively small amount of sales.

I'm more than happy to add sales that are reported to us though, and I greatly appreciate it when someone takes the time to share information that can help the community.

Sorry to go off topic. Congrats on the sale, that's a great price!

This is not off topic ) This is as much to the point as possible )

You are doing a great job with NameBio, a go to for anyone in the industry.

My intention was to share the info with fellow domain investors, but did not want to make it searchable for everyone else yet, as you pointed out )

•••
@Recons.Com hey I've got some expired domain I believe are worth selling. I haven't register it yet. Cause I want a pro like to help review this domains if they're worth registering. Is there anyway I can reach you??.. I"ll forwards the domains to you. So you can review them and give me your sincere expertise feedback. Please...

•••
@Recons.Com hey I've got some expired domain I believe are worth selling. I haven't register it yet. Cause I want a pro like to help review this domains if they're worth registering. Is there anyway I can reach you??.. I"ll forwards the domains to you. So you can review them and give me your sincere expertise feedback. Please...

Pm me

•••
Congrats!
I have a top premium .com domain, it is a great fit for the company who is in an industry that is lucrative enough to justify a high end brand.
I tried to send email, but get no answer.
How can I attract its attention or interest?
Would it be better for me to find a professional domain broker to sell it?
Thanks.

•••
Congrats!
I have a top premium .com domain, it is a great fit for the company who is in an industry that is lucrative enough to justify a high end brand.
I tried to send email, but get no answer.
How can I attract its attention or interest?
Would it be better for me to find a professional domain broker to sell it?
Thanks.
Thanks. What kind of email was it? A decision maker? Can you get him on the phone? Did you track the email?

•••
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I tried to send email to the email account listed on website or the whois email. I know this could not be the good way. Just tried ... I'm sure that somebody read the email. But get no answer.
How could I do?

•••
How are you sure someone read it? Maybe it ended up in spam?

•••
•••
Because I sent email with a requested read receipt, I got it.

Great. Absolute majority of received emails get no response. Could be that a) a wrong person got it; b) the right person got it, but he/she doesn't see value there.

Generally, focusing on one company for the brand reduces your chances of sale drastically. You should have few potential end users in mind or believe that the name is so good eventually many will pop-up.

If you are focusing on this one company and you are sure you are not infringing on anything, then do research to find out the decision makers and get in touch with them, preferably over the phone.

•••
Great. Absolute majority of received emails get no response. Could be that a) a wrong person got it; b) the right person got it, but he/she doesn't see value there.

Generally, focusing on one company for the brand reduces your chances of sale drastically. You should have few potential end users in mind or believe that the name is so good eventually many will pop-up.

If you are focusing on this one company and you are sure you are not infringing on anything, then do research to find out the decision makers and get in touch with them, preferably over the phone.

Got it. Thank you very much.
I will try it again.
Greatly appreciating your kind help.

•••
No escrow was used. We carried out the payment and name transfer "live" over the phone. He paid 50% of the amount, I moved the name, he paid the second installment.

Recons, your post is so inspiring, thanks for sharing! What is the best way to have payment transferred 'live' over the phone with an international buyer? Obviously US bank to US bank live transfer while on the phone is quite straight forward...

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats! That's an awesome

•••
Hey @Recons.Com ...

Congratulations...

I know.. I know... I am way too late to party...just saw this thread and tried to read all...but only read first 2 pages and last one page...:-D

I hope you had more sales of that sort...in that case...congrats again...

Few questions...
What are other two sales...did you mentioned names anywhere?
Your website is not functional...?
And these are my questions I am totally unaware of reasons...why exactly do people mask names..I mean what could happen if we are putting names in plain text..as a experienced domainer can you shed some light on it?!

And one silly question...when you putting ")" did you mean this → :) or :) ?! I saw just ")"...

Thanks for your time..
Ravi.

•••
Hey @Recons.Com ...

Congratulations...

Few questions...
What are other two sales...did you mentioned names anywhere?
Your website is not functional...?
And these are my questions I am totally unaware of reasons...why exactly do people mask names..I mean what could happen if we are putting names in plain text..as a experienced domainer can you shed some light on it?!

And one silly question...when you putting ")" did you mean this → :) or :) ?! I saw just ")"...

Thanks for your time..
Ravi.

Thanks. The other two were 4L coms a/n/e/m and j/o/u/z

None of the sales are from the website. Working on brandable domain storefront with my own merchant account for processing payments.
Masking: just don't see any benefit in non masking )) The sole purpose is to share the info with the NP members, not with the whole world )

) = smile

•••
Thanks @Recons.Com
Looking for fully functional website and more big sales stories from you...

Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back