Dynadot

showcase Showcase -Debate - Discuss .online vs. .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Anyone reading this attend NamesCon.online? First let me say I just love the domain industry that I knew absolutely nothing about until about three years ago. Prior to 2017 all I knew about were the very traditional .com, .net, .org, ,gov and .edu extensions (the letters just right of the .Dot). While it's pretty obvious that names like .edu (education), .net (internet), .org (organization), .gov (government) how many consumers or businesses actually know what .com (???) stands for or means?

To draw a comparison (very important), i was the guest speaker at my zoom "K" (Kiwanis) meeting yesterday, and even though we were discussing two very sensitive topics, "suicide and racism" I directed us to, "how many people know what the bold "K" we proudly where on our hats, polo shirts and tee shirts stands for? Ironically, and much to the dismay of my Kiwanis brothers and sisters, very few people in the world have ever heard of Kiwanis despite having over 600,000 members in 80 different countries worldwide. As an aside, but just as important our motto is, "Serving the Children of the World"

Again this was meant to draw a comparison to how little the rest of the world (outside the domain industry) knows or even cares what's right of the .dot:xf.rolleyes:

I know it's incensed many of the members here, but this is a subject that should and needs to be discussed. Why? Because we're literally running out of .com's, and those that are still available are so "overpriced" very few consumers or businesses can afford them. Why is that? It basically involves the old economic theory of "Supply and Demand". However, unlike typical "supply and demand" theory, there are many alternatives to .com, one of them being .online like you saw NamesCon.online using to promote their annual convention which is virtual aka online:xf.smile:

Despite being actively involved in the domain industry for the last three years, I never realized until recently that anything to the .right of the dot is moot. While I own over 900 .online domains that I've accumulated in the last 30 days, many of my .online domains make more sense than their "exact match" .left of the .dot. Here are a few of mine.....LetsDiscuss.online;

Whistleblower.online
QualityDomains.online
Reservations.online (serious dispute with Go Daddy and Radix over this one)
GunSafety.online
CaliforniaHomes.online

btw, you can "Discover" anything .online from Africa to Space. Anyone know where Com is:xf.eek:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Showcasing;

NeighborhoodPatrol.online

while Huge Domains is asking 1.25M for Neighborhoodwatch.com:xf.rolleyes:.....more evidence.

and

DotComDied:xf.smile:online

Last edited:
•••
I don't give 2 sh**s what some so called "aggressive litigator" thinks 🙂

So based on your thought processes you are going to be selling that legal opions domain for less than $100 as that what GD values it at?

I know sales is supposed to be all about the sizzle and not the steak.....which you do rather well 😉......But a company sees you pedaling a domain valued under 100 bucks while your comparing it to an 8k one........most companies, people etc will want the steak and let you carry on sizzling......your going to need a big frying pan for all these .onlines 😁😄
Funny Nick....so you think I'll be selling .online domains for under 100 bucks:xf.rolleyes: Whatever made you think that other than your interpretation of Go Daddy's valuations?

Pretty much everything you do and I do 24/7 is .online not .com. Dispute it if you'd like, but it's a FACT!

DotComDied.online

and while I do own "Dot Com Died", i did just register the showcase domain;

BroadwayTheatre.online:xf.wink:

•••
Lol.....i see we have the usual suspects attempting to defend Verisign's accurate description of the secondary market;

