NameSilo

What can I do? Pay redemption fee to GoDaddy, but the names still in grace period

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
sprites_v1.png

Ethan G.

Info
at 22:34, Dec 6:
You are number 1 in queue, with an estimated wait time of 0 Minutes and 1 seconds. Thank you for your patience, one of our experts will be with you shortly.
Info
You are now chatting with Ethan G..
omelet
hello there
Ethan G.
Hi, thank you for contacting Sales and Support Chat. My name is Ethan G, how may I help you today?
omelet
at 22:35, Dec 6:
I am good thank you
omelet
i have 3 domain names just expired. I think they are still in grace period, but when I renew them, i have tp pay redemption fee
Ethan G.
Sure. No worries. Let me check that for you real quick. Could you please verify your 4-digit PIN?
omelet
the names are: potato.studio, meow.studio, broccoli.studio
Ethan G.
Ethan G. has sent you a Secure Form: https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-happens-after-domain-names-expire-6700 for future referrence.
omelet
at 22:42, Dec 6:
Ok I will do
Ethan G.
So to renew these threee

omelet
since .com, .ca, .co, .company, all of the, are 42 days
Ethan G.
That would be $330.51
Ethan G.
With redemption fees, and renewal for 1 yar.
Ethan G.
All of the domains are just the same.
omelet
can u please remove the redumption fee for me?
Ethan G.
It just that the redemption fee applies on the 19th day upon expiration
omelet
at 22:43, Dec 6:
if it is 330.51, I really have no money to renew,,,,have to let them expired and go..
omelet
at 22:43, Dec 6:
if you can help me remove the redumption fee this time, I can renew them right away
omelet
at 22:44, Dec 6:
I think thats win win
Ethan G.
Unfortunately, we can't remove that
Ethan G.
But let me check the best I can do to at least lessen the cost
omelet
at 22:45, Dec 6:
thank you
Ethan G.
at 22:47, Dec 6:
I checked this with my manager and he said that our discount aren't working for .STUDIO domains as those domains are Generic top-level domain.
omelet
at 22:48, Dec 6:
if that is the case, I have no solution but to withdraw the names....
omelet
at 22:49, Dec 6:
thats too sad
Ethan G.
Sorry to hear that, what I could recommend is
Ethan G.
To wait for them to be released back in our front of site
Ethan G.
And that would take 90 days upon expirtaion
omelet
can u please help me get the auth code?
omelet
at 22:50, Dec 6:
so that I can transfer away
Ethan G.
at 22:51, Dec 6:
The domain were already on expired domains means you can transfer them anymore unless you renew them
omelet
expired domain can still transferred. i know that's common sense
Ethan G.
The domain were already on expired domains means you can't transfer them anymore unless you renew them
Ethan G.

Wait, I'll send you a link
Ethan G.
at 22:52, Dec 6:
https://ph.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019
Ethan G.
at 22:53, Dec 6:
It says there "You must complete the transfer during its grace period before the domain name falls into "redemption," which is when the domain name begins its transfer back to the registry for someone else to register it"
omelet
at 22:53, Dec 6:
can u give me 50% off the redemption fee?
omelet
at 22:54, Dec 6:
why not, godaddy can still make half of the redemption fee
Ethan G.
at 22:55, Dec 6:
We could do that for common domain names, like .com , .net , org and etc. not just with .Studio as that is considered as special domain, and trust me I checked this with my manager and he said that there's no code working on .studio domains for redemption and I'm really sorry about that
omelet
at 22:56, Dec 6:
ok
Ethan G.
at 22:58, Dec 6:
Thanks for understanding, so just to verify, would you still want to proceed in renewing these domain names/
omelet
at 22:58, Dec 6:
which one? .studio?
Ethan G.
at 22:59, Dec 6:
Yes,
omelet
at 22:59, Dec 6:
no
Ethan G.
at 23:00, Dec 6:
OH I see, but incase you consider just chat us back when y ou're ready.
Ethan G.
at 23:00, Dec 6:
Anything else for today?
omelet
at 23:01, Dec 6:
ready for what
omelet
at 23:02, Dec 6:
chat back can get discount?
Ethan G.
Oh I mean, when you re-consider to renew them
omelet
if I consider to renew them,,,can u give discount?
Ethan G.
at 23:03, Dec 6:
With the redemption fee, we can't. But incase you renew them after you redeem them then yes.
omelet
at 23:04, Dec 6:
redeem?
omelet
If I renew them, then what s the benefit
Ethan G.
Redeem means restore them,
Ethan G.
Benefit of renewing them, you would be able to use them again
omelet
at 23:05, Dec 6:
i dont understand. if I renew them, do I have to chat with you again?
omelet
at 23:06, Dec 6:
"But incase you renew them after you redeem them then yes." then yes for what
Ethan G.
at 23:06, Dec 6:
You can renew them by yourself with the redemption fee of $80.00 each
Ethan G.
at 23:07, Dec 6:
That means, after you pay the redemption fee and renews them again, I would be able to give you discount, not just now as our discount codes aren't working with .studion redemption fees.

