Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

advice Should I be worried?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

blast

Established Member
Impact
13
Hi,

I have a question. Should I be worried about not receiving a domain transferred that I initiated from another registrar. Ok, so I bought a domain and we used escrow to do the transaction. Everything went well, I got the auth code and paid for the transfer of the name to my registrar GoDaddy. Usually you wait to the name to be in your account so you can release the funds, I haven't gotten the name in my account yet and escrow sent me an email saying it has released the funds to the seller. Escrow sent me an email with my whois info.

The question is, once I initiated the transfer can it be reversed? Also, am I supposed to received a confirmation email saying that there is a transfer that needs approval? Lastly, how long does it take to complete the transfer from the other registrar to GoDaddy?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I had to since I thought the funds were being released without me approving. I suppose you or anyone here would have done the same if found in that situation. But it's all good everyone. Thanks for the help and fast response. (y)

I think you should have substantiated the facts before making such a pronouncement. But, as you say, it's all good. But we'd all like to know how this eventually turns out.
 
0
•••
Domain transfer can approximately take up to 5 to 7 days to complete a transfer. For a newly registered domain name, you need to wait at least 60 days before transferring. The can be different reasons why domain transfer must have failed. It is better to contact the domain registrant and check what the exact reason is and get it resolved.
 
0
•••
Fast transfer, is...fast! I just sold a domain at AN on Friday and today, the same day buyer's funds cleared, it was fast transferred out! AN will ACH me the funds in a few days.

Now, that doesn't mean that the buyer has the domain yet, AN has it. (The WhoIs now shows GoDaddy as the owner.)


I wouldn't necessarily say that domain transfer is that slow. I've sold domains via escrow before and then once I complete the clicks to permit the transfer I notice that the WhoIs is updated to that of the buyer almost instantly.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Hi,

I have a question. Should I be worried about not receiving a domain transferred that I initiated from another registrar. Ok, so I bought a domain and we used escrow to do the transaction. Everything went well, I got the auth code and paid for the transfer of the name to my registrar GoDaddy. Usually you wait to the name to be in your account so you can release the funds, I haven't gotten the name in my account yet and escrow sent me an email saying it has released the funds to the seller. Escrow sent me an email with my whois info.

The question is, once I initiated the transfer can it be reversed? Also, am I supposed to received a confirmation email saying that there is a transfer that needs approval? Lastly, how long does it take to complete the transfer from the other registrar to GoDaddy?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
yes, you should be worried
 
0
•••
If you the seller are not holding the domain at GoDaddy (but at some other registrar, such as say, in my case, Dynadot): When you sell a domain to someone who IS on GoDaddy, and give the authorization code, it first transfers out from your Registrar to a sort of holding account at GD and is then transferred over to the buyer. So, for a short while the WhoIs for the domain will show as a Domains By Proxy, LLC being held by GD.

When the transfer goes to GD, and did not COME from GD, GD is not instantaneous about transferring it to the end buyer.

After you've done this for a little while, not even for that long, if you are observant you notice all the different permutations that might happen during a sale and transfer.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
If you the seller are not holding the domain at GoDaddy (but at some other registrar, such as say, in my case, Dynadot): When you sell a domain to someone who IS on GoDaddy, and give the authorization code, it first transfers out from your Registrar to a sort of holding account at GD and is then transferred over to the buyer. So, for a short while the WhoIs for the domain will show as a Domains By Proxy, LLC being held by GD.

That's not always the case.
 
0
•••
If you the seller are not holding the domain at GoDaddy (but at some other registrar, such as say, in my case, Dynadot): When you sell a domain to someone who IS on GoDaddy, and give the authorization code, it first transfers out from your Registrar to a sort of holding account at GD and is then transferred over to the buyer. So, for a short while the WhoIs for the domain will show as a Domains By Proxy, LLC being held by GD.

Just did another sale, where my domain was at DynaDot and buyer at GoDaddy. Same as before it went now to GoDaddy pending transfer into buyer's own GoDaddy account.
 
0
•••
So all is solved?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I had to since I thought the funds were being released without me approving. I suppose you or anyone here would have done the same if found in that situation. But it's all good everyone. Thanks for the help and fast response. (y)

How did this eventually turn out?
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back