"But there is also an unregulated secondary market – led by domain speculators – hiding in plain sight. There, some speculators buy domain names at regulated low prices, then sell them at a far higher price. This secondary market is as old as the domain name system itself. However, since the wholesale price cap was imposed on .com in 2012, the secondary market has expanded in ways that exploit consumers. Look at the website HugeDomains.com – owned by registrar TurnCommerce – where nearly four million .com domain names are warehoused and offered for sale: • None are offered below $195, and 90 percent of their names are priced above $1,000. • The average price is roughly $2,500 per domain – a markup of more than thirty thousand percent (30,000%) over the regulated wholesale price of $7.85. o That’s a profit margin of over 99 percent on each sale
o At these prices, the value of the HugeDomains’ inventory is nearly $10 billion • Many of HugeDomains’ names have incredibly high price tags. Here are a few examples from their website, as of November 1, 2018: o NeighborhoodWatch.com for $1.25 million o Margin.com is $3.5 million o Glossary.com is offered at $7.5 million o Even the fluff in their inventory isn’t cheap – Fluff.com is listed at $325,000 And yet, TurnCommerce has been actively lobbying our government to freeze the wholesale price of .com domain names. When they can buy .com names at capped wholesale prices, and mark them up to $2,500, $50,000, $1 million, or even $7 million, does anyone believe they are lobbying for continued price caps in order to protect consumers? Even traditional registrars like GoDaddy have become big players in the secondary market and hold large portfolios of domain names for resale. GoDaddy’s public filings show it has spent over $100 million buying domain names for resale purposes. GoDaddy holds these domain names and then offers them to consumers and small businesses at prices that are often thousands of times the wholesale price. There’s nothing in GoDaddy’s public filings about its profits from this practice, but GoDaddy claims its domain name portfolio is worth $2.5 billion.
TurnCommerce and GoDaddy are not the only ones profiting from .com price caps. Domain speculation, or “domain scalping,” as some call it, has become a highly profitable industry unto itself. In fact, one of the top domain name speculators in this market reports a net worth of $500 million. These speculators even have their own lobbying group, the Internet Commerce Association (ICA), where TurnCommerce and GoDaddy are members via their subsidiaries NameBright and Afternic. Ironically, in this speculators’ market, the price control on .com domain names serves only to reduce the cost of domain names bought by these speculators. Domain speculator Frank Schilling stated that the .com price cap “…has given the [domain speculation] industry a shot in the arm,” in a Jan. 2017 podcast interview. Flipping domain names or warehousing them to create scarcity adds nothing to the industry and merely allows those engaged in this questionable practice to enrich themselves at the expense of consumers and businesses. So how large is this market? The answer may shock you. Verisign estimates that over $1 billion in annual secondary-market sales of .com domain names can be documented through publicly available data. Several domain speculators believe the size of the total market is $2-3 billion a year. Perhaps $1.5 billion is closer to the actual number, which is about equal to the total annual pre-tax domain name revenue of all ICANN registry services providers combined, including Verisign.
Recently, some who profit most from the unregulated secondary domain market have been lobbying our government to freeze .com wholesale prices. They say their goal is to protect small businesses and consumers. But their business models and domain resale prices show that their real goal is to preserve the profits they earn from .com price caps. In fact, the real opportunity for consumer savings would come from reducing or eliminating the more than $1 billion per year in scalping fees that businesses and consumers pay today. The bottom line is this: Since our government continues to regulate .com prices, then we should make sure that price regulation actually benefits consumers, instead of contributing over a billion dollars to domain speculators every year. How can we ensure that the intended benefits of the .com price caps actually accrue to consumers? Stay tuned – that question will be tackled in my next blog post, where I’ll explore this question with industry experts. You’ll be surprised at how simple and effective some of the answers will be. SHARE"

JEANNIE MCPHERSON Director of Product Management, Social Media and Mobile Applications. Jeannie McPherson is Director of Product Management for Verisign’s social media and mobile initiatives. An avid social media and domain name enthusiast, Jeannie is responsible for managing the development and implementation of products and campaigns designed to illustrate the value of domain name registration for use with social media and mobile.

Brad and friends, when I arrived on the domain scene over three years ago I knew this industry was seriously screwed up, but it wasn't until Verisign (stock symbol VRSN) and sole source monopoly for the .com extension wrote this scathing exposé that my suspicions were confirmed:xf.smile: Then when the likes of Go Daddy stole a domain that I'd purchased from them and Radix a little over a month ago, and then turned around and tried to sell it back to me for $500,000, that was all the evidence I needed(y)

by,

Whistleblower.online:xf.rolleyes:

TLDR

•••
Lol.....i see we have the usual suspects attempting to defend Verisign's accurate description of the secondary market;

