Dynadot

.com Installed.com Sold for $XX,XXX on NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
70times1 Limited Acquired the domain Installed.com on a private sale through namepros.com. The price won’t be made public but we can reveal it was in the low/mid XX.XXX range for the purchase...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
70times1 Limited :xf.confused:

:xf.laugh: its premium domain .com, greetings!

•••
Remember seeing this domain in the 'Top Domains' section. I'm sure last time i read, the former owner lowed their asking price below 5 figures.

Still it's a nice name, congrats to both the buyer and seller.

•••
Thank you, the biggest reason for slightly paying more then the listed price was the domain owner having a sick/illness Family member.

I still saw the Potential and purchased it over the listing price, believe it was around 12000 USD.

Sold the domain for 28000 USD around a year or two later.

That is a 100%+ ROI,

Just like ANY investment it is important that you do NOT need the funding now and are able to hold on until the right price comes along.

I used https://www.gritbrokerage.com for brokering this name and THEY found the perfect end-user.

Tip: You are investing, do not invest with funds you are not wiling to lose or be able to be fine being stuck for a few years, possibly even just months.

For 70times1 Limited that is a KEY factor.

Investing to get a desperate sell will become a constant business compared to just holding on, finding the right brokers, outbound marketing and so forth.

I have no doubts you can purchase on resale and sell the name a week later, but highly recommend leaving the domains you purchase for a MIN of a year,

A domain being sold for XXX listed all over search engines is bad NEWS, as your buyer (If he/she has the knowledge will almost never offer for what you purchased the name for.

I wait, even use reputation SEO services once and a while and the selling starts, as It is a bad look to see you purchased a name for 10X less then you want to sell it for, no matter how good the name is,

Especially when you are going after end-users (my favorite clients).

Also:

Remember seeing this domain in the 'Top Domains' section. I'm sure last time i read, the former owner lowed their asking price below 5 figures.

Good point and YES certainly overpaid but at the end of the DAY it will be your vision, you outbound, your trusted broker that means the most.

Again in this case: https://www.gritbrokerage.com killed it for me, and that is just one domain I got so many others. This domain was sold to a huge CORP, will not reveal which one but without their outreach it would of most likely never happened.

Which takes me to another point, Brokers can be the KEY for your domain business and I am not affiliated with https://www.gritbrokerage.com, just a random found on Linkedin and we instantly connected.

Laugh all you want I did a 10k+ profit on selling this name, invested in new domains and prob ending up with close to 40/60K USD profit on it.

Cheers,
Martijn

•••
@Seventy

Thanks for the update, interesting story and great insights. Sounds like you got some good karma for helping someone out by paying a little extra.

I have to disagree with @Makise, I think 70times1 is a very memorable name.

•••
@Seventy

Thanks for the update, interesting story and great insights. Sounds like you got some good karma for helping someone out by paying a little extra.

I have to disagree with @Makise, I think 70times1 is a very memorable name.

The meaning behind is based on a pancreas failure, which could not handle the insulin and gotten Diabetic type 1 + a shit more and I am 31 nearing 32,

SO 70 years times 1 life. (The years I hope to be a life.)

He can laugh whatever he wants, Not even near my level, and truly appreciate your comment

"Epik.com Staff" certainly does not seem to fit a person like that.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back