NameSilo

Should I sell or stand by my last offer?

Labeled as advice in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by sellian, Oct 18, 2020 at 1:18 AM

Replies:
8
Views:
338

  1. sellian

    sellian Established Member

    Posts:
    270
    Likes Received:
    107
    Hi fellow domainers, I need some help.

    I have received a 1000$ offer for a 7L brandable on BrandPa last Friday.

    This is the second time (within 5 months) the same buyer makes an offer for this domain. The first time, BP's agent managed to agree to a 1299$ final price but, in the end, the client bought another domain instead (as told by the agent).

    Shortly after that, I lowered my listing price from 2499 to 2199$.

    Now, the same buyer has come back with a 1000$ max offer. I suppose he has seen the price drop and has lowered his offer accordingly.

    Given the fact that there is a real interest from this buyer, should I sell the domain for 1000$ (750$ net after 25% commission)? Or should I stand by my last offer of 1299$ and see what happens? Would I be risking losing this client forever? Also, what kind of person do you think this buyer is, an end-user, or an investor?

    I am asking this because this whole story of buying another domain and coming back a few months later sounds a little weird to me.

    FYI: The domain was hand registered around April this year for around 7$.

    Thanks a lot for your help! :)

    Jose
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. karmaco

    karmaco Top Contributor VIP

    Posts:
    2,593
    Likes Received:
    6,643
    Its up to you if you need the funds right now.

    Its obviously another domainer wanting a deal. I personally would be trying to get at least XXXX in profit otherwise why bother letting Brandpa take a 25% cut when you could make that kind of deal elsewhere. I would not go below $1500 no matter what the name is when paying a commission on a brandable platform but that is me.

    Each person scenario and name in question is different. You could offer a higher price with a payment plan too.

    I think I would stick by my price being that they supposedly backed out once allready.
     
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:50 AM
  3. equity78

    equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    15,540
    Likes Received:
    19,785
    Did you get verification they bought another name?
     
  4. sellian

    sellian Established Member

    Posts:
    270
    Likes Received:
    107
    I got this from BrandPa:

    “Dear Jose, The potential buyer was also considering buying a different domain at the same time and they decided to go ahead with the different one on this occasion...“
     
  5. sellian

    sellian Established Member

    Posts:
    270
    Likes Received:
    107
     
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 9:41 AM
  6. Paltzar

    Paltzar Hardware.company

    Posts:
    2,217
    Likes Received:
    327
    if you need the money sell it
    if not and you see it worth more just wait
     
  7. karmaco

    karmaco Top Contributor VIP

    Posts:
    2,593
    Likes Received:
    6,643
    Domainers have different wallets. To some $100 is alot to others $1000 is pocket change. Without knowing the name cannot guess why he wants it (Do not post it on this thread. It will show up on Google) but yes they buy to resell for higher.
     
  8. pokainc

    pokainc Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    2,760
    Likes Received:
    2,862
    depends how good your name is.. if you thought the chance of selling was a super longshot then sell it. If you believe in it a bit, then don't sell. Worst case stand by 1300$. If the buyer is half-serious, they will shell out that 300$ to secure a name that they seem to still keep an eye on for a few months.
     
  9. sellian

    sellian Established Member

    Posts:
    270
    Likes Received:
    107
    Thanks a lot, Pokainc! As pointed out via PM by karmaco, someone has registered (12 days ago) and developed the dot.net version of my name. It's in Polish, and this is what they do (as translated by google):

    “We offer a service that allows you to collect all opinions, select them and display them on your own website, as well as notify about new ones. Comments and ratings are collected from the indicated sources - including the most popular social, industry and opinion-forming websites.“


    I could probably sell it for much more If I held for a long time waiting for them to become successful, but this is a long and risky strategy I think, or not?

    I think I will stick to my 1300$ price so I can get at least 1000$ after commissions.

    Thanks again! Jose
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...