"But there is also an unregulated secondary market – led by domain speculators – hiding in plain sight. There, some speculators buy domain names at regulated low prices, then sell them at a far higher price. This secondary market is as old as the domain name system itself. However, since the wholesale price cap was imposed on .com in 2012, the secondary market has expanded in ways that exploit consumers. Look at the website HugeDomains.com – owned by registrar TurnCommerce – where nearly four million .com domain names are warehoused and offered for sale: • None are offered below $195, and 90 percent of their names are priced above $1,000. • The average price is roughly $2,500 per domain – a markup of more than thirty thousand percent (30,000%) over the regulated wholesale price of $7.85. o That’s a profit margin of over 99 percent on each sale
o At these prices, the value of the HugeDomains’ inventory is nearly $10 billion • Many of HugeDomains’ names have incredibly high price tags. Here are a few examples from their website, as of November 1, 2018: o NeighborhoodWatch.com for $1.25 million o Margin.com is $3.5 million o Glossary.com is offered at $7.5 million o Even the fluff in their inventory isn’t cheap – Fluff.com is listed at $325,000 And yet, TurnCommerce has been actively lobbying our government to freeze the wholesale price of .com domain names. When they can buy .com names at capped wholesale prices, and mark them up to $2,500, $50,000, $1 million, or even $7 million, does anyone believe they are lobbying for continued price caps in order to protect consumers? Even traditional registrars like GoDaddy have become big players in the secondary market and hold large portfolios of domain names for resale. GoDaddy’s public filings show it has spent over $100 million buying domain names for resale purposes. GoDaddy holds these domain names and then offers them to consumers and small businesses at prices that are often thousands of times the wholesale price. There’s nothing in GoDaddy’s public filings about its profits from this practice, but GoDaddy claims its domain name portfolio is worth $2.5 billion.
TurnCommerce and GoDaddy are not the only ones profiting from .com price caps. Domain speculation, or “domain scalping,” as some call it, has become a highly profitable industry unto itself. In fact, one of the top domain name speculators in this market reports a net worth of $500 million. These speculators even have their own lobbying group, the Internet Commerce Association (ICA), where TurnCommerce and GoDaddy are members via their subsidiaries NameBright and Afternic. Ironically, in this speculators’ market, the price control on .com domain names serves only to reduce the cost of domain names bought by these speculators. Domain speculator Frank Schilling stated that the .com price cap “…has given the [domain speculation] industry a shot in the arm,” in a Jan. 2017 podcast interview. Flipping domain names or warehousing them to create scarcity adds nothing to the industry and merely allows those engaged in this questionable practice to enrich themselves at the expense of consumers and businesses. So how large is this market? The answer may shock you. Verisign estimates that over $1 billion in annual secondary-market sales of .com domain names can be documented through publicly available data. Several domain speculators believe the size of the total market is $2-3 billion a year. Perhaps $1.5 billion is closer to the actual number, which is about equal to the total annual pre-tax domain name revenue of all ICANN registry services providers combined, including Verisign.
Recently, some who profit most from the unregulated secondary domain market have been lobbying our government to freeze .com wholesale prices. They say their goal is to protect small businesses and consumers. But their business models and domain resale prices show that their real goal is to preserve the profits they earn from .com price caps. In fact, the real opportunity for consumer savings would come from reducing or eliminating the more than $1 billion per year in scalping fees that businesses and consumers pay today. The bottom line is this: Since our government continues to regulate .com prices, then we should make sure that price regulation actually benefits consumers, instead of contributing over a billion dollars to domain speculators every year. How can we ensure that the intended benefits of the .com price caps actually accrue to consumers? Stay tuned – that question will be tackled in my next blog post, where I’ll explore this question with industry experts. You’ll be surprised at how simple and effective some of the answers will be. SHARE"

JEANNIE MCPHERSON Director of Product Management, Social Media and Mobile Applications. Jeannie McPherson is Director of Product Management for Verisign’s social media and mobile initiatives. An avid social media and domain name enthusiast, Jeannie is responsible for managing the development and implementation of products and campaigns designed to illustrate the value of domain name registration for use with social media and mobile.

Brad and friends, when I arrived on the domain scene over three years ago I knew this industry was seriously screwed up, but it wasn't until Verisign (stock symbol VRSN) and sole source monopoly for the .com extension wrote this scathing exposé that my suspicions were confirmed:xf.smile: Then when the likes of Go Daddy stole a domain that I'd purchased from them and Radix a little over a month ago, and then turned around and tried to sell it back to me for $500,000, that was all the evidence I needed(y)

by,

Whistleblower.online:xf.rolleyes:
Rich, it's so sad that after 3.5 years you don't understand why it's perfectly reasonable to put these pricetags on these .com domains.

You can't even coherently explain what the key issue is in your mind. Are you upset that good .com domains are so expensive? Or are you upset that other extensions aren't desired by end users?

Verisign's comments were self-serving... They just want to be able to charge more for registrations. What's your ultimate goal?

