NameSilo

domain Should I pay nearly $100 each for redemption at GoDaddy or let these go? - euphemisms.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Accidentally let these expire and regretting it heavily, especially on the one-word .net

ewho.net
qsex.org
euphemisms.net
rdico.com

Should I pay GoDaddy's extortion fee on any of these? I REALLY wanted to keep Euphemisms.net but it may be just an emotional attachment since I had it so long. Thanks in advance for the advice peeps :)

Also, I lost jostle.net at Enom and they want like $240 to recover it. Pure evil lol but any advice on that one too would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd let all go.

You could definitely use that redemption money towards a better domain(s).

•••
I agree with Nazz. I don't think you'll find anyone willing to pay more than $100 for any of those names.

•••
•••
Accidentally let these expire and regretting it heavily, especially on the one-word .net

ewho.net
qsex.org
euphemisms.net
rdico.com

Should I pay GoDaddy's extortion fee on any of these? I REALLY wanted to keep Euphemisms.net but it may be just an emotional attachment since I had it so long. Thanks in advance for the advice peeps :)

Also, I lost jostle.net at Enom and they want like $240 to recover it. Pure evil lol but any advice on that one too would be greatly appreciated

you probably know it.. but in case you do not.. if you're still under 40 days.. u can transfer out without redemption fee ;)

thought I'd mention it cause redemption fee kicks in at various times I think.. depending on registrar.. and gd happens to be quite early if I remember well. gl.

Last edited:
•••
Spend it if you like burning money.

•••
Looks like these 4 names at GoDaddy expired on 4/30 or 5/1. You should still be able to unlock them and get the authorization codes to transfer them away without having to pay a redemption fee.

1. Log into your GoDaddy account.
2. Next to Domains click Manage.
3. From the Domains menu, select Expired Domains. You should see these names listed here.
4. Unlock the domains (hover your cursor over the green check marks and click to edit/change to unlock).
5. Select the domains you want to transfer out and then click Email Authorization.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks everyone and especially Alcy and Boziffous. Good info!

•••
I would also vote let them go.... I reckon for $400 you could fetch way better domains here on NP.

But if you can transfer them out...then score! :)

•••
I have transferred out even a bit beyond the 40 day mark at GD, no prob.

Once the transfer has started you can click in the GD pending transfers section to make it immediate, 15 minutes later it will be at your new registrar - no suspenseful 5-7 day waiting period for the transfer.

•••
Thank you Carob. I found that on my own just before you posted but thanks for the info! One seems to be stuck but I got them all transferred for over to Name.com. Thanks everyone for your input! Namepros rocks!

•••
•••
I wouldn't pay transfer fee drop them and move on.

•••
@briman1970 - did you try the same for the one at enom? It may just be too late on that one, IDK how long enom holds until it hits the 30 day RGP. Plus if you have to get with support they are harder to deal with.

•••
@briman1970 - did you try the same for the one at enom? It may just be too late on that one, IDK how long enom holds until it hits the 30 day RGP. Plus if you have to get with support they are harder to deal with.
I haven't tried yet but I'm gonna

•••
Strong community!(y) Namepros Thumb up!

•••
Interesting info - I didn't know you could transfer expired names. :)

•••
My knowledge of transferring expired domains I learned entirely on NP. There's some tricks depending on the losing registrar in getting Auth Codes and if the domains are unlocked and if they previously had privacy (it's better if they did NOT)

For general benefit of everyone, here's the exact ICANN policy:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2012-02-25-en

My domain name has just expired. Can my registrar require me to pay for a renewal before I can transfer to a new registrar?

No. Your new registrar of choice can initiate a transfer request on an expired domain name once they receive the required authorization from you. Expiration or nonrenewal of a domain name is not a valid reason for denial of a transfer request.

Note that if the registrar has already begun the deletion process on the domain name and its status shows it to be within a 30-day Redemption Grace Period, the name must be restored by your current registrar before it can be transferred.

•••
did anyone bid on the expired godaddy domains?

that might be useful info.

•••
I will let go all of the domain & try to invest that $400 in any nice LLLL.com .

•••
latest

•••
•••
•••
Thank you everyone! Love this community even though I don't visit near enough lately due to life stuff :(

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back