omelet
at 23:08, Dec 6:
give me discount for which part? future renew? or what
Ethan G.
Yes, future renewals.
omelet
how much
Ethan G.
at 23:09, Dec 6:
Depends what available discount we do have that time, just can't guarantee how much but least would be 15% OFF
omelet
at 23:10, Dec 6:
what 's the regular renew fee?
omelet
at 23:11, Dec 6:
http://www.rwgusa.com/faq_studio_Renew-Grace-Period.htm
omelet
I checked .studio name grace period is 40 days
omelet
you lie
omelet
at 23:12, Dec 6:
Grace period for .studio domain name? In accordance with ICANN, Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) have a 40 day "Grace period" in which a domain name can be renewed without incurring an additional fee. Its important to note however that cpr144449003101 your domain will no longer resolve on the day it expires. After the 40 day grace period, there is a 30 day "Redemption Period" in which you can renew your domain name for an additional $150 USD.
omelet
at 23:12, Dec 6:
do you want me to report your case to namepros? let all the people know how bad you are?
Ethan G.
at 23:13, Dec 6:
That's with ICANN , and you're with Godaddy.
omelet
godaddy has to follow icann, isn;t it
Ethan G.
Check this link again
Ethan G.
https://ph.godaddy.com/help/what-happens-after-domain-names-expire-6700
omelet
all the registrars have to follow icann
Ethan G.
at 23:14, Dec 6:
To see what happen to the domain after i t expires,
omelet
I of course know that
omelet
I have been managing domain names for 12 year, I have 3000 names
Ethan G.
ICANN set rules for the domain names for each Registrar like godaddy
Ethan G.
at 23:15, Dec 6:
Each registrar has it's own regulations based with ICANN
omelet
i jsut talked to uniregistry, and dynadot, they all have 40 days grace period
omelet
OK, I will post on namepros.com
omelet
fully dislose our chat in there
Ethan G.
We have the 40 days gracperiod,
Ethan G.
And it applies
omelet
at 23:16, Dec 6:
but my .studio names still within grace period
Ethan G.
However there's $80.00 redemption fee on the 19th day upon expiration of the domain
omelet
according to icann rules, my domain still in grace period
Ethan G.
Yes, it is. No one said it isn't
Ethan G.
at 23:17, Dec 6:
We're just telling you omelet, that there is redemption fee on the 19th day.
omelet
I will report godaddy to ICANN too
omelet
you are against ICANN
omelet
at 23:18, Dec 6:
I will let all of my friend not regist with godaddy, b/c I know how evil you are
omelet
bad ass
Ethan G.
Sure, you can if you think there's something we violated , and I respect your decision
omelet
and I will transfer away all of my names away from godaddy
Ethan G.
We're not sir, we're just complying with the process, and we're sorry for following it,
Ethan G.
I've been here for years
omelet
at 23:19, Dec 6:
give me 5 min, I will post something on namepros
Ethan G.
And it applies to all.
Ethan G.
Take your time omelet.
omelet
you are not that good. I have experienced something before. :)
Ethan G.
at 23:20, Dec 6:
I know that Rundong, people always think that, and we can't change that, and we're not here to please you nor tell you the things you wanted to hear, we're here to tell you the truth for you to be aware.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So dont expect domainers to know everything than your staff

Even we know nothing, you still need to be of integrity, kindness, honesty, accuracy, and always thinking for customer.