•••
Rich, it's so sad that after 3.5 years you don't understand why it's perfectly reasonable to put these pricetags on these .com domains.

You can't even coherently explain what the key issue is in your mind. Are you upset that good .com domains are so expensive? Or are you upset that other extensions aren't desired by end users?

Verisign's comments were self-serving... They just want to be able to charge more for registrations. What's your ultimate goal?
"Are you upset that good .com domains are so expensive" Wow Joe.....are you're missing the boat:xf.frown: I'm not upset, I'm ecstatic(y) And if there are any novices out there that don't understand why I might be ecstatic, I'd suggest you talk to anyone but a domainer. Then I would suggest you ask most anyone whether or not they've heard of the new extension .online that's rapidly becoming the new replacement for .com.

If you see a puzzled look on their face have them contact me....you can FindMe.online:xf.wink:

Now ask me Joe if I'm having Fun:ROFL:online

•••
Pretty much everything you do and I do 24/7 is .online not .com. Dispute it if you'd like, but it's a FACT!

Yep. That is exactly what makes .ONLINE so redundant as a domain extension.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yep. That is exactly what makes .ONLINE so redundant as a domain extension.

Brad
Redundant to you, but with my PowerMoves.online anything is possible.

I don't know about you Brad, but I'm having more than a BarrelofMonkeys.online

•••
"Are you upset that good .com domains are so expensive" Wow Joe.....are you're missing the boat:xf.frown: I'm not upset, I'm ecstatic(y) And if there are any novices out there that don't understand why I might be ecstatic, I'd suggest you talk to anyone but a domainer. Then I would suggest you ask most anyone whether or not they've heard of the new extension .online that's rapidly becoming the new replacement for .com.

If you see a puzzled look on their face have them contact me....you can FindMe.online:xf.wink:

Now ask me Joe if I'm having Fun:ROFL:online
Same weird, circular discussion as always. Carry on, Rich! I'll check back in another 3.5 years to see how much more money has been sunk into the next big idea to take the domain industry by storm.

•••
Same weird, circular discussion as always. Carry on, Rich! I'll check back in another 3.5 years to see how much more money has been sunk into the next big idea to take the domain industry by storm.

So Joe....you think investing $2,500 in 2,200 .online domains is a lot of money??? I guess you think it's like buying lottery tickets that I rarely do:xf.rolleyes: So my partner who owns Bird Mad Media will be online here in a few days. Last night after we had few beers he goes home and registers about a dozen .online domains. One of the domains he registered was/is BookaCruise.online. Now I'll let you do the homework Joe, and call down to the Caymens (tax haven) where a GD's rep will tell you how much they're asking for BookaCruise.com.

Once you've done that Joe, you might want to contact the IRS about Go Daddy's and Uni's new partnership arrangement. I haven't done it yet, and maybe you can save me some time:xf.wink:

ChaosMarketing.online
and
BetheChaos.online(y)

•••
Hey @ThatNameGuy ..

I found a .online use case in my email I thought I'd share with you...

Jack in the Box has some pretty sweet deals in the APP. I guess signing up for the APP opted me into to their email mailing list. Nonetheless, seeing the [email protected] in the <name> rather than the typical Jack in the Box - Mobile App <name> made me pause for (1) was that name guy on to something? (2) is this legit or spam?

upload_2021-3-24_6-39-25.png

Turns out, even the emails from "Jack in the Box -- Mobile App" <name> are sent from JackInTheBox.Online.

upload_2021-3-24_6-46-40.png

So anybody receiving these emails could have cross compared the two and found the App was simply using a .online email address with two different names. And I hate to admit it, but once you get past the phishing concern, seeing @JackInTheBox.Online has a decent subliminal ring to it, but I guess the question is, is it really necessary? And would an email such as [email protected] or [email protected] be a better email name, or do they want to get the point across it is a no reply email, and that they are online? I'm sure the marketing team is running tests, and cross comparing what gets more attention in terms of open rate, and other metrics.

Being a domain guy, I checked the phishing concern via DomainIQ WHOIS to confirm that a @JackInTheBox.com email address was histroically connected to their .Online to confirm it was connected to JackInTheBox and wasn't a phishing attempt. Which turns out, yes it is connected. And not that this is "absolute proof" of researching/protecting against phishing as domains drop, just mentioning as it can be a good starting point.

