IT.COM

Setting up Apache on your HD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Today I just set up Apache on my hard drive and installed PHP. It was actually pretty easy. Just required some manual editing of config files. Does anyone else have a server set up on their hard drive or know how? It's pretty useful for testing those PHP scripts. :D I'd add a tutorial but there are so many different configurations I'd have to just do one for Windows ME with the exact same versions of PHP and Apache lol.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have it installed on my computer as well, and I have to admit that it's came in handy alot lately with testing some scripts. [=
In the tutorials section of the forum is a thread on how to install apache, php, perl, and mysql, which is what I went by to install all of them. I did have a little trouble with getting the apache to install but I finally got it installed with some help from deadserious, and it is very useful. [=

•••
i have it installed with mysql php and i build all my websites on this machine then upload them

•••
Yeah I am going to install MySQL reading deadserious' instructions once I move on to using PHP with MySQL. Deadserious is good :)

•••
One thing I did have a problem with and couldn't get to install on my computer was Perl, I don't know if it was just a bad week to try to download it or not, but it would download for like an hour (I'm on dial-up blah) then it would give me an Error message. I will get Perl downloaded because I plan on using it eventually, but trying to learn Perl and PHP at the same time is confusing.

•••
Yea, having it all set up on your home computer can save alot of time and I think you'll learn a little more that way too. Go ahead and add any tutorials for setting things up if you'd like. Even if they already exist, there's always more than one way to do it, or atleast more than one version to do it with. :D

•••
Well I just read through your instructions and they are great. Like I said only differences are between versions and such which are just minor changes. You're a good tutorial writer. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back