•••
Plus, as a business, they should precious each of customers, consider each of us as valuable member. But I didnt see that from godaddy

You can see they dont me, no problem. I have uniregistry, $8.4/ year to renew com, and I have moved 2000 names to them already. I have namesilo, around 500 over them. I have dynadot, and a few other options

Internet not just have godaddy, domain registries all over there. If godaddy treat me in this sh*tty way, that's because this is their standard to treat small customers like me. If this fundamental services is in so bad quality, how can you expect them to do more ?

You are with godaddy, that;s you choice. I am just pointing out truth.

Godaddy doesn need me, come on, I dont need them either.

I have been where you are, before there was 1,000,000 indexed pages of information on the internet on how to deal with such things, and FAQ's etc. You obviously know you can transfer domains out after expiry, if you say you have 3000 domains, and have been at this 12 years. Why are you wasting your time with them trying to get a discount on chat for a $80 redemption fee for domains like broccoli.studio?

The kind of questions they deal with are my email is not working, how do I setup my hosting, this that, you lead him down a path of redemption, then asking for discounts, then you started haggling %'s. At some registers like ENOM they charge $250 to redeem at GTLD after that grace expiry. Those registries set their own prices, so they probably don't have the room to move. I wouldn't try to discredit Godaddy, you have two top level execs the day after trying to rectify the situation, I am not sure you could ask for anymore from any other company.

Are they going to miss your 230 name business, of course not, some guy is going to register that many random bitcoin domains today alone, are you saying you are not going to use their auction platform anymore? Have you closed out your account? Have you spent $2K and transferred all your names out? I don't think so.

Last edited:
•••
Let me ask you one simple question:

If I am a newbie, without any knowledge in domaining, what would the situation be like eventually?

I think I would pay $300+ bucks for the redemption fee, as the only choice to keep the names I love- this is fully according to Godaddy agent's information.

However, is that the only way? No. But you staff said no other ways.
Can I save the $300+ redemption fee? Yes, but your staff said must pay to keep the names.

Without my insist, my names could not transferred away.

fact.
Most newbies have auto renewal set, and if they let their domains go 30 days past due they no longer want them. Otherwise you find your way to namepros, or google the issue yourself. If you want to use their chat concierge service for them to redeem your month old expired domains, then if you don't know any better, get ready to pay. It happens in every industry from auto repair, to booking a flight, these days you can't expect customer service reps to know everything, you have to know for yourself. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true.

•••
I have been where you are, before there was 1,000,000 indexed pages of information on the internet on how to deal with such things, and FAQ's etc. You obviously know you can transfer domains out after expiry, if you say you have 3000 domains, and have been at this 12 years. Why are you wasting your time with them trying to get a discount on chat for a $80 redemption fee for domains like broccoli.studio?

The kind of questions they deal with are my email is not working, how do I setup my hosting, this that, you lead him down a path of redemption, then asking for discounts, then you started haggling %'s. At some registers like ENOM they charge $250 to redeem at GTLD after that grace expiry. Those registries set their own prices, so they probably don't have the room to move. I wouldn't try to discredit Godaddy, you have two top level execs the day after trying to rectify the situation, I am not sure you could ask for anymore from any other company.

Are they going to miss your 230 name business, of course not, some guy is going to register that many random bitcoin domains today alone, are you saying you are not going to use their auction platform anymore? Have you closed out your account? Have you spent $2K and transferred all your names out? I don't think.

I requested to discount redemption fee is because once upon a time, an agent gave me 50% off in the redemption fee. That's the only time I felt gracious and thankful.

Since they blocked me from transfer away, and i could not transfer away, then negotiating with them to discount the redemption fee was my choice.