I also noticed a few other interesting jackintheboxonline domains regged by @jackinthebox.com that might have been regged to protect against phishing the .online email campaign. To speculate on what Jack In The Box might have been thinking/prepared for see the registration timeline for JackInTheBox registered domains from June 28th, 2017:

JackInTheBoxOnline.net @ 17:38
JackInTheBox.Online @ 22:38 renewed the longest***
JackInTheBoxOnline.Org @ 22:38
JackInTheBoxOnline.Biz @ 22:42
JackInTheBoxOnline.Info @ 22:42

Notice it looks like JackInTheBoxOnline.Net was regged first, almost looking like they were setting up an online network. Then settled on dropping the .net, and seemingly ended up just using JackInTheBox.online.

What strikes me as odd, amateurish, or maybe just an oversight is why would JackInTheBox leave JackInTheBoxOnline.com unregistered and available for anybody to register/potentially exposing themselves to a possible phishing exploit and/or catch all data leak? especially considering they took these protective/defensive registration measures for the .org/.biz/.info version.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @ThatNameGuy ..

I found a .online use case in my email I thought I'd share with you...

Grilled....that's really good stuff...the sort of thing I started this thread for. Some of what you said is a little over my head so I'll have to read it over again and maybe retain a little more next time.

The more lay people (consumers and businesses) I have a chance to explain the .online extension to, the more I find they like it. Especially when you share with them names like Reservations.online, BookaCruise.online, GolfEquipment.online and even ChaosMarketing.online.

Thanks again(y)

Last edited:
•••
So Joe....you think investing $2,500 in 2,200 .online domains is a lot of money??? I guess you think it's like buying lottery tickets that I rarely do:xf.rolleyes: So my partner who owns Bird Mad Media will be online here in a few days. Last night after we had few beers he goes home and registers about a dozen .online domains. One of the domains he registered was/is BookaCruise.online. Now I'll let you do the homework Joe, and call down to the Caymens (tax haven) where a GD's rep will tell you how much they're asking for BookaCruise.com.

Once you've done that Joe, you might want to contact the IRS about Go Daddy's and Uni's new partnership arrangement. I haven't done it yet, and maybe you can save me some time:xf.wink:

ChaosMarketing.online
and
BetheChaos.online(y)
It's a lot to spend on an investment that has a slim chance of paying off. And I'm not just talking about the purely financial investment... What is your time worth to you?

Maybe you don't care about the hundreds of hours spent researching, buying, listing, and promoting these things. You do keep talking about how much fun you're having, so maybe this is really just a hobby for you. But then you're off talking about hiring lawyers and advertisers, and about revolutionizing the industry, so it sure sounds like you have pretty lofty expectations of success and profit for this particular venture. So I ask again... What is your time worth to you? How much are you going to need to profit from these names to hit that number?

Looking forward to hearing from your partner once he's registered here!

Last edited:
•••
It's a lot to spend on an investment that has a slim chance of paying off. And I'm not just talking about the purely financial investment... What is your time worth to you?

Maybe you don't care about the hundreds of hours spent researching, buying, listing, and promoting these things. You do keep talking about how much fun you're having, so maybe this is really just a hobby for you. But then you're off talking about hiring lawyers and advertisers, and about revolutionizing the industry, so it sure sounds like you have pretty lofty expectations of success and profit for this particular venture. So I ask again... What is your time worth to you? How much are you going to need to profit from these names to hit that number?

Looking forward to hearing from your partner once he's registered here!
Seriously, what do you know about a "slim chance" of paying off:xf.rolleyes: I'm sure my time's worth a lot more than yours simply because of my entrepreneurial experience. Why are you back here anyway...i thought you said, "I'll check back in another 3.5 years to see":xf.grin:

Joe, how much is your time worth that you've spent the last 3.5 years of your life trying to learn something from me:xf.wink: The fact that you and a few others can't stay away is flattering, but collectively it has to be a total waste of time.

I would think you might make more money paying attention to your own business than paying attention to mine. Seriously, how much is your time worth?

Then for those of you who are here to learn more about the new gTLD .online you should really check it out as a viable alternative to .com. Then do a little research on your own to see if good business names left of the dot are even available to purchase with .com right of the dot. You'll be amazed at what you discover:xf.eek:

•••
Seriously, what do you know about a "slim chance" of paying off:xf.rolleyes: I'm sure my time's worth a lot more than yours simply because of my entrepreneurial experience. Why are you back here anyway...i thought you said, "I'll check back in another 3.5 years to see":xf.grin:

Joe, how much is your time worth that you've spent the last 3.5 years of your life trying to learn something from me:xf.wink: The fact that you and a few others can't stay away is flattering, but collectively it has to be a total waste of time.

I would think you might make more money paying attention to your own business than paying attention to mine. Seriously, how much is your time worth?

Then for those of you who are here to learn more about the new gTLD .online you should really check it out as a viable alternative to .com. Then do a little research on your own to see if good business names left of the dot are even available to purchase with .com right of the dot. You'll be amazed at what you discover:xf.eek:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

When you're feeling mature and courageous enough to have a real discussion, Rich, I'll be here.

•••
When you're feeling mature and courageous enough to have a real discussion, Rich, I'll be here.
lol, "I'll be here" There's no having a "mature and courageous" discussion with you. You're so set and determined in your ways it's truly pitiful. Thus I'll use this as an opportunity to share with other others why I believe that .online is a viable alternative to .com, to showcase my .online domains, and to share how I plan to monetize and profit from what is now a portfolio of 2,237 names that I've hand registered since the NamesCon Online convention back in January.

I know this doesn't mean much to you Joe, but I follow the ntldstats.com website like a hawk. As of today Radix's .online extension has 2,069,638 registered domains aka DUM or domains under management. Of the 1,000+ new extensions in existence .online has moved up to third place not far behind .xyz and .icu. They have a 7.42% market share of all new gTLD's registered of which I own a little over 1/10 of 1%. What's funny is, Peak.Domains an ally of yours and a compadré of the Domain.Coach posted something to the affect that I own 24%:xf.rolleyes:

Moving on....you and others have seen several hundred of the .online domains that I've showcased over the last several months from Whistleblower.online to ChaosMarketing.online, to JackAss.online to Reservations.online (in litigation). You might say I uncovered a niche within a niche yesterday and registered a little over 50 domains all of which has the keyword "News". It's because most people today get their news online, that I grabbed these domains before you or anyone else;

NewsCon.online
MergerNews.online
RoboNews.online
JunkNews.online
Single(s)News.online
CompanyNews.online
ComputerNews.online
RacingNews.online
PubNews.online
ToyNews.online
ShoppingNews.com
and the list goes on.

Joe, since I'm pretty easily entertained, this isn't work to me. It's entertainment(y) While focusing on mostly news domains, i drifted a little and registered SpineHealth.online and a brand type domain Clickster.online.

Now here's where the proverbial rubber meets the road. No doubt left of the dot these are all good names and anyone in this business will have to agree. I was talking with my friend Rob Monster of Epik.online yesterday, and while I don't intend to use Epik exclusively, i do like their landing pages and plan on using them to compliment my "outbound" strategies.

Also i've finally found what I consider to be a "technical" partner in the incredible Zontini of BirdMad Media.
I've known Zontini and his Dad Tony for over 20 years, and we've done a lot of work together for charities in the area. Another young man AChandler of Chaos Licensing is also interested in getting involved. He's where I got the idea for Chaos Marketing and "licensing" domains

More to the point, the incredible Zontini is already working on a site for a domain that he located and hand registered,...BookaCruise.online. Where else would you book a cruise....at the dock or while it's a sea:xf.wink:

Finally, I'll share more of my "outbound" marketing strategy as it evolves. Cheers(y)

•••
Unafraid.online

interesting that when I ask friends and peers and non domainers about the .online extension being an alternative to .com when .com has died and gone to heaven☺, they likeit.online(y)

•••
This is so much fun......while adding PainSolutions.online to my portfolio I ran into old friend who use to run a local medical group called PainManagement. Having been in the healthcare business myself for about fifteen years I always knew there was money to be made in healthcare if you knew what you were doing.