I know they would not give me 100% off the fee, but I requested for remove fully was only because I thought they might consider 50% off

However, when I negotiating with them, I felt they were much worse than my thinking

•••
Most newbies have auto renewal set, and if they let their domains go 30 days past due they no longer want them. Otherwise you find your way to namepros, or google the issue yourself. If you want to use their chat concierge service for them to redeem your month old expired domains, then if you don't know any better, get ready to pay. It happens in every industry from auto repair, to booking a flight, these days you can't expect customer service reps to know everything, you have to know for yourself. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true.

man, you got fucked. then you still accept the fucked reality and say no other options let him fucked me.

You joking.

Godaddy is not a small company, they big. They used to be NO.1. they have to behave professionally, especially on these fundmental small things.

If on these small things, customers could not protect themselves, do we still have hope in life??????????????????

Last edited:
•••
man, you got f*cked. then you still accept the f*cked reality and say no other options let him f*cked me.

You joking
You didn't get anything, you should have an account rep, or contact if you say you own 3000 domains. Why are you asking low level chat support. You are extensive user of namepros, most people here have infinite knowledge of domains, post a question here.

It's good you brought it up, I am sure they will address it, but from a company standpoint, would you want clients moving domains to other registers, so they are probably trained to avoid that situation, just like when you call to cancel a cell phone, they try to talk you out of it.

You didn't need to waste your time with that conversation, Godaddy is a business at the end of the day, not a charity, you got 30 days grace on your domains, take it, and move on.

•••
The reason I post here is just want to showcase a reality.

Godaddy doesnt have to care about it, as I am nothing, just a common user. Fine.

But I cannot keep silent and let them keep making jokes on us

•••
You didn't get anything, you should have an account rep, or contact if you say you own 3000 domains. Why are you asking low level chat support. You are extensive user of namepros, most people here have infinite knowledge of domains, post a question here.

It's good you brought it up, I am sure they will address it, but from a company standpoint, would you want clients moving domains to other registers, so they are probably trained to avoid that situation, just like when you call to cancel a cell phone, they try to talk you out of it.

You didn't need to waste your time with that conversation, Godaddy is a business at the end of the day, not a charity, you got 30 days grace on your domains, take it, and move on.

Dont waste your time in here, bro. I have my freedom to deal with them, fight against them, and post here, share with people. That;s the way I do things.

I am not wasting time, I am fight for fairness and use my the very little power to protect my right .

•••

The only thing I get is that Godaddy is shitty registrar. That built more confidence on me to escape from its shitty system.

•••
Guys, dont think this type of things are too small and not worth to spending time on it.

Nothing is small. Small matters can be big. Small things matters. That matters our foundation and basic principles of daily life, our business, our value, our success.

•••
today I just transferred around 20 names away from godaddy.

I will keep updating my transfer in here.

From today until to finish them all

•••
my angry not just because of this time shitty experiences, my angry was because of the last 5,6,7 years of bad experiences.

As a small people, i didnt do anything to protect myself. I was wrong. But what could I do????I didnt have the voice to speak out, nothing I could do to fight back to their arrogant attitude.

•••
Of course we are sorry the agent gave you incorrect information about the transfer but they did give you the article a couple times in the conversation https://ph.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019 that tells you how to transfer an expired domain without paying the renewal fee which is what you did in the end. As someone pointed out you were also incorrect in how ICANN's expiration policy works. I have found it is better to be humble in my life as I am frequently enough incorrect despite the best intentions and try to extend the same grace to others as I hope to get myself. I am glad this worked out ok for you in the end and sorry again that you did not get the information quickly and clearly. The agent was correct that if you wanted to renew the domain late with us there is an additional fee.

I read again your post. I think you are defending yourself , which is very disappointed

They gave me long articles and then tell me incorrect information

Wow. This is your strategy. Very misleading people

Good job Joe.

I can show people say “Joe Styler is not 80 year old, he is Japanese farmer. please read this article for evidence”

Then the article is long.

Is that misleading?

Last edited:
•••

Uniregistry provide me 24 hour VIP services. I can even text message the account manager, he always respond me quickly. I never requested that, but they gave that to me

In comparison, Godaddy never did so for me.

•••
Uniregistry provide me 24 hour VIP services. I can even text message the account manager, he always respond me quickly. I never requested that, but they gave that to me

In comparison, Godaddy never did so for me.
Uniregistry is a domainers platform for sure, they offer 40 days grace.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back