HealthcareDomains.online is a perfect fit for new and virtual domains. Here are a few just registered;

ProfessionalAdvice.online
ProfessionalAdvisor.online
VirtualProfessional(s).online

•••
Showcasing why the Domain Industry is such a Joke:ROFL:

BargainBasement.online

Joke Explanation; 1st - Go Daddy values BargainBasement.com at $7,031 2nd - There is no website or business developed behind the URL BargainBasement.com 3rd - when you key BargainBasement.com it leads to a Go Daddy webiste that asks "if" you're interested, pay us $119 and we'll see if we can locate the owner (which in many cases is them) and help you buy it for a price that exceeds our valuation of $7,031:xf.rolleyes:

OceanGourmet.online

Joke Explanation; 1st - Go Daddy values OceanGourmet.com at $1,992 and are asking $4,388 for it. 2nd - when you key OceanGourmet.com to the URL, it leads you to BuyDomains.com, the broker offering OceanGourmet.com for sale 3rd - GD and Buy Domains consider OceanGourmet.com to be a "Premium" domain only because "they say so"

While explaining all this to domainer's is moot to an extent, but it does give me practice for when I'm explaining the Joke to typical consumers and "end users" especially when they're looking to buy a domain that matches their business name.

GetMoreforLess.online:xf.smile:

•••

As an fyi Joe....NP moved my answer to your inquiry regarding Verisign to a new venue titled "Verisign Review" In the interim here are a few more .online domains I just registered;

InvestmentServices.online
and
Clickpreneur.online - that would be me Joe:xf.smile:...."feeling mature and courageous"(y)

•••
Showcasing;

CreditSolutions.online - GD Appraisal for the .com match $12,500
DevilsAdvocate.online - GD Appraisal for the .com match $ 8,981

according to ntldstats(.)com, .online has a 7.47% market share and 2.072M domains under management.

Love being the Devils Advocate:xf.rolleyes:

•••
I don't really understand the point of registering an .ONLINE then comparing that to the GoDaddy appraised value of .COM.

First of all, automated appraisals are not very meaningful. Secondly, there is no comparison between .COM and .ONLINE.

Here is a simple (3) step business model.

Step 1 - Register thousands of .ONLINE domains.
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - Make lots of money.

If you can just figure out step 2, you got this!

Brad

•••
I don't really understand the point of registering an .ONLINE then comparing that to the GoDaddy appraised value of .COM.

First of all, automated appraisals are not very meaningful. Secondly, there is no comparison between .COM and .ONLINE.

Here is a simple (3) step business model.

Step 1 - Register thousands of .ONLINE domains.
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - Make lots of money.

If you can just figure out step 2, you got this!

Brad
The fact that you don't understand why I would register a domain like PainSolutions.online and next to it share the valuation of PainSolutions.com - $8,703 speaks volumes to me Brad. How so? Assuming you're a Doctor who owns or is starting a pain management practice and you would like to have PainSolutions.com, but it's not available or it's so expensive you can't afford it, why wouldn't you consider an alternative if it were both available and affordable??? If you can figure that out Brad, you surely should understand why I would show my Doctor friends there are affordable alternatives:xf.rolleyes:

DotComAlternatives.online:banghead:

•••
Showcasing;

RefiLoan.online - Go Daddy asking so much for RefiLoan I'm embarrassed to post:xf.smile:

RefiMortgage.online - GD values @ $12,999

the real joke is very few of the .coms are available much less affordable:xf.frown:

•••
Go Daddy asking so much for RefiLoan I'm embarrassed to post:xf.smile:
Just a clarification, Rich:

GoDaddy doesn't own RefiLoan in .com, so they aren't the ones asking for that price. It's been registered since 1998, and the landing page is actually a parking page with a link that redirects you to a Uniregistry sales enquiry page.

The owner has quite a nice collection of other loan related names like StartupLoans, PayLoans, and PrivateLoan.

•••
Just a clarification, Rich:

GoDaddy doesn't own RefiLoan in .com, so they aren't the ones asking for that price. It's been registered since 1998, and the landing page is actually a parking page with a link that redirects you to a Uniregistry sales enquiry page.

The owner has quite a nice collection of other loan related names like StartupLoans, PayLoans, and PrivateLoan.
Wow Joe....you and your buddy Brad are so much fun, and you're right about RefiLoan.com having been "hoarded" since 1998. Asking price? Whatever they can get for it, but typically in excess of $10,000.

As a viable affordable alternative I own RefiLoan.online which is an EXACT MATCH left of the dot. And you and I both know there is ZERO technical difference between .com and .online right of the dot:xf.smile:

Thanks for sharing some of "the owners" other domains. As a result I'm the proud new owner of;

StartUpLoans.online
and
StartUpFinancing.online

Keep 'em coming Joe.....you're doing a great job(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back